I just read Loren Cordain's Paleo Answer. There is a lot of scientific information in there but he's kind enough to explain things simply and with few words but put all the references in the back if you want them.

I was fairly shocked by what milk does to you. I still put a little half-and-half in my coffee every day. I have a lot of post-nasal drip. Perhaps this is my problem. I was also shocked by what beans do to you. I don't eat them often, however.

My boyfriend appears to have all the signs of leaky gut and the resulting autoimmune issues described in the book. I am hoping he will read the book or at least if I cook purely paleo dinners that it will help him sleep and poop better and hurt less.

I personally would like to lose a little more weight. I had started to see signs of autoimmune issues in myself but they have vastly subsided since eating Primal. I am hoping that being a little more closer to pure paleo will help. I'm not going to count or restrict carbs, just try to read labels a little more closely and serve foods with fewer "borderline" ingredients.

Has anyone here gotten stricter toward paleo and noticed any benefits?