Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok to eat the same food daily, or lots of one food? page 2

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think it's perfectly fine to eat same veggies very day. Of course, a wider range will provide more variety and micronutrients and make your diet more interesting.
    I am more careful with eating same protein sources too often. Actually recently someone on here mentioned an allergy which was brought on by an egg "overdose", it was my case a while back. Sometimes (especially when it comes to eggs) you have a minor intolerance you have never noticed before, eating them too often can trigger a more serious intolerance.
    My PT says I shouldn't eat same protein ore often than every 5 days but I find it a bit excessive Although I do try to vary my protein (meat, fish, no eggs, as I am trying to "heal" before reintroducing them) - I try to make sure to eat about 10-15 different sources of protein (meaning different animals/seafood) or more a week.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I eat a different protein every day, and usually different veggies also at least at dinner time - I still try to rotate variety through for the family, but there are certain things that I have daily especially at lunch and/or afternoon or even w/my dinner that maybe the others aren't having. Sometimes it's just easier plus I know it's stuff that I need so I don't have to think about it as much.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Go for it.

I'd personally find it insanely boring, but there are plenty of folks out there who do the same thing day after day.

However, I also agree with the comments about nutrient variety. If you only eat one or two veggies, there are probably a bunch of vitamins/minerals/etc. that you are lacking unless you supplement.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    you don't have to have variety, just make sure you are eating plenty of meat. for example I recently read "The Fat of the Land" by Vilhjalmur Stefansson. Note that the Eskimo's lived exclusively on meat. He says most of the summer fish was exclusively eaten, in colder months exclusively caribou was eat, and in may and april they lived exclusively on eggs. Nutritional antropology and studies of their bone structures tell us they were one of the healthiest groups of people to walk the planet, free of disease and carries.

trippplez is offline Member
    I believe it is pretty much the most 'natural' way of eating. Why I think that way: we humans evolved eating what we had available which in most cases was a lot of one thing and not that much of all others common things to eat at any given moment. Think seasonality ....

Me personally, I eat pretty simply BUT with these 'weird' habits of eating from a lot of something on a given day, and after a day or two - rinse and repeat of the same. For example - today I ate a lots of grilled trout (over a pound) and lots of bananas. Two days ago I ate 10 lbs of watermelon and 2 lbs of grilled pork. The day before - 15 eggs with homemade pesto.

Cheers

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trippplez View Post
    For example - today I ate a lots of grilled trout (over a pound) and lots of bananas. Two days ago I ate 10 lbs of watermelon and 2 lbs of grilled pork. The day before - 15 eggs with homemade pesto.
    Sounds a lot like me, haha!

A couple of weeks ago I was on a chicken and coconut fix. For two days, I ate an entire chicken each day and went through a can of coconut milk each day, too, and didn't eat anything else other than that. I go through phases like this probably weekly.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

gregor0585 is offline Junior Member
    Regarding vegetables the more color in your meal the better. Grilling, sauteing or baking a variety of vegetables together tastes good even with little seasoning and is really easy to do.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    my meal daily are almost the same every day!! eggs in the am with bell pepper, spinach, avo (or bacon), onion....Lunch is my own homemade cobb salad!! which i will eat everyday because i absolutely love it!! and dinner is also a salad but with maybe some different veggies like peppers, onion, jalapeno, tomatoe...but my list everytime i goto the store is the same and sometime i will grab maybe 1 or 2 other veggies to add some variety...

Grocery list is:
    bell pepper
    avocado
    onions
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    spinach
    sweet potatoe(sometimes)
    tomatoes
    black olives
    eggs
    chicken
    bacon
    extra virgin olive oil
    some fruits in moderation like (rasberries,blueberries,strawberries,blackberries, kiwi, banana)
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marblelily View Post
    On another note, Eskimo is sort of an offensive term. Maybe stick to Inuit?
    Is there no end to this politically correct nonsense?

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member

PC shmeesee.

Quote Originally Posted by marblelily View Post
    On another note, Eskimo is sort of an offensive term. Maybe stick to Inuit?
    while the term "Eskimo" has come to be seen as somewhat pejorative in Canada and Greenland, it is still used commonly in the United States, and it is technically more correct than "Inuit," since that term is not proper or accepted in referring to the Yupik and Inupiat peoples.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast