Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 13

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Maybe because you can't fit a bottle of iodine in a multi.

Personally, I would take mercury poisioning over death via iodine anyday.
    Symptoms of iodine dosing may include but are not limited to:

eye lid twitching
    foot twitching
    tingling in hands or feet
    dark thoughts (e.g., there is no reason to live)
    depression (e.g., there is no reason to get out of bed)
    anxiety
    emotionality
    mouth and tongue sores and cuts or "sore mouth"
    "different" acne,"bromide acne," "acne-like eruptions" without "coniform." (Some iodine
    users found zinc helps bromide acne.)
    skin "cuts"
    hair loss
    numbness in hands and feet
    brain fog
    leg and hip ache (feels like arthritis)
    rash (bromaderma)
    metallic taste
    sinus ache
    cherry angiomas
    permanent damage to your intestines and brain
    delirium and other short-term problems
    seizures
    vomiting
    goiters
    runny nose
    headache
    sedation
    lethargy
    odd swallowing sensation (reported in old medical literature as "swollen glottis")
    body odor (bromos is Greek for stench)
    unusual urine odor
    dry mouth
    ureteral spasm, frequent urination (mistaken for urinary infection)
    diarrhea
    constipation
    vision changes
    irritability
    increased salivation
    dream changes
    hormone changes
    kidney pain
    breast tenderness (transient symptom reported to resolve)

I think I would rather develop a crack cocaine addition, it sounds way more pleasant.
    Anyone questioning the potential dangers of thyroid mauling dosages is part of a criminal government conspiracy to keep people sick and unwell.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    When Hostess makes paleo Twinkies, I'll know we've arrived.
    What? A little cattail top coated with saffron and a clean tallow filling . . . paleotwinkie . . . np.
    Last edited by brahnamin; 07-11-2012 at 04:03 AM.

I love my goofy Vibrams.
    Hate Vibrams.

Lie.

Lurve Vibrams. Hate that my third and forth toe on each foot is fused. No inbred country girl jokes.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurKisses View Post
    Hate Vibrams.

Lie.

Lurve Vibrams. Hate that my third and forth toe on each foot is fused. No inbred country girl jokes.
    Second and third on mine, partially, both feet. No jokes. Just glad that I don't have that second-toe-is-longest thing.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Well call me cheap or weird, or both (coz both would apply :-), but I just go barefoot as much as possible, which is a lot of the time(self employed, work @ home). Vibrams seem contrived, expensive & 'trendy' to me. But maybe not. I've never used them personally so my opinion is not based on a real experience & so many people luv 'em, so maybe they are great & I'm missing out.

As for seaweed, it's a food you can find walking along the shoreline in the morning. Like a fruit on a tree limb or a berry on a bush. So how much more primal/paleo could a food be?

As for seaweed being toxic, its the same argument made for liver. Seaweed is a filter for the ocean but, as I understand it, not much if any of those toxic substances remain in the seaweed's structure. I've been a fan of ocean & fresh water algaes since about 20 years. Some solid science in the past several decades & a thousand or so years of Asian food culture behind the medicinal use of seaweed & spirulina & chlorella. No links, but Google is a click or a clack away.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Well call me cheap or weird, or both (coz both would apply :-), but I just go barefoot as much as possible, which is a lot of the time(self employed, work @ home). Vibrams seem contrived, expensive & 'trendy' to me. But maybe not. I've never used them personally so my opinion is not based on a real experience & so many people luv 'em, so maybe they are great & I'm missing out.
    Vibrams are great when you have to have shoes on - shopping, going to restaurant, etc - but bare is better.

*wanders off waiting for the inevitable "that's what she said" joke*

meghanwaslike is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.
    I kind of love you.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    ^ Required to wear hi-top hiking boots for work.

But the minute I get home, they're off and I'm barefoot. Partly because I can't stand them anymore, and partly because I don't want the gross crap I've walked through to get on the carpet.

My son (the mechanic) saw a pic of Mark's feet in Vibram a while back and said "Oh yeah, those are the shoes the douchebag guys wear when they bring their car in." So I guess not all the people that wear them are as cool as the people here...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You are. My loving husband is very supportive of what I'm doing, but he's a firm believer of "all things in moderation." Today I gave him a copy of TPB and Wheat Belly -- I told him that I'm not trying to convert him; if he has the time and the inclination, he could see why I'm choosing to eat the way that I am. I've got my fingers crossed that he'll read the books and will want to talk about them. From there? Who knows? Maybe we'll be on the way to my whole family eating more whole foods and less grains. Maybe all of us will even be primal. Ooh...
    I hope he wants to talk too. Our doctor (Paleo) has suggested to DH that he read TPB so he can see what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I think he understands the logic just from me talking about it, but he doesn't understand that he has a need for this too. He's easily at least 100 lbs overweight (he's 330, 6'1" tall), has untreated sleep apnea, I've heard him in the bathroom - it's not pretty, and is undoubtedly prediabetic. His employer does a blood physical every year. Last year they suggested he see his doctor b/c he has a fatty liver.

Paleo-bread would probably be a good transitioning thing for him for when he "cooks" b/c he's lazy and won't cook. He thinks things need to be easy to make and ready in minutes - like mac& cheese or Tombstone, etc. And he gets bored easily. It's saddening, really.

But he's coming around - albeit slowly. He has given up soda and stopped eating Yoplait yogurt b/c of the sugar content... but freezer pops, ice cream and pudding snacks fill the voids.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't touch paleobread with a bargepole or liver (bad experience as a child) nor pate unless I made it myself. I never saw the point of going low carb or Paleo/Primal and eating approximations of pizza or muffins.

OH isnt low carb let alone Paleo/Primal and he complained that I was trying to dictate his diet for the rest of his life. However when I decided to go organic, he was enthusiastic about that, to my surprise.

He now has organic Weetabix and organic Italian cornflakes instead of stuff with additives. There are organic cheese and ham pizzas, beef lasagne and cottage pie in the freezer and tins of organic baked beans and packets of organic biscuits in the larder. I feel better because he isn't eating additives, he likes better tasting food and trying new things and the side benefit is that he's eating fewer carbs because so far Golden Wonder isn't making organic Pot Noodles nor Hunger Break making organic all day breakfast.

Going organic might be a good strategy for other people too ??????

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast