Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW? page 10

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    but I think much of the wonders are due to the simple caloric reduction that happens when you eliminate those 3 things. .
    I can't agree. I eat the same number of caloires primal and not and I definitely gain more weight on the carb-heavy diet than on the bulletproof hot cocoa diet.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I can't agree. I eat the same number of caloires primal and not and I definitely gain more weight on the carb-heavy diet than on the bulletproof hot cocoa diet.
    Calories in vs calories out is a big part of it but there does seem to be something going on and there have been controlled studies where overweight people were put on controlled diets. One group was allowed to eat their carbs throughout the day, the other ate their carbs at night.
    The night group had fewer cravings and other issues through the day and lost more weight as well.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    I'm in your exact spot. I can tolerate wheat just fine, except that I am prone to over indulge in wheat products. Pizza, tortillas, bread, pastries, cakes etc...all things i have trouble moderating.

For me, eliminating wheat, industrial oils, and industrial sugars has done wonders...but I think much of the wonders are due to the simple caloric reduction that happens when you eliminate those 3 things. It eliminates almost all processed foods and almost all snack foods. In general, those 3 things make up most of the garbage we eat.

Totally agree with you here. When I used to eat what I would call 'crap' wheat products such as biscuits, cakes, muffins etc I would never get full and would crave even more of these foods, but if I had a bowl of organic whole rolled oats for breakfast (with protein added) I find I was full and content for hours with no cravings what so ever. Part of me still thinks that the quality and quantity of the wheat based products makes a heck of difference too. But we are definately all very different and one person's medicine can be another person's poison...........

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Indeed. Gonna make some lacto-fermented buckwheat pancakes for breakfast, as my mom has been complaining about "What? Eggs again!! @#$x&!" w/ homemade yogurt, soaked almonds & blueberries. I love buckwheat, & technically its not a grain, its a fruit/seed.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Didn't read through the whole thread, but to Ribbons, my advice is don't look at the way people look to judge their health.

My dad was skinny his whole life eating whatever he wanted, when he turned 60, boom, he became fat, arthritic, diabetic, low thyroid, high blood pressure...etc.

My mom had a heart attack at 63, and she didn't even know she was diabetic until she got her heart attack. She was a CW health freak.

My friend's dad died while running a marathon.

My friend died running his 10th marathon, he was 32.

They all paid attention to their food, eating mostly "healthy" whole grains, fruit, skinless chicken breasts and avoiding anything that contained anything resembling animal fat.

Eat for correct reasons. Eat food that does minimal harm to your body.
    Last edited by chickenbackside; 07-14-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    How is everyone surviving so well on SAD and CW?
    They're not.
    Just choose your (Western) disease and do the research, they're all on the rise and take turns at being the latest epidemic.
    Obesity, Diabetes, Autism, Alzheimers, Autoimmune disease (Coeliac, MS etc.), Heart disease, Cancer etc., etc.

If they were surviving so well on this diet, then the headlines would be about disease rates falling not rising.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910