Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For the people that are ripped how did you get there? page 4

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    aesthetics are for bitches and women.

if you're a man, your concern should be strength, the aesthetics come with this.
    Agreed.
    Aside from you and your wife/girlfriend, nobody really cares about what you look like anyway.
    Last edited by counterpuncher; 08-06-2012 at 01:04 AM.

linuxguy0481 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    Agreed.
    Aside from you and your wife/girlfriend, nobody really cares about what you look like anyway.
    Yeah good point. Okay what do you recommend I should do then with no regards to aesthetics and a strength emphasized program? For the equipment I currently own:

Pull up/dip station
    50 pound adjustable dumbbells

That's pretty much it. No funds for a gym. So I just want to workout from home.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    People that say aesthetics is for bitches usually look like shit (no offense dado). Saying nobody cares what you look like is ironic because nobody cares how much you squat either. So, to quote Mark, "I'd rather look in shape than be in shape". Face it, most people want some recognition for their hard work and the only way that happens, with respect to exercise, is having a great physique. Call it superficial, vain or whatever... but looking great naked is subjective; some people want that ripped look.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i'm not ripped. you can click on my profile and see my photo without a shirt on. i will say that the two things that seem to get me most ripped are extra leg training (squats of any sort, and RDLs) paired with a small, 6-7 hour eating window.

it's no fun for me to get ripped, and i've been there - veins in abs popping out. i feel more stressed all the time, and i don't like the intermittent fasting thing long term. not worth it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234