Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW? page

Ribbons is offline Senior Member

How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW?

I don't understand how nearly everyone at my school is in a normal weight range while living on sandwiches and biscuits and junk food (except a few people who just eat lettuce). My mum watches Dr Oz and other "health" shows on tv and is into conventional wisdom. She's healthy, she eats lots of wholegrains, almost zero saturated fat, and goes to the gym a few times a week (and mostly just goes on the treadmill). Everyone I know eats grains, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. and somehow I'm still fatter than most people my age. Am I missing something? Willpower? The only "advantage" I seem to have while eating primal is that I can easily skip meals and I don't have to eat as often, e.g. yesterday I ate a lot and it's now 4pm and I haven't eaten yet today because I'm still not hungry. It just seems really strange that people on this forum are so careful about avoiding certain foods (eg. wheat) that most people eat at every single meal. And if it's so important that our brains get enough saturated fat then how can everyone else's brains function on almost none? Is everyone just really well adapted to the modern diet?

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    I don't understand how nearly everyone at my school is in a normal weight range while living on sandwiches and biscuits and junk food (except a few people who just eat lettuce).
    Bad food takes it toll over time. Most people are fairly healthy until they reach 30. Then they start developing health and weight issues.
    My mum watches Dr Oz and other "health" shows on tv and is into conventional wisdom. She's healthy, she eats lots of wholegrains, almost zero saturated fat, and goes to the gym a few times a week (and mostly just goes on the treadmill).
    Unless you're waiting on your inheritance, you could always share some of the information you have on nutrition with her. Yeah, it's easier said than done....
    Everyone I know eats grains, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. and somehow I'm still fatter than most people my age.
    Grains, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. don't make you fat. Too much food makes you fat. Eating grains, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. can hurt your health, thus causing you to get fat, though.
    Am I missing something? Willpower?
    Willpower to do what?
    The only "advantage" I seem to have while eating primal is that I can easily skip meals and I don't have to eat as often, e.g. yesterday I ate a lot and it's now 4pm and I haven't eaten yet today because I'm still not hungry. It just seems really strange that people on this forum are so careful about avoiding certain foods (eg. wheat) that most people eat at every single meal.
    75 years ago, everybody smoked cigarettes. If you lived 75 years ago, should you smoke too?
    And if it's so important that our brains get enough saturated fat then how can everyone else's brains function on almost none? Is everyone just really well adapted to the modern diet?
    What do you mean, function? The world is gullible enough to shoot themselves full of flu vaccinations, pop aspirins everyday, and think the world started in 4,000 BCE. Here in America, they think a disaster 11 years ago where 2,000 people died was a big deal (compared to 40,000 people who die a year in car crashes), they put people in prison because they smoke marijuana (not to mention the almost 2 million people in prison), and they are going to require parents to vaccinate their children in California (it used to be that you could exempt...now it's going to be required that you get an exemption from a licensed pediatrician, after the pediatrician warns you about all the dangers of not injecting yourself with this:

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    Bad food takes it toll over time. Most people are fairly healthy until they reach 30. Then they start developing health and weight issues.
    Hmm that's true I guess. It's amazing how most people can stay healthy for so long though.
    Unless you're waiting on your inheritance, you could always share some of the information you have on nutrition with her.
    Yeah I tried sending her some links but she doesn't read them properly and she's not interested enough. She's healthy so she she doesn't think she needs to change anything.
    Yeah, it's easier said than done....Grains, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. don't make you fat. Too much food makes you fat. Eating grains, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. can hurt your health, thus causing you to get fat, though.
    They made me fat... And most people lose weight when they cut them out of their diet. I think they usually cause weight gain indirectly like by increasing your appetite.
    Willpower to do what?
    Eat less and exercise more.
    What do you mean, function? The world is gullible enough to shoot themselves full of flu vaccinations, pop aspirins everyday, and think the world started in 4,000 BCE. Here in America, they think a disaster 11 years ago where 2,000 people died was a big deal (compared to 40,000 people who die a year in car crashes), they put people in prison because they smoke marijuana (not to mention the almost 2 million people in prison), and they are going to require parents to vaccinate their children in California (it used to be that you could exempt...now it's going to be required that you get an exemption from a licensed pediatrician, after the pediatrician warns you about all the dangers of not injecting yourself with this:
    Wow I didn't know about that vaccination stuff. In Australia there are a few particular vaccinations you have to get before you're allowed to go to primary school... I know that some people have temporary side effects and a very small percentage die but don't they still stop dangerous diseases/viruses from spreading?

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Maybe this isn't the place for a pro/anti vaccinations riot to break out.

In ref to the OP-do you really just want to survive? I want to fracking LIVE!!

Hmm that's true I guess. It's amazing how most people can stay healthy for so long though.

Yeah I tried sending her some links but she doesn't read them properly and she's not interested enough. She's healthy so she she doesn't think she needs to change anything.

They made me fat... And most people lose weight when they cut them out of their diet. I think they usually cause weight gain indirectly like by increasing your appetite.
    Whatever the case is, vegetable oil and gluten do not hold a place in anyone's diet.

Eat less and exercise more.
    Are the benefits of eating less and exercising more worth eating less and exercising more for? That's your decision.

Wow I didn't know about that vaccination stuff. In Australia there are a few particular vaccinations you have to get before you're allowed to go to primary school... I know that some people have temporary side effects and a very small percentage die but don't they still stop dangerous diseases/viruses from spreading?
    First of all, what are most vaccines for in Australia? Flu? Chicken pox? Please tell how a cold is more dangerous than taking a vaccine.

Vaccines are simply a way for drug companies to make more money. In the United States, the government exempts these drug companies from liability for illness and death resulting from vaccines. Vaccines mean more money for everyone who already has a lot of money. I do support big business, but not when they're injecting people with crap just for a buck.

Obviously, I haven't really addressed your question. Do vaccines work?

This really sums it up: Proof That Vaccines Didn't Save Us | Gene's Green Book

But, since one article may not be enough to convince you,

Dr. James Howenstine -- Why You Should Avoid Taking Vaccines
    Why Vaccines Don't Work as Advertised
    GRAPHICAL EVIDENCE SHOWS VACCINES DIDN'T SAVE US

Websites related to vaccines courtesy of westonaprice.org

Healing Arts: Children's Vaccines: Research on Risks for Children from Vaccines & Neurological Effects (Studies on vaccine complications)
    Know Vaccines: knowvaccines.com (A parent offers this vaccination information site because of the loss of his daughter to vaccine-induced cancer)
    National Vaccine Infomation Center: National Vaccine Information Center
    Think Twice: ThinkTwice Global Vaccine Institute: Avoid Vaccine Reactions (Uncensored information on childhood shots and other immunizations)
    Vaccination Liberation: Vaccination Liberation Home Page (Organization devoted to repealing mandatory vaccine laws)
    Vaccine Website: VACCINATION (One father's investigations into Vaccinations, it is very thorough)

Basically, vaccines probably don't help stop the spread of disease. There are certainly arguments on the other side, saying that vaccines do stop disease. (though we must note that most of these arguments are probably coming from drug companies) However when you put everything together, the evidence clearly shows vaccines only affect people negatively. In any case, most vaccines aren't needed whether they work or not. If you live in Africa, the use of vaccines is debatable. But in a modern, 1st or 2nd world country? No way. The health affects of having what is shown in that image injected into your bloodstream is far worse than a cold.....and injecting someone with that junk isn't going to stop them from getting a cold anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Maybe this isn't the place for a pro/anti vaccinations riot to break out.

In ref to the OP-do you really just want to survive? I want to fracking LIVE!!
    Last time I checked, this website is about health. Vaccines = unhealthy. Or, possibly in your opinion, vaccines = health. Whatever the case, I would think a forum about health is well suited for a discussion on vaccines.

Oh, by the way, those ingredients in that image are definitely primal.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Ribbons, it can be frustrating to see people doing well with SAD. But as already mentioned, when everyone gets older, that's when it all starts catching up and having devastating effects. Think long term.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Yes that is like saying that all the people you know from school who smoke are healthy, therefore how can it be said that smoking is so bad for you? That would APPEAR to be true. However it is not. The ones who continue to smoke will start showing the signs of disease at an age where they should be in excellent health. It takes time. The body is very resilient. It is always trying to keep you healthy in spite of the abuse we put it through. But it eventually starts to break down and the damage becomes permanent.

I can tell you from my experience that those who haven't taken care of themselves are most definitely on the decline now. I'm 47 so I'm talking people around my age. I know some that are in their 30's and very ill. I'm going to a funeral on Thursday for a very good friend. He was my age and died of a massive heart attack. He lived on sugar water drinks, junk food and cigarettes.

You simply can't put all kinds of junk in your body for years and years and expect to have a body that functions properly. Eventually it will not . How can eating REAL food possibly not be far better for one than eating FAKE JUNK?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Ribbons,
    I think you have been around on this site long enough to know what the story is with Primal vs SAD and all the pro's & cons.
    The facts are that for virtually everyone there is going to be some negative effects on the SAD diet, the question remains, how much will you be affected, how low do you need to go before you decide to take a positive direction with your health?
    What everyone else is doing is there business, they are placing bets on their own health, this is irrelevant to you, even your mum's choices are irrelevant, are you waiting for her to turn the corner and go primal before you commit to a healthy path. Basing your health or happiness on what others do or think is always going to lead to disaster, you already have admitted you have health issues, you know bad diet affects our entire body & mind negatively, are you waiting for someone to tell you where to place your bet so that you can avoid owning the decision.

Older people here will remember the Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) line:
    "You've got to ask yourself one question, Do I feel Lucky?, well do ya punk."
    Classic Movie Line #31 - YouTube

If you are feeling lucky, then go ahead, eat the wheat, oils, artificial sweetners etc., enjoy them, revel in them.
    but regardless of which way it goes for you healthwise, good or bad, take ownership of the decision,
    You decide and then take responsibility for it and the consequences that may arise from that decision.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There you are, Ribbons! I had been wondering how you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Ribbons, it can be frustrating to see people doing well with SAD. But as already mentioned, when everyone gets older, that's when it all starts catching up and having devastating effects. Think long term.
    I've noticed the same thing. Lots of skinny people are stuffing their faces, while lots of fat people aren't eating at all. So some of it is genetic, but it DOES all catch up.

There's a demographic issue too. At least in America, there is HUGE population of people in their early 20's -- kids of the big Baby Boomer generation. So while it looks like more people are thin and healthy, in truth more people are simply YOUNG. Gen X (35-45) are just starting to get middle-age tubby, but there aren't as many of us so it's not noticed.

Wait 25 years. These young and pretty things are all going to be inflamed and sick. In fact, when the young folks age, they are going to be even sicker than older people because they've eaten nothing but SAD. The really bad SAD foods, like dwarf hybrid wheat, high fructose corn syup, brominated flour, and GMO corn and soy, weren't used widely until 1980-1985 or so. Older people at least finished their growth phase before that crap came along. The young generations have been eating crap almost since birth.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast