Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie intro question page

Croatia is offline Junior Member

Newbie intro question

Shop Now
    Hello all,

Some quick questions for a new guy seeing the light

1) how do i know if i am eating enough?

2) i ask question number one because i feel really bad at times, ie weak and shaky. Am i weak and shaky because i have not eaten enough, or is this my body adjusting?

Anyway feeling weak etc is the worst of it, i need some advice to keep me on the path.

I also at times will feel carbed out when trying to work out....what i mean by this is that my body just has no energy.

Ive tried this eating plan in the past and usually didnt get past one week because of these issues.

I really want to eat this way, but cant stick to it if i feel bad.

I have just started up again and am on day 3. I need some inspiration to keep going.

Thanks every one.

Croatia

hello croatia, you are a beautiful country

Omni is offline Senior Member
    There is weekly threads on starting out like yours,
    try using the search function and look through some of the other posts.

Regarding your question I have a question, have you always been weak & shaky, lack of energy?
    Are you overweight or have any other medical or health issues?

Going Primal is not a diet it is a way of life and your body does need time to adjust, so a transitioning process is better fpr most people than just doing it cold turkey, start by cutting out all bread, then after a weak or so, cut out pasta, then other grains, then dairy etc. just depending on how far you want to go.

Most people have a 2-4 week transitional period where they don't quite feel satisfied after meals, mostly your insulin levels adjusting in my opinion, if you feel hungry, then eat, do not be too tight on calorie restriction at the early stage, but mix it up, plenty of meat, fat, vegies, salads, and throw in fruit & nuts when cravings hit. Over time your body starts to adapt and your cravings fall away and energy levels increase, your body needs time to adapt to fat as it's primary energy supply as you are most likely carb dependant at this stage.

to be honest, i don't know how i feel about you appropriating the name of an entire nation for your forum handle.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    You haven't made it past a week? Really? You could potentially do years of damage to your body by eating SAD, and you expect that to be cleared up in less than a week? It takes time. Relatively short time, but time.

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    If you are hungry you are not eating enough. I eat a ton, lots of protein, and veggies. If I want more i eat more. If you need more energy for working out add a few handfuls of almonds to your pre workout grub. Stick with it and eat as much as you can of the RIGHT foods and you will see the change you want.

Omni, [QUOTE=Omni;893792]There is weekly threads on starting out like yours,
    try using the search function and look through some of the other posts.

Regarding your question I have a question, have you always been weak & shaky, lack of energy?
    Are you overweight or have any other medical or health issues?

I havent always been weak and shaky, normal most of the time. My brother and i have been prone to hypoglycemic symtoms at times when not eating frequently enough. I think when i try and eat this way i simply am not eating enough calories. And no health issues, perfectly healthy. Also whenever i have tried eating this way i have always done it cold turkey, so maybe that is an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SCruz Carter View Post
    If you are hungry you are not eating enough. I eat a ton, lots of protein, and veggies. If I want more i eat more. If you need more energy for working out add a few handfuls of almonds to your pre workout grub. Stick with it and eat as much as you can of the RIGHT foods and you will see the change you want.
    SCruz, this is good advice.

I know at times the fridge isnt stocked so i run into what do i eat. I also struggle at times with eating all of the fat, as i am so used to the brainwashing that it is bad for you.

I will keep more food around and eat more. This afternoon when i started to feel a bit weak, i ate and it went away. Just had a great dinner and i feel very good.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatia View Post
    I know at times the fridge isnt stocked so i run into what do i eat.
    It definitely helps to have the basics on hand at all times -- hardboiled eggs, fresh veggies and fruits, roast beast leftovers, some nuts like hazelnuts or macadamias, tuna, bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    It definitely helps to have the basics on hand at all times -- hardboiled eggs, fresh veggies and fruits, roast beast leftovers, some nuts like hazelnuts or macadamias, tuna, bacon.

I agree, i have some futher issues that a doctor almost ended my life by giving me cipro. This was last year, just recently to found out im allergic to certain nuts and eggs, yogurt, etc. So it makes eating a little harder. I hoping this condidtion will correct itself once i am able to eliminate the candida caused by the cipro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast