Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW? page 9

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Liver is what makes a creature live and to eat liver is to eat life itself. Ah liver, how I love thee.
    Very quotable. I may post it on my refrigerator.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Why does everybody have to remind me that I should actually eat liver? It's way too gross so I just try to ignore the truth that it's good for me

Hm, maybe I should add it to my smoothies or something.
    Gadsie -

I notice that you are in the Netherlands. Does Dutch cookery have the equivalent of German liver-dumplings for soup?? They are called "Leberkloesschen".

These are yummy! The German/Austrian ones are a mix of liver, meat, onion/leek, herbs, egg, and a white-bread binder, all ground fine, scooped out with a tiny spoon to form tiny dumplings, and simmered in a broth. I KNOW the white-bread thing is not Primal, but to get a handle on the flavor of liver, these may do. If you like them well enough and like putzing in the kitchen enough, perhaps you can develop a Primal version. This is the most comfortable way of eating liver that I know, Primal or not.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    You know, I feel great, I look great.
    I see no need to justify myself to CW people.

Enjoy your pasta, Jim. I truly hope you'd find some sort of hobby (though it probably satisfies you to troll here, which is sad).
    Put all your precious studies aside, a happy, healthy person that lives his life fully does not feel the need to show everyone they're wrong, argue over the internet about how he's right and everybody else is wrong.

You're right. We're all wrong. All of us are just miserable without bread. All the people that cured their chronic illnesses, lost weight and reversed the inflammation they had. Poor, poor primals. Greatest sham of all eternity.

Try therapy.. Or hookers. You're clearly in desperate need of help.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    You know, I feel great, I look great.
    I see no need to justify myself to CW people.

Enjoy your pasta, Jim. I truly hope you'd find some sort of hobby (though it probably satisfies you to troll here, which is sad).
    Put all your precious studies aside, a happy, healthy person that lives his life fully does not feel the need to show everyone they're wrong, argue over the internet about how he's right and everybody else is wrong.

You're right. We're all wrong. All of us are just miserable without bread. All the people that cured their chronic illnesses, lost weight and reversed the inflammation they had. Poor, poor primals. Greatest sham of all eternity.

Try therapy.. Or hookers. You're clearly in desperate need of help.
    I will certainly get help. Your psychological analysis is spot on.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I will certainly get help. Your psychological analysis is spot on.
    When you finally move out of your parents basement I'm pretty sure you'll be blessed with many insights as the rest of us had.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

ToldUzo is online now Senior Member
    Well, all I know is that when you like liver, there is no point to eating grains or even arguing about them. I am working my way through an entire pig liver this week. It's going to take me four breakfasts. Liver is what makes a creature live and to eat liver is to eat life itself. Ah liver, how I love thee.

People survive so well on the SAD because they don't know how good liver or other real food makes you feel. They live in a dream state, a half-life, a hazy half-healthy half-awake state. They feel good because the are drugged on the exorphins in grains. They look okay because some people are lucky that way. As they get older they get more forgetful, more docile, more tired, more achy. Everybody is this way. Like frogs in boiling water they think it's normal. They sit around and joke about the brain fog and the aches and pains in their old age.

Sure, an occasional meal with grains in it isn't going to kill you, but to make grains a dietary staple, the base of your whole way of eating, is not going to give you optimal life.
    +++1
    Eat liver = live life!
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    Well, all I know is that when you like liver, there is no point to eating grains or even arguing about them. I am working my way through an entire pig liver this week. It's going to take me four breakfasts. Liver is what makes a creature live and to eat liver is to eat life itself. Ah liver, how I love thee.

People survive so well on the SAD because they don't know how good liver or other real food makes you feel. They live in a dream state, a half-life, a hazy half-healthy half-awake state. They feel good because the are drugged on the exorphins in grains. They look okay because some people are lucky that way. As they get older they get more forgetful, more docile, more tired, more achy. Everybody is this way. Like frogs in boiling water they think it's normal. They sit around and joke about the brain fog and the aches and pains in their old age.

Sure, an occasional meal with grains in it isn't going to kill you, but to make grains a dietary staple, the base of your whole way of eating, is not going to give you optimal life.

This here is exactly what it is all about in my opinion. I cannot tolerate wheat at all (due to OVER consumption, not just GENERAL consumption). Part of me really believes that if I had of consumed wheat moderately throughout my life I may not be in the position I am today. I never realised just how much wheat I was consuming until I began to read labels. The more convenient you want your food to be, the more wheat you will be ingesting in products like gravy granules, condiments, sauces (even icecream contains wheat). I truly believe that the poison is in the dose. Everything becomes toxic when eaten in EXCESS including vegetables, water, meat.......

Mlobanoff is offline Junior Member
    Wow, please don't buy into the anti-immunization rant. HUGE studies show immunizations are safe. Millions of people are healthier because of them. That "poster" stating the contents is completely false and full of lies. Immunizations use your own immune system to fight infection, allowing you to avoid many antiviral and antibiotic drugs. Using your own body to fight disease-now that's primal!

Or you can talk to the parents of the dead children here in Minnesota who needlessly suffered from measils b/c they didn't get vaccinated.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlobanoff View Post
    Wow, please don't buy into the anti-immunization rant. HUGE studies show immunizations are safe. Millions of people are healthier because of them. That "poster" stating the contents is completely false and full of lies. Immunizations use your own immune system to fight infection, allowing you to avoid many antiviral and antibiotic drugs. Using your own body to fight disease-now that's primal!

Or you can talk to the parents of the dead children here in Minnesota who needlessly suffered from measils b/c they didn't get vaccinated.
    Agreed. Vaccinations are one of the amazing breakthroughs of our lives, saving MILLIONS and MILLIONS of lives.

The reality is that immunizations are safe. Is it possible that a tiny, tiny percentage have negative side effects? Absolutely, but the side effects of an entire population NOT have immunizations would be much greater.

The reality is that since almost every child in the USA gets their shots, there will ALWAYS be claims of vaccinations causing major problems. If my kid got vaccinated and then showed signs of Autism a year later, I might blame the vaccination as well. However, so far, the science does not back up the link. In fact, the only study that did show a link (the Andrew Wakefield garbage) was fully retracted due to major flaws.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TARNIP View Post
    [/B]

This here is exactly what it is all about in my opinion. I cannot tolerate wheat at all (due to OVER consumption, not just GENERAL consumption). Part of me really believes that if I had of consumed wheat moderately throughout my life I may not be in the position I am today. I never realised just how much wheat I was consuming until I began to read labels. The more convenient you want your food to be, the more wheat you will be ingesting in products like gravy granules, condiments, sauces (even icecream contains wheat). I truly believe that the poison is in the dose. Everything becomes toxic when eaten in EXCESS including vegetables, water, meat.......
    I'm in your exact spot. I can tolerate wheat just fine, except that I am prone to over indulge in wheat products. Pizza, tortillas, bread, pastries, cakes etc...all things i have trouble moderating.

For me, eliminating wheat, industrial oils, and industrial sugars has done wonders...but I think much of the wonders are due to the simple caloric reduction that happens when you eliminate those 3 things. It eliminates almost all processed foods and almost all snack foods. In general, those 3 things make up most of the garbage we eat.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast