Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crap people say... page 2

linuxguy0481 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    The one that makes me cringe is when people mockingly laugh after they say to you "you're on the caveman diet".

The first person to tell me that is my mother-in-law husband. Who is a obese guy. When I first met him he told me when he was younger he looked like Gilligan now he looks like the Skipper.

The other person that said the same thing is my sister-in-law. She even added "good luck" when I first talked to her about it. Funny coming from a person that carries around a weight watchers book that tells you how many points you should have and how many points you food is. Last time we went out with my wife's family. Out came the book from her purse.

Paleobird Guest
    Conversation with my sister telling her how great our Dad is doing on the Primal plan and how his blood pressure has dropped and he has been taken off of three medications. She thought that was wonderful. So I saw an opportunity......

She and her husband are both *very* overweight and having multiple body part replacements. When I suggested that they might want to consider doing this plan too, she said, "Well, we are really getting healthy with our eating already. I've switched to nonfat milk on my Kashi in the morning and DH is down to one six pack a day instead of two." She wasn't talking about abdominals.

OK, that's nice.

katiepotato is offline Member
    Not strictly a comment about eating Primal but in the most recent issue of a local health and fitness magazine, candyfloss (cotton candy) was recommended as a "healthy" cinema snack due to its comparatively low calorie content against nachos, hot dogs or peanuts. So, let's just forget the nutritional value or additive content of what we're putting into our bodies and rate it solely on calories, shall we?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Conversation with my sister telling her how great our Dad is doing on the Primal plan and how his blood pressure has dropped and he has been taken off of three medications. She thought that was wonderful. So I saw an opportunity......

She and her husband are both *very* overweight and having multiple body part replacements. When I suggested that they might want to consider doing this plan too, she said, "Well, we are really getting healthy with our eating already. I've switched to nonfat milk on my Kashi in the morning and DH is down to one six pack a day instead of two." She wasn't talking about abdominals.

OK, that's nice.
    Some people just don't want to help themselves... *sigh*

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    My niece whose response to my low carb weight loss was " Oh, I couldn't give up carbs !" then later in the convo.. "What are carbs ?" This from a college student.. the English education system is going to the dawgs

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    My niece whose response to my low carb weight loss was " Oh, I couldn't give up carbs !" then later in the convo.. "What are carbs ?" This from a college student.. the English education system is going to the dawgs
    I think modern education in general is failing us. But that's another thread for another time...

Quote Originally Posted by katiepotato View Post
    Not strictly a comment about eating Primal but in the most recent issue of a local health and fitness magazine, candyfloss (cotton candy) was recommended as a "healthy" cinema snack due to its comparatively low calorie content against nachos, hot dogs or peanuts. So, let's just forget the nutritional value or additive content of what we're putting into our bodies and rate it solely on calories, shall we?
    So many people focus on "low calorie" instead of nutritious or even non-poisonous! My MIL is on an ongoing weight loss journey (good for her! down like 60 or something so far) but she really likes her diet cokes... I wouldn't be surprised if that's limiting her losses. She also said on facebook that they're starting something similar to primal, but I know the other night they had fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Ah well. Good luck..
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

EncinoMan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I've switched to nonfat milk on my Kashi in the morning and DH is down to one six pack a day instead of two." She wasn't talking about abdominals.

OK, that's nice.
    Actually that's a pretty good step in the right direction for her husband. Obviously still a long way to go, but the allure of beer is powerful.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    One friend of mine discovered the MyFitnessPal Mobile App. It scans barcodes and enters them into a daily log. He scans his daily breakfast of, for example, a pack of zingers and a Monster. He knows I'm losing weight and keeps telling me I should get this app. I just tell him that my food doesn't come with barcodes.

Tercio

Stuffed Cabbage. I am eating it. Seasoned ground beef (lots of fat) with diced onion, carrot, celery, wrapped in a big old honkin cabbage leaf and covered in drippin chunks of fresh stewed maters. Side dish of cold cukes and onions in vinegar. Coworker wants to know why I never eat any fiber. Headdesk.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast