Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW? page 6

  1. #51
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Shop Now
    Obviously there are studies, old, new & soon to come, showing that some aspect of grains are healthy. And I agree with both views, that grains are not "100% unhealthy" but conversely they aren't, obviously, "all healthy" either, like CW promotes. There are beneficial compounds & attributes to certain grains, yes. But I believe the negatives far outweigh the positives. And so do a lot of people who are a hella of lot smarter & better educated than I am, some are even doctors & scientists. Can't we just agree to disagree? Neither of you guys are gonna convince each other to join your pro- or anti- grain camp. And in the spirit of compromise & solidarity, since I haven't eaten any grains in about 2 months, I'm going to add some rice to my evening meal tonite, oh my!

  2. #52
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Hmmm that looks like a petridish study but bygones

    From the article "Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate that is present in substantial amounts in almost all plant and mammalian cells."

    I also thought inositol in phytate form found in grains was not readily bioavailable to nonruminant animals?

    Grains are a good source inositol but nuts and seeds are the best over all. Nuts and seeds are also a better nutrition choice so I will grab a handful and enjoy.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-09-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  3. #53
    Nady's Avatar
    Nady is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post

    Please find one study that suggests grains are bad for you from the list. Tell me which page you have to go to to find it. I will wait.
    I do not understand the importance of these studies! The only 'study' that matters is the one on my own body. I don't care what some researcher claims he discovered with his test subjects, my DNA isn't going to change just because some pencil pushing results interpreter says grains are healthy. The truth is, the only way to know if grains are healthy for YOU is to stop eating them long enough to clear your system and then add them back and see what happens.

    For someone that is a walking bilboard for what's wrong with the SAD, I'd expect you to know better.

  4. #54
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I do not understand the importance of these studies! The only 'study' that matters is the one on my own body. I don't care what some researcher claims he discovered with his test subjects, my DNA isn't going to change just because some pencil pushing results interpreter says grains are healthy. The truth is, the only way to know if grains are healthy for YOU is to stop eating them long enough to clear your system and then add them back and see what happens.

    For someone that is a walking bilboard for what's wrong with the SAD, I'd expect you to know better.
    +1 I know how my health and fitness have improved from making the small step going primal.

    I would like to know why he is so afraid of us getting healthy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  5. #55
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,731
    I dunno about you guys but I'm done feeding the troll.

  6. #56
    Ribbons's Avatar
    Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Hmmm that looks like a petridish study but bygones

    From the article "Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate that is present in substantial amounts in almost all plant and mammalian cells."

    I also thought inositol in phytate form found in grains was not readily bioavailable to nonruminant animals?

    Grains are a good source inositol but nuts and seeds are the best over all. Nuts and seeds are also a better nutrition choice so I will grab a handful and enjoy.
    Ok so if inositol is in nuts and seeds (which most of us eat already) then @jimhensen why should we eat grains?

  7. #57
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,893
    I can lose weight on CW as long as I stick to around 1200 calories or less but I hate counting calories because I can't do it unless I'm 100% sure of the calorie content of everything I eat. And I can't always know so it's too hard to stick to.
    Yes.... and I could too... but you know what, it is fucking damn near impossible to live like that for long. Cool, I get to obsess over every calorie and obsess over my daily *stupidly hard cardio*. I mean, if I don't get in my 5 mile run on this 100 degree day, my ass will expand. And you get told by your MD that it's "how it is".

    Since October, I've exercised when I felt like it including: walking the dog, 20 minute weight training sessions, and riding my horse. I eat about 1500 calories a day.... and magically- 30lbs gone with a corresponding decrease in size. I eat shit I used to feel avoid- bacon, steak.... and its easy. Like super dooper easy. Almost mindless.

    The media gets all orgasmy about a pill that helps people lose 3.5 pounds over a year with diet and exercise. Meanwhile, I cut back on exercise and start eating like a pig and lose weight, effortlessly.... and many people here have been way more successful.

    My only thought is that something in that CW diet shut my metabolism down and once I get some nourishment and fat in my system, my body said THANK YOU!

  8. #58
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,426
    ^^ it is great living the lifestyle.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  9. #59
    Nady's Avatar
    Nady is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    +1 I know how my health and fitness have improved from making the small step going primal.

    I would like to know why he is so afraid of us getting healthy.
    He's afraid to give up his addiction. Grains are his drug of choice and as long as the 'experts' say they are good and healthy, it's okay to stay addicted.

    Isn't that what the whole thing is about? Eat the grains, get addicted, legal drug~ Big Agra profits. Body begins to malfunction, feed more grains to maintain status quo, develop a prescription only 'cure', Big Pharma profits.

    And Jimmy boy thinks there are no studies showing grains are bad~ hell, he's a walking, talking example of the success of the 'master plan' study. Thirty years from now, when he's spending $500 a month on the meds for his 'conditions', he probably still won't get it,

  10. #60
    Forgotmylastusername's Avatar
    Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    He's afraid to give up his addiction. Grains are his drug of choice and as long as the 'experts' say they are good and healthy, it's okay to stay addicted.

    Isn't that what the whole thing is about? Eat the grains, get addicted, legal drug~ Big Agra profits. Body begins to malfunction, feed more grains to maintain status quo, develop a prescription only 'cure', Big Pharma profits.

    And Jimmy boy thinks there are no studies showing grains are bad~ hell, he's a walking, talking example of the success of the 'master plan' study. Thirty years from now, when he's spending $500 a month on the meds for his 'conditions', he probably still won't get it,
    How patronizing. Anyone who eats bread is just some poor addict who hasn't seen the light like yourself. It's that horrible attitude jimmy moore sometimes displays in interviews acting like people who eat carbs are just poor 'addicted' unenlightened souls. Some vegans have the same attitude towards 'addicted' meat eaters who are clearly unable to think rationally because of the mind altering hormones in meat.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •