Thread: Want to hear from those with gall stones and have had success going Primal page

sdwriter is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Want to hear from those with gall stones and have had success going Primal

Primal Fuel
    Thank you so much for your help!

I was just diagnosed with 3 VERY large gall stones (no sound wave therapy for these!!!) and the doctor said decrease red meat and fat--just when I was about to embark on Paleo!!!

Who else had this issue before/during going primal and had success? I would REALLY like to keep my gall bladder AND go Paleo

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I don't know anything about gallstones, but I do know where to find great info!

Gallstones cleanse, gallbladder surgery and gallstones, Liver and gallbaldder gallstones flush

Hope you find some answers~

sadiscjay is offline Junior Member
    I was diagnosed with gallstones last summer, was referred to a surgeon by my doctor and after doing the research and speaking with the surgeon, I decided to keep my gallbladder. About two weeks before seeing the surgeon was when i started Primal/Paleo. One thing I have found that is working wonders for me is that I drink a glass of apple juice anytime i feel an attack coming on. I have found that my attacks come after I have a cheat of grain or highly processed foods, not from fatty meals. From what I have read the malic acid in apples/apple juice helps to dissolve the stones. It sure seems to work for me, I have not had a full blown gallstone attack in about a year since starting down the Primal/Paleo path. Hope this helps.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Recently, gluten intolerance has been linked to gallbladder disease.

You need to read this:

Mary Dan Eades, M.D. Oh, the Gall of It All

If you've eaten low fat your entire life, the bile in your gallbladder solidified, having no work to do. Eating fat will make your gallbladder work harder, because it has stones in the way!

You can certainly do Primal/Paleo, but do it slowly.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Definitely do a search on the forum - there have been quite a few people discussing this in the past.

I don't have stones, but I have a sluggish gallbladder that doesn't empty well and causes pain, nausea, and vomiting. Clean, primal eating keeps the problem away. The killer for me is crappy oils - anything deep fried in vegetable oil is a big problem. I asked the GI doc about it and she said it was any fat. But I know better. I can eat butter, tallow, lard - you name it and no problem.

I also found apple cider vinegar very helpful during attacks.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sdwriter is offline Junior Member

Red face

Thank you all for the encouragment!!! I feel much better about his now