Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 12

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I came across a paleo food blog with a bunch of recipes for 'paleo' substitutions for omitted foods, like bread & an amazing variety of wickedly decadent desserts. I tried the bread, coconut flour, eggs, some baking soda, stevia, & a few other things. It was just ok & my mom hated it, lol. I'm not opposed to, very once in a while, 'healthy' modified 'paleo-ish' desserts, or even very occassionally, some real grain based organic delicacy with hi qual & fresh ingredients, for a special event or a party. Hell, I ate that stuff & worse, for years, daily at certain times in my life. One isolated faux--paleo-bread or one piece of cheery ain't gonna reverse my paleo life or ruin my health. The kind of person I am & how I relate to other, plus what comes out of my mouth, is more important than what goes in.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Why can't someone just have a good old complaint and have other people commiserate WITHOUT people coming in and being a jerk about hidden agendas? Everybody's gotta have the last word.
    You're complaining that too many people are complaining?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I get frustrated when loose paleo eaters say lighten up and eat a cupcake and get frustrated at how close minded the rest of us are. But because of their closed mind, they overlook the fact that some people have allergies and intolerances and CAN'T eat anything that deviates from the protocal. They slap at it as being your religion if you follow it to a T. What they don't get is that some of us will burn in paleo hell if we "sin." ie digestion issues, autoimmune, and so on.
    Those people are not telling people to eat food that will make them sick - people who have serious adverse reactions to food generally don't have any issues turning it down. That advice is meant for healthy people who won't get violently ill from eating the food
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Meh, I used to make some of those fake paleo foods when I was transitioning but I sort of forgot about them when I discovered what real food actually looks like. I have no need/desire for them anymore but if I didn't have them at first then I would've found it very hard to break away from grains and stuff.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I don't really care either way. But it is kind of funny thinking people are going out of their way concocting these strange "paleo" desserts that are basically no better for you than regular junk foods. In fact some of the recipes I see, especially the breads, are even worse than their SAD counterparts.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    300 some odd pages... I haven't even opened it yet. I'm scared. I see links to it all the time though. Depressed? Iodine. Acne? Iodine. Hungry? Iodine. Muscle cramp? Iodine. Rash? Iodine. Cold? Iodine. Iodine poisoning? Iodine.
    I got attacked in the iodine thread for suggesting people possibly try eating some seaweed wraps.
    Apparently I was trying to get people killed via mercury poisoning or something.
    Yet these people are blindly taking dangerous thyroid raping amounts of iodine which I'm sure is extracted from the exact same place as wherever the apparently contaminated seaweed comes from. People get told to reject all their doctors advice who they have face-to-face consultation with because they're part of an evil government con job, yet they throw their unsolicited trust behind some crackpot online doctor they have never even met who make their living of selling iodine supplements and convincing people it's the source of all societies ailments. It's mind blowing.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed is gross. And I haven't read the iodine thread. Probably don't want to, from what people on this thread have said about it. I have iodine in my first aid kit. That's about it.
    But as to the original topic of this thread, I think a distinction should be made between people who make coconut pancakes or something like that for breakfast EVERY SINGLE DAY and people who make them once every couple months as a treat. I feel like crap and (possibly TMI, but isn't half the stuff in this forum?!) fart a lot if I eat excessive wheat things, so if I want something with the taste/texture/look/etc of pancakes, I'm going to make coconut/almond meal ones.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I got attacked in the iodine thread for suggesting people possibly try eating some seaweed wraps.
    Wait. You suggested a natural whole-food solution? And you call yourself Primal . . .

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    When Hostess makes paleo Twinkies, I'll know we've arrived.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i tried to suggest taking a decent multivitamin instead of buying 30 different supps and got accused of trying to harm and kill and poison people

well yeah, i do, but it wasn't THAT time
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast