Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crap people say... page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Crap people say...

Primal Fuel
    That make you laugh now that you are fully primal.

I'll start with this quote from my cousin:

"I read a study that compared low-fat, high-carb diets with high-fat, low-carb and high-fat, high-carb diets. The study concluded that low-fat, high-carb diets lacked optimal nutrition and increased inflammation. But the high-fat, low carb diets were even worse! They increased cholesterol to dangerous levels and participants had a greater risk of cancer and dying of heart disease or stroke. In the end, the study's authors recomended only a high-fat AND high-carb diet as optimal."

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I just read this this evening in a thread about baking bread which made me cringe more than laugh.

I use 100% whole wheat flour but include a quarter cup of gluten. It fluffs my bread right up!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I just read this this evening in a thread about baking bread which made me cringe more than laugh.
    Yikes!

I feel sorry for that poor body.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    "In the end, the study's authors recomended only a high-fat AND high-carb diet as optimal."
    Bring on the frosting, lol! Frosting is now health food for sure.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    This makes me laugh everytime: "But the government agency _______ says you should ________". Fill in the blank with your agency or advice as you choose.

It is always funny...and sad.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Bring on the frosting, lol! Frosting is now health food for sure.
    Oh lord, yes it is!

Justification is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    This makes me laugh everytime: "But the government agency _______ says you should ________". Fill in the blank with your agency or advice as you choose.

It is always funny...and sad.
    Well I mean, after all, would the government lie to us?

After briefly explaining that I lost 10 lbs in a month by changing my diet by excluding grains and sugar, and including lots of meat, vegetables, and natural fat, my friend laughingly lamented that there was nothing at all healthy about the chocolate caramel cake she brought. "No wait, the caramel's low fat! So it's a little healthy!"

.... yay!

{as a side not, the cake happened to be a "Better Than Sex" cake, and since DH is deployed I figured I might at least get SOMETHING, and it was super delicious. And then I gained a pound. }
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by PearlTigress View Post
    After briefly explaining that I lost 10 lbs in a month by changing my diet by excluding grains and sugar, and including lots of meat, vegetables, and natural fat, my friend laughingly lamented that there was nothing at all healthy about the chocolate caramel cake she brought. "No wait, the caramel's low fat! So it's a little healthy!"

.... yay!

{as a side not, the cake happened to be a "Better Than Sex" cake, and since DH is deployed I figured I might at least get SOMETHING, and it was super delicious. And then I gained a pound. }
    LMAO @ not getting it.

Add this one to the books:

"Let's see... You have ground beef, eggs, cocobut oil, sauerkraut... Ok, so, healthy fats, protein... Wait, where's your veggetable?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast