Thread: What's Your Favorite Meatloaf Recipe? page

Bekki is offline Junior Member

What's Your Favorite Meatloaf Recipe?

Primal Fuel
    I make a really awesome meatloaf that my husband loves. But I don't make it anymore, because it's got lots of oatmeal in it.

I know that there MUST be Primal/Paleo meatloaf recipes out there. Is there anything else I can use to hold it together besides oatmeal, or the more traditional bread crumbs?

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I have never used any time of 'bread' or grains in my meatloafOur favorite is the stuffed and smothered.
    2lbs of fresh ground meat (bison and beef is great)
    1 C of finely diced onions, garlic and celery
    spices (cumin, dry onions, garlic powder, quality salt and pepper)

mix well and with 2/3 of ground make a loaf with a long trough or well.
    Stuff with chopped broccoli and cheese, or mushrooms and onions,garlic and melted butter, or cauliflower and bacon etc. and then apply the rest of meat as the top and pinch closed. Smother with a panful of sauce: pureed tomatoes, butter, spices, honey and fruit if desired

I use a lot of cumin and garlic powder and I think these powders thicken the meat and help it hold together.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I've never used bread or oatmeal in my meatloaf. Beat an egg and add to the meat along with onion, garlic and spices. Even without the egg the meatloaf will hang together.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Just type in MEATLOAF into the Google Custom Search bar on the right side of the green sub-bar up top, & take yer pick of loads of recipes.

Ok, personally I use 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef mixed w/ : 1 egg, 1 cup coco flakes (not powder, as it doesn't bind well), finely chopped veggies like onion, garlic, celery, tomato,(sea salt optional), whatever spices you like/have, top it all off w/ think layer of tomato sauce w/ more spices. Cover & slow cook til you smell it, then take it out of oven & let cool/settle a bit on stove-top while you prepare the other parts of the meal. Actually this is the only beef dish I cook til well done, but its comfort food so what the hell
    Last edited by Betorq; 07-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    I have never used any time of 'bread' or grains in my meatloafOur favorite is the stuffed and smothered.
    2lbs of fresh ground meat (bison and beef is great)
    1 C of finely diced onions, garlic and celery
    spices (cumin, dry onions, garlic powder, quality salt and pepper)

mix well and with 2/3 of ground make a loaf with a long trough or well.
    Stuff with chopped broccoli and cheese, or mushrooms and onions,garlic and melted butter, or cauliflower and bacon etc. and then apply the rest of meat as the top and pinch closed. Smother with a panful of sauce: pureed tomatoes, butter, spices, honey and fruit if desired

I use a lot of cumin and garlic powder and I think these powders thicken the meat and help it hold together.
    Wow - egg, dairy, and grain free? That's the meatloaf jackpot for me It sounds really good too!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I happen to really like this one.

noelephant is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I found this on a blog somewhere.... maybe here.

The cheddar cheese, not only is delicious, it acts as a binder for the loaf so you don't need bread crumbs.

2 pounds ground beef
    4 ounces onion, chopped, 1 medium
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/3 cup Ketchup or tomato sauce
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 eggs
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 tablespoon No-Salt Seasoning or chili powder
    6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, 1 1/2 cups