Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW? page 5

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    jimhensen, please tell us why we should eat grains. Can you even come up with one reason?
    Because the science supports them being good for you. Come up with one reason? Why not hundreds:

grains heart - Google Scholar

Please find one study that suggests grains are bad for you from the list. Tell me which page you have to go to to find it. I will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Good luck I have been asking for months.

You might like the series of articles referenced here. It does confirm that long term damage on the body.

Hey Robb, this person said gluten free diets are bogus!
    It confirms NOTHING. The studies are done in a petri dish, on pigs, or on celiac patients. The whole post is outlandish.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Dirlot is just jealous that I actually come with logic to arguments and all he can come with is his religious like disdain for grains.
    Well, I welcome Jim to stay as long as he likes & gets some benefit for the dialogue. Coz without people like jimhensen, dissenters, we'd just be a bunch of people slapping each others' backs, congratulating ourselves on how well & good it is that we've discovered & live primally. Thanks Jim. At the very least, I get some mild entertainment value in the banter.

And by the way, grains do instill a mild to moderate religious-like zeal in me: how can something so conventionally lauded, & yes so versatile & tasty going into the mouth & down the gullet, cause so many issues for so many & oddly cause little to no "apparent" injury to others. Grains don't "appear" to harm me thus far @ age 46, but I believe the science enough to avoid them, & yes, to rail anti-grainy messages & real info to those around me I care about.

I will say, that @ my high school reunion in Atlanta, Georgia, when we were aged 30+-, I was shocked that most everyone seriously looked like crap, even the majority of the former popular girls, beauty queens & star athletes. Oh how the mighty had fallen. I'm sorry for sounding like a conceited asshole, but such fat, pale,pasty & sick looking people @ an age where youth & vigor ought to be the rule not the exception, disgusted & saddened me. I was bug eyed, mouth open shocked. At that time, I was in the best shape of my life & my ego was active. I had a life altering near-fatal high speed motorcycle accident overseas a couple of years later that took me out of action for a couple of years with surgeries & rehab. So that was humbling & took me back to a place of not judging others as much in their struggles, as I went through my own too. Now I just feel compassion mostly for others & want to be of service.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    So science that shows not eating grains is better than eating them is outlandish but you posting studies that show whole grains are less poisonous than refined grains is ok? Oh I forget you are the expert, not Dr Davis, nod Dr Cordain or any other expert that wants to avoid toxins.

Where is your study showing eating grains is better than not eating them? Its ok jim...we know one does not exist.

PS the humam study was not on celiacs...you really should read the posts before responding...it does weaken your already weak arguments.

PPS

Why are you so scared of us eating and getting healthy?
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-09-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    So science that shows not eating grains is better than eating them is outlandish but you posting studies that show whole grains are less poisonous than refined grains is ok? Oh I forget you are the expert, not Dr Davis, nod Dr Cordain or any other expert that wants to avoid toxins.

Where is your study showing eating grains is better than not eating them? Its ok jim...we know one does not exist.
    Why don't you wade through the hundreds of studies in the link I posted claiming grains to be heart healthy? Or are they all a conspiracy? As I said, if eating no grains was superior to eating whole grains the study would show the people that ate the least amount of grains were healthiest, which these studies do NOT show. They show the people that eat the most whole grains seem to be the healthiest.

And where is your study that says eating no feces is better than eating lots of feces? By your logic eating tons of feces must be extremely healthy.

I have read some of those posts and it is clear how bad grains are, and the whole grains are better. I have also provided posts showing that eliminating grains is better. Heck a lot of your post you refer to tout the benefit of low GI foods and rather than reaching for vegetables they go to whole grains...seems a bit odd to me.

I don't think my posts are confusing but maybe they are.

Where is your study showing eating grains is better than not eating them?
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

@ Jim
    Why are you so scared of us finding our health by eating and living this way?
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Because the science supports them being good for you. Come up with one reason? Why not hundreds:

grains heart - Google Scholar

Please find one study that suggests grains are bad for you from the list. Tell me which page you have to go to to find it. I will wait.
    TBH I don't think those studies mean much because grains are a staple in our society (both refined and whole) so when people participate in one of those experiments they would generally have to cut out the refined grains (including packaged sugary food) and they'd definitely be more aware of what they're eating, which would lead to them making food better choices (and maybe even exercising more). Therefore there are too many extraneous and confounding variables to be able to make the conclusion that it's better for your health to eat grains than not to. But I'm still open to reading any studies you've found that are a little more controlled.

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Btw I don't understand anything in this link so I'm not commenting on it. Just clarifying that my previous post wasn't referring to this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast