Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW? page 3

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Primal is a sham. Science doesn't support it and that is why everyone does fine while eating grains and some processed food...because they aren't as bad for you as people on here like to think. (But don't tell them that because they will defend their diet like a religious zealot.)
    Why are you so scared of eating healthy?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Primal is a sham. Science doesn't support it and that is why everyone does fine while eating grains and some processed food...because they aren't as bad for you as people on here like to think. (But don't tell them that because they will defend their diet like a religious zealot.)
    Hi Jim

I looked a little at your past posts because I don't know you. You seem to be pretty consistent with the anti-Primal message. Why do hang here, then? Honestly, I am curious.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Jim is a weird guy
    But
    He never receives answers for normal questions.
    For example:
    Jim: Why are grains bad?
    Someone else: Dude, why don't you leave this forum?
    That would make me doubt primal as well (not that I do)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Jim is a weird guy
    But
    For example:
    I doubt that he won't get an answer to this question, as most people who ask for this will get an answer.
    And if he uses mighty searchhfoo he will find posts about grains about glutein and so on.
    But maybe people stop feeding trolls after a while and simply choose to ignore the hoot

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    There is fat/normal/skinny.... then there is healthy. Normal or skinny size does not mean healthy, it just means your body doesn't put fat on with the CW or SAD diet... for now.

I ate CW for years, and what struck me was how much I exercised and could not get my weight down. I ran a marathon. I did "Insanity", P90X, ran some more. Exercised so much. I avoided fat, ate whole grains, and beyond epic sugar binges at times, ate healthy.... yet still carried around fat.

I think that people thrive on different diets. What sucks is that for now, the only really "accepted" way is "eat less, move more" and if you say to your MD "hey, I am training for a marathon and eat 1400 calories a day" they are dumbfounded and can't help or assume your are lying instead of saying "well, hey , maybe try more fat and protein, cut some wheat". When their "way" doesn't work, they can't help you. And their way works for a lot of people.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Some of us just didn't get the winning lottery ticket or even just one number. If you are the one fat kid in school, it makes no sense to worry why they can why the SAD and you can't, or to wonder how you can have more willpower. It's not going to happen for you so just do what you have to do. Or wait until you're 47 and then do it after a lifetime of struggling. Your choice.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Ribbons -

I agree with a number of posters on this thread: with age, it will show. I am now 45. All my life long, it was eat what-the-hell I wanted, when-the-hell I wanted, anytime-of-the-day I wanted, in-any-amount-at-all I wanted... you get the idea. And I thought I was invincible since I wasn't a fat slob or diabetic.

BUT - that isn't the whole story. I believe, if you scratch a little deeper with almost everybody (even the young 'uns), you will find health issues, and so it was with me in my young-and-innocent days. I had horrible monthly cramps, cavities in almost all my teeth, zits in the most amazing places (constantly), painfully sensitive skin, and constant viral / bacterial sore throats.

I even had 3 kids and it still went decently, but by then I had discovered whole foods and gotten a lot of obvious crap out of my diet, and had a tonsillectomy. Then I had my fourth... and everything, just everything, hit the crapper.

I have recently returned from a high school reunion - and everybody, save one immortal (he hasn't changed one lick - just a few gray hairs), looks like shit. I literally mean that. They are still the sweetest people and even more interesting to talk to since they now have a few wisdom years under their belt - but they look like shit. And we all are 44-46. How the hell is this supposed to go in the next 10 years? 20 years?

I think of it a lot like sunburn. You won't see the damage with the first burn, or even the second or third decent sunburn... but eventually it WILL show up, and it will be undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Jim is a weird guy
    But
    For example:
    Jim has been spreading misinformation in these forums for a while. On the hole people have been pretty patient provided studies for him which he poo-poos.

I believe in that same thread he called everyone here retards which led to others pointed out he does not have to stay.

Also note jim is morbidly obese, has an eating disorder, and has never tried to fully do primal - kinda hard to take him seriously with all that.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    There is fat/normal/skinny.... then there is healthy. Normal or skinny size does not mean healthy, it just means your body doesn't put fat on with the CW or SAD diet... for now.

I ate CW for years, and what struck me was how much I exercised and could not get my weight down. I ran a marathon. I did "Insanity", P90X, ran some more. Exercised so much. I avoided fat, ate whole grains, and beyond epic sugar binges at times, ate healthy.... yet still carried around fat.

I think that people thrive on different diets. What sucks is that for now, the only really "accepted" way is "eat less, move more" and if you say to your MD "hey, I am training for a marathon and eat 1400 calories a day" they are dumbfounded and can't help or assume your are lying instead of saying "well, hey , maybe try more fat and protein, cut some wheat". When their "way" doesn't work, they can't help you. And their way works for a lot of people.
    I can lose weight on CW as long as I stick to around 1200 calories or less but I hate counting calories because I can't do it unless I'm 100% sure of the calorie content of everything I eat. And I can't always know so it's too hard to stick to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Some of us just didn't get the winning lottery ticket or even just one number. If you are the one fat kid in school, it makes no sense to worry why they can why the SAD and you can't, or to wonder how you can have more willpower. It's not going to happen for you so just do what you have to do. Or wait until you're 47 and then do it after a lifetime of struggling. Your choice.
    My mum's been telling me my whole life that I'll always have to watch my weight. I accepted it when I was like 10 yrs old. I'm just questioning why some people can get away with eating whatever they want and others can't, but I'm thinking it's mainly just due to genetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Ribbons -

I agree with a number of posters on this thread: with age, it will show. I am now 45. All my life long, it was eat what-the-hell I wanted, when-the-hell I wanted, anytime-of-the-day I wanted, in-any-amount-at-all I wanted... you get the idea. And I thought I was invincible since I wasn't a fat slob or diabetic.

BUT - that isn't the whole story. I believe, if you scratch a little deeper with almost everybody (even the young 'uns), you will find health issues, and so it was with me in my young-and-innocent days. I had horrible monthly cramps, cavities in almost all my teeth, zits in the most amazing places (constantly), painfully sensitive skin, and constant viral / bacterial sore throats.

I even had 3 kids and it still went decently, but by then I had discovered whole foods and gotten a lot of obvious crap out of my diet, and had a tonsillectomy. Then I had my fourth... and everything, just everything, hit the crapper.

I have recently returned from a high school reunion - and everybody, save one immortal (he hasn't changed one lick - just a few gray hairs), looks like shit. I literally mean that. They are still the sweetest people and even more interesting to talk to since they now have a few wisdom years under their belt - but they look like shit. And we all are 44-46. How the hell is this supposed to go in the next 10 years? 20 years?

I think of it a lot like sunburn. You won't see the damage with the first burn, or even the second or third decent sunburn... but eventually it WILL show up, and it will be undeniable.
    Hmm I like that analogy. It's sad that most people don't know the damage they're doing to themselves until it's too late, and then they're given useless advice that doesn't help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post

Good point, or drinking.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast