Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok to eat the same food daily, or lots of one food? page

HelloMeteor is offline Member

Ok to eat the same food daily, or lots of one food?

Primal Fuel
    Is it ok to eat the same thing every day. Take broccoli. There simply aren't many green veggies that I know how to cook or can cook well.

Is there anything wrong with eating like two whole stalks of broccoli every day?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    It is a good start but I would look at roasting veg, etc get some variety for your sanity.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    You're going to get a better range of nutrients if you eat a wider variety of vegetables.

If I see something unusual in the produce section, sometimes I'll get it just because I'm curious, then go home and Google recipes.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

HelloMeteor is offline Member
    I'm concerned about od'ing on anti-nutrients, or something like that. I probably have little to worry about, especially compared to eating junk food.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMeteor View Post
    I'm concerned about od'ing on anti-nutrients, or something like that. I probably have little to worry about, especially compared to eating junk food.
    Unless you have a specific issue (like I can't handle sodium nitrite - if I ate a crapload of celery I'd probably be hating life) then the real issue isn't usually getting too much of a nutrient, it's missing out on a whole bunch of them. There are a lot of nutrients that are readily available in food that don't translate too well into supplements, so you can't just toss back a multivitamin and assume you're good.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Mark eats the same foods pretty much every day. Don't sweat it

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I'm trending the same way myself. I don't have the energy to cook something new every other day.
    But find at least two other veggies, preferably of different colors: carrots and red cabbage, for example.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

marvinsmith078 is offline Junior Member
    you are catch more and more vitamins from taking green vegetable. The vegetables have all types of vitamins, nutrients,calories. If you want to being good health these are vegetables are useful.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Goitrogens like broccoli and other cruciferous veggies are thought to be harmless when cooked thoroughly and eaten infrequently.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean is it bad to eat one specific thing daily? Depends on what you eat daily, i guess. If you make it a habit to eat 5 handfuls of raw nuts a day, stop that, but if you're eating nutritious things day in and out, I don't see a problem. I eat pretty much the same things day in and out, including a lot of greens, a lot of starchy vegetables, and a lot of eggs or some other source of protein. I work out, I take some supplements, I'm in good health.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast