Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 99

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^ resume the habit!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Everybody!

It's been a tough Winter and a busy Spring! Since February I've been to California, Canada, Indianapolis, Boston, Dusseldorf-Germany and all over New England for trade shows or customer visits. The schedule has been challenging, but I've managed to keep my weight in check and though it fluctuates, I'm right at the low in my signature block still. I've got one more trade show to do in NYC the exact same time as the PrimalCon (so ending that fantasy...).

I have continued with the weight training and I am certain that the reason I haven't lost more weight is because I am adding muscle to offset fat loss. We measure fat percentage and mine has gone down as I have become stronger. My lifts are now equal to those I was able to do in my twenties! My Warrior Dash race is in September and a group of us have been doing special training for it. I expect to be able to do it pretty well.

So all is really going remarkably well, the diet I have adopted is more Primal than anything else, but I have added small servings of white rice a la The Perfect Health Diet, mostly so I can eat at restaurants and the Indian food that I love.

I have cut back on drinking remarkably, which has helped in support of weight-loss as well as in my personal life. I'm not ready to go to 12-step meetings, but have all but stopped.

I'm glad to see so many familiar folks still here! I couldn't log on for the longest time because I forgot my password and the password reset feature on this site is a bit medieval...

I'll go and read through some journals to find out how you all are doing!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Great news!

Sent via lightsaber

I took a walk today, my usual, I didn't do any running because we did sprints at training last night and I don't want to overdo it. I've had some issues with my feet this spring and I'm talking the transition into running slowly.

The warrior dash is a 5k race, broken up by the obstacles, so I am working my way up being able to run the distance at a good speed. I just downloaded C25K and will start that tomorrow.

I had a good eating day, eggs for breakfast with an avocado, a leftover piece of a GF steak for lunch and a big serving of GF pot roast and veggies for dinner. I feel good!
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear things are going well! More than well! I've been mixing up my exercise plan, including sprints and getting into cycling, doing some bodyweight stuff. Having a good time.

I had trouble with my password reset also, what a hassle that is!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hi Siobhan!

Yes, you got a TRX, yes? We use that a lot in training. I just ordered a knockoff version yesterday, so I can do a workout over the weekend and stuff it into a suitcase for when I'm on the road. I really like it!

I tried transitioning into the barefoot type shoe too quickly and my feet have suffered. So I took all of April off of running and just walked and healed. I've ordered some zero drop but padded athletic shoes and will wear those awhile and then work in the Minimus shoes bit by bit.

I'm glad to be back:-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Good to 'see' you David! Sounds like you are doing well indeed. Sorry the feet have been complaining - hopefully your transitional stuff will get you there.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I've been doing TRX at the Y, love it! I have rigged up a low-rent version at home with some resistance bands. Works great, though.

I wear my minimal shoes a lot, but haven't been brave enough to run in them...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

We use the TRX every session for training for something or other. That's what prompted me to order my own. It's just like the TRX brand, but the straps are a bit smaller. Trainer Cliff has several of these, so I know what I am getting.

I thought I had a summer cold, but now I'm thinking I have allergies to tree pollen or whatever is in the air right now. Ugh...

It's been interfering with my sleep. :-( I'm such a baby about taking medicine, of any kind at all. So I'm likely going to just suffer with it until whatever is bothering goes away. I am told that the allergens are particularly bad this year (though it seems I hear that every year). I have suspected that I was becoming allergic to something for a couple of years now, but it's not ever affected me the way it is now.

I did the first day of C25K yesterday and this morning my feet hurt a bit, but not bad and through the day they've loosened up considerably. I'm sure we'll be doing some running tonight at training, so I'll be okay. My next C25K session is tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

For the C25K I'll be using my traditional running shoes, reserving the minimus shoes for training, but with both trying to remain light on the balls of my feet.

Forward!
    Body Fat 27.5

Do you walk around barefoot at home as much as you can? I found that was key to being able to wear my minimal shoes to work and for longer periods of time. Until I was really comfortable barefoot for hours around the house, (and even at work sometimes in secret) I couldn't do well with the shoes. But it doesn't sound like you spend too much time at home! And I don't think you can walk around barefoot at work.

Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast