Thread: Hello Everyone page

ferdelance is offline Junior Member

Hello Everyone

Primal Fuel
    Just introducing myself to the group. I'm in my early 60's, am quite overweight, and have serious medical problems which could no doubt be helped by losing weight and lowering my BMI. One of my physicians recently urged me to get a consult for bariatric surgery in the near term which was kind of a wake-up call. Can things really be that bad? I guess in my case maybe so but I do not want any kind of surgery. Various diets don't seem to work including the ones suggested by my physicians which are all high carb, low fat, and skimpy on the protein. Grains are emphasized. Based on Mark's book, it would appear that I'm eating the foods that are worst for me. I must say this primal lifestyle makes sense and I'm going to give it an earnest try. I'm hopeful that I'm not too old for the lifestyle to have a positive effect.

My biggest question is what to do about lunch as all the lunch places close to my office do not have primal friendly foods. I was thinking of making lunch a salad brought from home with a primal shake from the website store. Has anyone tried this regimen and found it to be nutritionally complete and satisfying?

Thanks,
    ferdelance

barnes is offline Junior Member
    Terrence J. Brown 2481 Grand Avenue Orlando, FL 32809
    This is my first post and i am dedicating this to the Introduction Forum as per the forum rules. Before introducing myself, I would just like to thank the Administrator of this forum for giving me opportunity to join this community.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    ditch the eating out. prepare your meals from home.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome ferdelance. I am 69 and primal has worked very well for me.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.