Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 95

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The concert has come and gone. It was one of the best weekends of my life! Seeing so many old friends, performing again with and for them was really wonderful. My solo stuff went beautifully and it just couldn't have been any better!

Now I need to get back to healthy eating, sleeping (that was a big issue, I've really been burning the candle at both ends) and working out.

Tonight I go back to my normal training schedule for a week then off to Canada (Toronto) for a short sales trip.

Then things are settled down again until the new year.

Whew!!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I am so happy for you! What a great feeling that is, and what a fantastic experience. Is there video?

Glad you're back and looking forward to hearing about your workouts. I'm assuming your son is still training also?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hah! You'll be in my neck of the woods during your sales trip. I'm about an hour or so south of TO.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Hi folks!

I'm back from Canada, I spent the week in and north of Toronto. It snowed! It was a good trip and I had a great time. Food was pretty good, (well, it was great, but I mean in the Paleo/Primal sense).

I don't know if I mentioned this, but the Thursday before the trip, I blew out my calf muscles in my right leg doing sprints at training :-(. It was awful! I'm not entirely sure what happened really, we were doing a agility drill where we sidestepped over short hurdles then sprinted down about 25 yards and caught a football and sprinted back. I was on my second run, caught the football and was running back when something in my calf popped and I went down. When I got up I couldn't put weight on it.

I stopped the training (obviously) and spent the rest of the session stretching rolling and working the calf muscle. When I got home I iced it all evening. I couldn't go to training the next day and spent the weekend hobbling around and trying to stretch out. The week in Canada was a blessing really, as it gave me time to rest with only some light walking.

I'm pretty much pain free now, but it is still very tight. I'm really bummed because it seems like I am continually hurting myself. I guess that I was in far worse physical shape than I thought. Anyway, I am now going to put a greater emphasis on losing weight, stretching and flexibility and less emphasis on weight training and preparing for Warrior Dash type races. At least until I'm all healed with my shoulder and now leg.

My weight loss has stalled, but it is in part because I have been gaining muscle. But I haven't really been dieting really as least not in the sense that I've been purposefully been eating at a caloric deficit. Despite my increase in activity my body has adapted to the amount of food I am eating and weightloss has either slowed to a crawl or stopped entirely.

So back on a "diet" I go. Now that I can walk without wincing in pain with each step I'll go back to walking daily. Not sure what I'll do about the training. But will figure that out this week, when I return to training.
    Body Fat 27.5

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back David. Glad the calf is better.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Hey David, it has been forever since we heard from you!! Are you ok? What is going on in your world? How is your leg - hopefully long healed. How are you coping with the winter doldrums?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Yeah David, how are you? Hope you check in soon!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hi Everybody! Happy New Year and I hope you all had a nice Christmas.

I'm doing alright. Calf is all better and my shoulder is a bit better. I'm still going strong with the training, no problems there. I have put back some weight (I'm about 240 now), but holding pretty steady. I've been good with the Primal eating, it's the beer (as usual) that is the issue as well as not doing so much walking on account of the weather. Usual Winter stuff.

My mood has been okay, I think that the training helps with this. Doing something positive for myself is good for the depression.

I enjoyed the Holidays, but I am glad they are near the end. I've always liked making New Year's Resolutions. Kind of a feeling of renewal. This year I have signed up for the Warrior Dash here in Connecticut. It isn't until September 20th, so I have plenty of time to lose more weight and to train for the race. I am looking forward to it!

I hope you are all well!

DC
    Body Fat 27.5

Great to hear from you, David! Glad things are going well. I think about you a lot - you are one of only two guys I follow on here (ecks is the other) and so I miss your posts. Not to mention they are interesting. So glad to hear the training is going strong. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

So I have made some resolutions! Besides signing up for the Warrior Dash Race in September, I have made the following fitness-related resolutions.

1. Lose the rest of my weight by the Warrior Dash in September.
    2. Limit my drinking to one day a week and only two drinks until my trip to Germany in April.
    3. Walk (eventually jog and run) at least five days a week in the mornings.
    4. Continue with training (or classes) 3x a week all though the year.

In other news, I am encouraged to find my local grocery stores beginning to offer a greater variety of organic, GF and pastured products. I haven't been shy about paying a lot of money for good food and I almost never get great deals. But I did get a great deal yesterday! I was at the grocery store looking at insanely priced organic roasting Chickens (capons) when the meat guy walked by and saw me. He told me that they had one free-range! organic turkey left and it was marked way down. I thanked him and said I would look at it. I had seen these turkeys for sale before the holiday at Over 4 dollars a pound! This bird was marked down to 29 cents a pound!! It was just over 15 lbs so cost less than $5.00!! They only had the one, so I bought it :-).

We're having it today :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast