Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just popped my VFF cherry! page

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Just had to share my joy and mention that I just picked up a pair of VFFs (KSOs). Can't wait to start sprinting with them!

They are almost impossible to find in Ontario and any place that carries them runs out really quick. The salesperson said they just sold 8 pairs on Saturday. Lucky I got them while I did.

Hooray for VFFs and the stores that carry them!

I grok, therefore I am.

Lillian is offline Member

Ooo congrats! I just ordered mine and can't wait for them to come in..

I've been wearing them around the house and they are awesome! The wife says she won't go around town with me wearing them though lol

I grok, therefore I am.

I was lucky enough to have a store in this small northern ontario town that carries them. Otherwise I would have had to wait. Nothing like immediate gratification!

I grok, therefore I am.

Lolly is offline Member

Congrats! i've had my Sprints for a year and i still enjoy the looks of horror on people's faces. i did my first hard road run in them this weekend. Post run my calves are on fire in that really good way and the run was so different in them. i was so much more present in the run. i wore them to lift in the gym this morning & got chatted up over them. prepare to be noticed & commented upon! i find the injinji socks helpful while running, reducing blistering.

I've been wearing nike free's for about four years and they were great. I was ready to take the next step! I taught myself chi running with the free's so the transition should be fairly painless...I hope! Although I don't plan on doing any long distance in them. Mostly just flat sprints, uphill, and maybe some beach sprints this year.

I'm sure people will look at me all cock-eyed while wearing them. Heck, I would be walking back bare-footed from the park with the kids last summer and people were gawking like I was walking back nekkid.

Not too sure if I have enough room for the socks, it's a pretty tight fit already. I'll look into them though.

I grok, therefore I am.

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

cool. I have been wearing mine for a month or more and felt that last week was a good time to do a few sprints. It felt good, my calf muscles were sore for a couple days after. It's really cool to feel how your feet muscles get sore too. I can spread my toes now, they feel so strong, like I could pinch the crap out of someone with my toe strength! lol.

I was thinking of wearing them to the park for my early morning sprints and maybe brining my sledgehammer along for the walk. I'm sure I won't draw any attention to myself.

I look forward to the pincer grip with my 'little piggies'!

I grok, therefore I am.

Lolly is offline Member

@underwaterer: my toes are so much more buff now! i realized all the muscles in my feet had atrophied from RA/always wearing cushioned shoes (rheumatologists well intentioned but bad CW advice) when i took yoga class & would watch the others spread their toes on demand and mine would lay there like little lifeless link sausages no matter how hard i tried to get them to move. now i can move my toes and i do see actual muscular definition in them.

cavewitch is offline Junior Member

yeeha! i've finally worked up the "whaddaya lookin' at face?" enough to wear them to work. those shoes are life-changing!

truly, though, i've been met with mostly curiosity and some "whoa those are cool!" comments.

and walking around with a sledgehammer is the new black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast