Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I am considering going full-on Paleo page 4

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Cool, you guys found a new thread to waste everybody's time in.
    We're having fun. What are you doing? Other than being snarky of course.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I have eliminated ALL dairy except the occasional bit of raw cheese.

I feel 100 times better.

The raw cheese has the advantage of the wonderful bacteria that seems to eliminate a lot fo the issues with dairy that people have. That said, i still watch my intake because it is loaded with calories, and a little goes a long way...

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Cool, you guys found a new thread to waste everybody's time in.
    I just wasted two seconds reading your post. I would like my seconds back, please. Did you have some earth-shattering advice you'd like to share?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I just wasted two seconds reading your post. I would like my seconds back, please. Did you have some earth-shattering advice you'd like to share?
    Hey lady! You and Darthie must have, like BatVision or something... Always swooping in in the nick of time...

Hi sbhikes!

As far milk and nasal stuff goes - all four of mine couldn't take the stuff as kids. Two remain intolerant, one is tolerant as long as she doesn't overdo it, and the last one hasn't shown problems beyond the age of six, but is picky as to what kind of dairy she will eat, so she doesn't get too much anyway.

In my little experience, with my own kids and watching the hordes we come into contact with, almost all those kids with ENT issues, especially recurrent ear infections, respond very well to eliminating milk. At least, all those whose mothers weren't too afraid their darling would starve to death or suffer irreparable harm by doing a 30-day strict dairy-free challenge.

In my one still-intolerant kid, she has the slow-pathway allergy to dairy. She doesn't get hives - she gets horrible congestion from the sinuses through to the lungs. In the other still-intolerant kid, she has leaky gut.

I think it is worth it to do the challenge. Sorry about the coffee - I don't drink it, so I can't help you there.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Coffee is really the thing that keeps letting dairy sneak back in for me. I clearly feel best on a higher fat version of the simple paleo diet. In fact, I just realized that I had a ton of dairy last week and I am having problems with sinus congestion - which I thought was out of no-where but maybe not.

What is the strict paleo opinion on nuts? Because I feel tons better without them as well.

Right now I am eating a lot of meat and fruit. It just feels good right now. But I'm cutting the dairy and coffee back out to see if my sinuses clear back up.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Coffee is really the thing that keeps letting dairy sneak back in for me. I clearly feel best on a higher fat version of the simple paleo diet. In fact, I just realized that I had a ton of dairy last week and I am having problems with sinus congestion - which I thought was out of no-where but maybe not.

What is the strict paleo opinion on nuts? Because I feel tons better without them as well.

Right now I am eating a lot of meat and fruit. It just feels good right now. But I'm cutting the dairy and coffee back out to see if my sinuses clear back up.
    Cordain says to stick with walnuts or macadamias due to the better O3/O6 ratio and to stay away from almonds because they are the worst of the bunch. But he also says to take it easy on the quantities in general if you have any weight to lose.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    We're having fun. What are you doing? Other than being snarky of course.
    No I'm not you are. I'm just trying to get attention to what a waste all this back and forth is that doesn't relate to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    And I wasted 4 seconds reading yours and posting this--happens all the time--stupid, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey lady! You and Darthie must have, like BatVision or something... Always swooping in in the nick of time...
    Can this be proven with studies I will dispute?

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    No I'm not you are. I'm just trying to get attention to what a waste all this back and forth is that doesn't relate to the OP.

And I wasted 4 seconds reading yours and posting this--happens all the time--stupid, huh?

No one cares. Thanks for the laugh, mate!

Now, if you already know you will disagree with anything I put forth, that kinda' shoots the professional detachment / scientific integrity thing dead before we begin...

How about we all hitch a ride in the Batmobile back to the Batcave and have Alfred bring us some drinks while we discuss the probability of Rasputina or Darthie having BatVision... Personally, I think Rasputina is Catwoman...

Just curious... your forum name... Oetzi as in the frozen Oetztal guy?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast