Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 94

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I hope I can make it happen soon. I've been to Ireland twice. I loved it.

Tonight is my first training session since before the vacation. Eldest has been going and having private sessions and is feeling a bit tired and sore, so he knows it is working! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Last night I had training (my schedule is off because of my vacation). We discussed my goals in some detail and I mentioned that I would like to do one of the Warrior Dash or similar events next summer. As luck would have it, there is one this weekend here in CT. But I'm in no shape to participate. But next September, one year from now, there is another. So that is my long term goal, to lose more weight and to get into better shape and to do the 2014 Warrior Dash in CT.

With that in mind, Trainer-Cliff will work on a training program for me. He is participating in the one today. So we started last night. We started with running, he analyzed my gate and coached me on how to make it more efficient and faster. We worked on sprinting, keeping up on the balls of my feet.

So I have an entire new set of muscle soreness today, but it's the good kind. I'm pretty well caught up on sleep from my trip and the Jet Lag, which wasn't at all bad, really.

Food has been pretty good. I gained almost two pounds on vacation, but expect that to drop off soon. Trainer-Cliff is doing a September challenge for a month of free training sessions. I'm not in the running, but it does mean that weigh-ins are weekly now instead of monthly.
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Catching up on sleep, does that ever sound good...

Maybe one or both of your sons would be interested in doing the Warrior Dash with you?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah, my eldest might be interested. He's doing pretty well with training but is badly out of shape. I think he will get into shape faster than me. I haven't spoken to him at length about his diet, but will as the sessions progress.
    Body Fat 27.5

Long time without a post! Things are going really well! My workouts proceed apace, and my diet has been very good. I'm loving the cooler weather and with it the pot roast that I've been making. After reading The perfect health diet I am eating potatoes (in very limited amounts), which makes pot roast soooo much better.

I mentioned earlier that I'm in long term training for the Warrior Dash and Eldest Son has agreed to do it with me! Yay! So running a 5K is the basis of the race (plus the obstacles) so I've been working on running along with everything else. This morning was something of a first in that I ran (jogged) the entire long walk (about 4 miles). Stopping only to work at pull-ups at the park. The pull ups (chin ups really- palms facing in) were another personal best, 2 with good form and one about halfway up but not over the bar. Remarkable progress as only a couple of months ago I couldn't even do one!

I need to work on speed and staying on the balls of my feet while running. But I have no more pain in my feet due to the transition to minimal shoes.

It's all good! Even though I haven't been posting much, I have been reading everybody's posts and will stop in each to say hi soon!

DC
    Body Fat 27.5

So freakin' cool that your DS is doing the Dash with you! Would you believe I was actually running a little today? Well, kind of jogging. Just had so much energy!

I haven't done a chin-up since I was 8 years old. Good on you!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I am definitely not keeping up with my journal, sigh. Everything is still good! Just got my FitBit and am playing with it. I walked at every opportunity today and am well over 12,500 steps!

Been IF'ing again. I was less than disciplined over the weekend (picnic at a Vinyard...). Haven't weighed myself lately, but I imagine I am near a record low by how clothes are fitting, though it is hard to say as with the weight lifting, I am getting more muscle too. It's all good!
    Body Fat 27.5

You are just getting hotter by the second! But be sure to eat enough to have enough energy for your workout. (Nag nag nag)

It is actually really cool that you aren't keeping up with your journal because real life is going so well!

If you can figure out how to do it, send me a friend request on FitBit (if you want). I haven't figured out how to search for people. I added some friends and found it is fun to have other people's colorful steps on the side of my page. I am Siobhan over there also.

Hi Siobhan!

I haven't really figured out all the ins and outs of the FitBit yet, but I will just as soon as I do!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks! I think I mentioned this, but I'm involved in a reunion concert of all the students who were in Chorus or Band during the tenure of our (beloved) Music teacher, who taught from 1960 until 1984. He is in retirement down in Florida and is coming up to direct a reunion chorus with a full program over Columbus Day Weekend. The organizers hoped they could scrape together 50 people to sing, but the response was overwhelming and they had to cut participation off at 140 people because that's all that will safely fit on the stage risers!

The first half of the program will be solos from the various Musicals that were done in the era and I will be doing a duet with an old friend from the show "Godspell"

I was also asked to be involved in a number to be performed at the banquet on Saturday night. So I've been busy learning music and rehearsing. I've been out every night and extremely busy.

Food has been as good as possible, given my crazy schedule, this past weekend was my Birthday, and my boys threw me a surprise birthday party! It was very fun at a nice Japanese Hibachi place, which was pretty Paleo except for the oil, I imagine.

The concert is Sunday, and after that I hope things will quiet down a bit and I can focus more on things like this forum! :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast