Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the people that are ripped how did you get there? page 2

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bicycle Crunches, Captain's Chair, Planks, yoga poses like Navasana, Nauli Kriya ( yogic ab exercises). All free, at-home stuff you can do on your own time, but you would need some personal 1-on-1 instruction on the Nauli techniques. Yes it will take some time & definitely take some focused effort. Back & core strength are much more important, irregardless of whether your abs are lookin like 6packs. Check out these links below
    10 best ab exercises - Top 10 Most Effective Ab Exercises
    2 Demonstrations of Nauli kriyas (but not instructions) - 1) Nauli Kriya - YouTube & 2) Vacuum education Six pack abdominal muscles - YouTube
    Last edited by Betorq; 07-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy0481 View Post
    Sadly I don't have any weights at home. No room for it either. I do have a Gold's Gym by my house and a Crossfit Gym at home. Just been searching online for a good bodyweight only workout.
    Convict Conditioning, PBF, You are your own gym...all good.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Convict Conditioning is for realz! Especially if you are confined in a 8x1o box 23 hrs a day, lol . But seriously, its awesome not just for abs, but for all round anaroebic fitness, strength & lean definition.

linuxguy0481 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Convict Conditioning is for realz! Especially if you are confined in a 8x1o box 23 hrs a day, lol . But seriously, its awesome not just for abs, but for all round anaroebic fitness, strength & lean definition.
    Does Convict Conditioning really work? I tried to find testimonials from real people that have tried it but found nothing. Except on Dragondoor's website. I bought the book a long time ago but still sits there. I have heard mixed things about CC. I wish the author could show off what he is capable of. I mean if I could do half the stuff he is able to do I would show off once in a while.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Does Convict Conditioning really work? I tried to find testimonials from real people that have tried it but found nothing. Except on Dragondoor's website. I bought the book a long time ago but still sits there. I have heard mixed things about CC. I wish the author could show off what he is capable of. I mean if I could do half the stuff he is able to do I would show off once in a while.
    Yup it does...been doing it for the last few months...awesome
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Yup it does...been doing it for the last few months...awesome
    @Dirlot: Cool I'm glad you are doing it. If you don't mind I have a couple of questions for you and for anyone else that is doing CC.

I plan on doing this CC routine:

big six every workout 3 days a week. Preferably MWF. For each exercise I pick a step that is tough in the 5-8 rep range and do 3 sets of that.I then do the reps until I can do about 10 and then pick a harder progression or add some weight. Will probably buy a weight vest in the future. What do you think about my workout routine?

What do you like most about Convict Conditioning and the least?

When did you start seeing results either performance or on your body?

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    I've been shredded a couple times in my life. I tend to carry a certain amount of fat at my comfortable weight. In other words the weight whereby I'm not hungry, not sacrificing etc. I have decent muscle size and shape and don't appear fat with clothes on. But to get ripped I have to sacrifice a lot diet wise. It just isn't sustainable for my body type. Eventually it leaves me exhausted and very hungry. Then it can leads to massive binge eating very easily. So I tend not to go there. I may tighten things up now and then and get a bit leaner for the challenge of it but don't know that I'll go for super ripped again.

Now to the abs. Little or no ab training is needed to have great abs. If you are doing compound lifts, your abs are going to be strong and well built. When I was ripped I had very good abs and basically did a set of crunches to failure about once every 3-4 months just for the hell of it. You will not get ripped abs doing a million sets of ab work. Its almost ALL diet!! Save your energy for working the big muscle groups, then get your body fat down. You'll have the abs that your genetics have given you. Its that simple!!

I'm not doing any compound lifts at all. No funds for a gym and no space or funds for weights at home either. Just been very interested into a bodyweight workout that will help build muscle and burn the fat. That should be easier now that I'm eating Primal.

otzi Guest
    I'm not doing any compound lifts at all. No funds for a gym and no space or funds for weights at home either. Just been very interested into a bodyweight workout that will help build muscle and burn the fat. That should be easier now that I'm eating Primal.
    Not sure what you are like now, but I have not been to a gym in over 10 years and am fairly ripped, not underwear model ripped, but veiny arms, 6 pack if I flex it, and super-muscular legs. I can barely 'pinch an inch' as they used to say. 2 years ago, I was nearly 100lbs overweight and could pinch a couple handfuls of belly fat. I'm 46, 5'10, M.

I do pushups, pullups, chinups, squats, and sprints.

If by Linuxguy, you are implying you are a computer tech, you should still be able to do pushups and walk on breaks if you have a sedentary job. One of the biggest changes I made in my life was to start walking and being physically active when I normally wouldn't be. On breaks, go run some stairs or do some pullups-or just walk around the parking lot. Then do more targeted weight training when you have the time.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm probably around 9-10% body fat year round now, so I think I can give reasonable advice. I had a visible six-pack before paleo (always been into sports, never ate that bad), but things really started to get interesting when I stopped cheating completely and started BJJ. Now I can see veins on my thighs and on my lower abdomen, I didn't think it would happen without a lot more effort haha.

I disagree with the whole ''do x and z exercises and you'll get ripped''. It's not about pull-ups or sit-ups or sprints, it's about doing activities you find fun and investing time and efforts to get GOOD at them. The more agile and mobile I become, the better I look. So...
    1. Stop cheating and stop the 80/20 thing. Make it at least 95/5.
    2. Find a sport that requires skill and agility (i.e. not running marathons) and that you love doing. Climbing, ultimate frisbee, mountain biking, boxing, MMA, whatever floats your boat. Then, do all you can to be more technical and perform better.
    3. Be active often, every day if you can. Sometimes intense stuff, sometimes just walking or traveling on your bike, just don't spend 3-4 days in a row sitting on a couch after a hard workout.

Also, there's nothing wrong in wanting to be ripped for the sake of it if that's what you feel like doing. I want to look like my body is carved out of marble when I'm naked, and I want girls to be wowed when I take my shirt off, and I assume it completely, fat delusional wanna-be-powerlifters be damned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast