Page 98 of 116 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 98

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I am so impressed with how different this winter is for you Dave! Amazing the difference your workouts and food have made - really proud of your progress in so many areas! Woo hoo!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear things are going well. My activity is down as well - this bitter cold, snow and ice is deterring me from going outdoors. And it can be hard to make myself even go out, which is bad. It just occurred to me that I should have signed up for a class of some sort at the Y, that would get me out!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the kind words all! :-)

Yes this winter (despite the insane cold and snow) has been much easier for me than most. Of course I chalk this up to working out and taking better care of myself (which is pretty much the same thing). It's interesting the way that it works. It seems everything is better, I'm getting along better with my family, I'm happier at work, and I feel better physically. I suppose any one of these things could be seen as the reason for my better mood, but instinctively I know that it all stems from feeling better about myself because I have made a priority of being healthier.

It's been the root cause of my troubles all along, but it's been hard to accept and I have, in the past, wasted time trying to fix symptoms, rather than the root cause. This has amounted to "Rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic."

:-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounding good David! Are you guys loaded with snow at the moment? I love the idea of rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic!! Going to use that one of these days!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Hi Folks!

I'm still alive! Still fighting winter depression, it's got a bit worse. I was in California for a week, as I always am the week of Valentine's Day. Generally the trip lifts my mood, just being in the sun and the warm, it has provided a respite just when I needed it and when I got back it seemed as if the worst of the Winter was over. But this year a bad storm hit while I was gone, and SWMBO really suffered with all the shoveling and I felt guilty not being there to help. It snowed again the night I returned and I battled my way home from JFK in NYC to drop off my cousin and the car I left at her place was buried and plowed in, so I took the company car home.

It snowed again the next day when I returned the car and I was stranded at her house until the plows came. It snowed again this week and my son was in a scuffle with a snow bank and it popped his tire and threw the car out of alignment... Sigh.

So I'm not sure the week away made anything easier.

Everybody at home and work is tired and grumpy, including me! I'm trying hard just to get through each day without being too unpleasant. At least the next few days will be in the 40's here in CT. It will be a nice change of pace to see mud instead of snow and ice! :-)

I can't wait to get outside and do some walking!

Weight is good, food is good. I overindulged a bit in CA, but that weight is all but off of me. My weight training is going well, a week away from it helped with my shoulder and last night we had warrior training and I was able to do the jungle gym across twice each circuit (3) which is a first! So that's good.

Despite all of my whining and complaining I am in such a better place than I have been in years past. Soon the winter will be over, it will get warm again and the sun will shine. I'll be in a better condition to really enjoy that when it comes.
    Body Fat 30.5

I know what you mean about this winter! Despite my Pollyanna-ish outlook, this winter has been beyond challenging. If I worked a regular job where I have to be nice to people I would probably have either been fired or killed. Luckily I can do my Lone Ranger routine at work (with no Tonto) and not yell at people too much and also not get involved in their dramas, which have been magnified by the conditions. I thought the worst was over and then we were hit by ten days of apocalyptic stuff, exacerbated by a unable-to-postpone trip to Boston in a blizzard and unexpected houseguests who nearly drove me insane. At this point I am looking at the calendar and thinking "One month from now and it will be spring." One month will fly by, right?

Hey, did you check out PrimalCon New York in June? Are you going? After my initial excitement, reality has sunk in and I am hesitant to drop that many bills on a 3-day vacation. $1900! I haven't ruled it out, but that is a lot of money to me.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hi Siobahn,

I was looking over the website for info on the NY PrimalCon, but could only find information on the Mexican one. :-(

I'll be in NYC for a trade show early in June, so maybe I can make it. It depends on the specific dates, etc.

I hear you about the money... I'm fortunate that I've been able to budget for things like that since my boys grew up and I haven't had to pay college bills or child support, but lately my "mad money" has been entirely consumed with the personal training. Absolutely, it's been worth it, but it forces me to live closer to the bone than I'm used to.

But I'll look for the details. Can you post a link?

David
    Body Fat 30.5

Here you go - if you click around you will find more info - Events - PrimalCon New York 2014

Wow it's at the Mohonk Mountain Resort! I've been there a bunch of times with SWMBO and the outlaws. We went every year once or twice until boy came along! We've been there since, when he was an infant, but when SWMBO lost her job some years ago, we stopped going as it cost a fortune. Now that she's working again we're out of the habit.

But it's either the weekend before or after I go to NYC :-( that much time away is likely going to be a problem...

Still I'm going to think about it! :-)
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bring SWMBO and Boy!