Thread: Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen page

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member

Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen

Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to remember who mentioned this book in one of the binge threads....I think it may have been jimhensen?

At any rate, whoever it was, I just wanted to say the biggest THANK YOU for mentioning this book. I haven't binged in over two weeks and I'm feeling so much better and in control. This book has changed my life! For the first time in a very long time I actually feel like I can eat like a normal person and not worry that I'm going to go nuts and binge.

Anyone out there that is struggling with binge eating, I highly recommend this book!

patrickh is offline Member
    Would it be helpful for someon who only has a problem with binging? I've never purged, but I often struggle with binging when I eat anything that's off the diet.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickh View Post
    Would it be helpful for someon who only has a problem with binging? I've never purged, but I often struggle with binging when I eat anything that's off the diet.
    Yes, I have never purged either.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I'm trying to remember who mentioned this book in one of the binge threads....I think it may have been jimhensen?

At any rate, whoever it was, I just wanted to say the biggest THANK YOU for mentioning this book. I haven't binged in over two weeks and I'm feeling so much better and in control. This book has changed my life! For the first time in a very long time I actually feel like I can eat like a normal person and not worry that I'm going to go nuts and binge.

Anyone out there that is struggling with binge eating, I highly recommend this book!
    Yes, it was me that recommended the book. I am happy that it helped you. I am over a month binge free and my weight is steadily going down. For the first time in my (adult) life I feel that I have control over what I am eating. Maybe others will see this and this will help them as well. Good luck on your continued efforts.

And everyone says I'm just a troll.....

jmosery is offline Member
    I too read it after you mentioned it and have not hinged in over two weeks

But I need a book to help with overrating and sticking to paleo I want to be perfect but having such a hard time and it stinks because I feel soo much better when I do

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickh View Post
    Most definitely!! This book really took me back to the habits I developed many years ago as a teen and young adult, things I had not thought about in years! I used to purge with exercise, vomiting and laxitives but as I've gotten older, that has changed into binge eating and purgeing with excessive exercise, to now (present day) where fitness is a part of my life every day (not in excessive amounts), but I still struggled with bingeing. So yes, it certainly can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Yes, it was me that recommended the book. I am happy that it helped you. I am over a month binge free and my weight is steadily going down. For the first time in my (adult) life I feel that I have control over what I am eating. Maybe others will see this and this will help them as well. Good luck on your continued efforts.

And everyone says I'm just a troll.....
    lol!!! I never thought you were a troll. Congrats on the weight loss and newfound control over what you are eating. It's really an amazing feeling, isn't it? I feel so much better now!

Quote Originally Posted by jmosery View Post
    I too read it after you mentioned it and have not hinged in over two weeks

But I need a book to help with overrating and sticking to paleo I want to be perfect but having such a hard time and it stinks because I feel soo much better when I do
    Funny how we know that if we do a certain thing, that we will feel better, but we still do things to sabotage it. I was caught in that cycle since going Primal. As far as overeating, I don't have a whole lot of advice except don't eat off plan. My tendancy to overeat is far, far less if I'm eating only Paleo/Primal foods.