Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 11

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Admittedly kids raised full blown SAD are harder to convert, but I don't think it has to be the impossible trial it is sometimes made out to be. Especially if you have a supportive spouse helping rather than hindering. Which I am admittedly lucky to have.
    You are. My loving husband is very supportive of what I'm doing, but he's a firm believer of "all things in moderation." Today I gave him a copy of TPB and Wheat Belly -- I told him that I'm not trying to convert him; if he has the time and the inclination, he could see why I'm choosing to eat the way that I am. I've got my fingers crossed that he'll read the books and will want to talk about them. From there? Who knows? Maybe we'll be on the way to my whole family eating more whole foods and less grains. Maybe all of us will even be primal. Ooh...

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    300 some odd pages... I haven't even opened it yet. I'm scared. I see links to it all the time though. Depressed? Iodine. Acne? Iodine. Hungry? Iodine. Muscle cramp? Iodine. Rash? Iodine. Cold? Iodine. Iodine poisoning? Iodine.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If you rub iodine all over ya, you get a nice tanned look too. Sure, it's a bit orange, but no different than regular self tanning and this gives you added benefit. If you then go and get a tan on top of it -- to get your vit D -- then you'll look really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    "Paleoer-than-thou circle jerk" and "I don't give a grassfed fuck". LOL!!! Too funny. You gotta get these into Urban Dictionary asap. Anyway, I concur wholeheartedly and feel that many others out there have the same sentiment.
    Best part of this otherwise terrible thread conversion.

So silly how some people have to convince others how "paleo" they are.

/shrug

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't paleo-bake either, btw (from page one). First, I can't bake anyway. Second, it's a bad idea. Third, when I want cake or whatever, I just go and get a cake. There's a bakery here where the owner was trained in Europe and his cakes are the best ever all kinds of cool traditional european cakes. Several of them are gluten free.

Then, it's more like "the 20%" which happens less than 20% of the time, so it's awesome.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    If you rub iodine all over ya, you get a nice tanned look too. Sure, it's a bit orange, but no different than regular self tanning and this gives you added benefit. If you then go and get a tan on top of it -- to get your vit D -- then you'll look really awesome.
    *teasnort*

Paleobird Guest
    Is it wrong that in my head it's always a ma'am-o-gram?
    But I guess between starting this thread and sniping at Saint Jack last fall, my *evil* creds are already well established.
    Oh, you're not evil. This was an interesting conversation. BTW, you were just a bit ahead of the learning curve about Dr. K. I think a lot of people are realizing that, while he does come up with a bit of good basic wisdom here and there, his stuff is a lot of chaff and very little wheat. (Get it ? Wheat. On the primal bread thread.)

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    (Get it ? Wheat. On the primal bread thread.)
    I hear it's primal if you only use the stem. Lotsa fibre.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hear it's primal if you only use the stem. Lotsa fibre.
    No, no, if you soak the wheat in iodine, it's totally fine.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast