Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 93

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Siobhan, yeah I'll need to be careful not to go overboard with the starches, though they recommend about a pound a day! Back when I was doing the potato diet I think I was eating two pounds a day (and nothing else) and that was a lot! Of course they recommend to eat potato with butter and vinegar. I think I can manage that...

They don't want brown rice, because of the anti-nutrients, they want white (which I prefer). I'm going to run to Trader Joe's to get more coconut oil and some basmati rice.

It's a really interesting book and I like that they make specific recommendations.

Thanks Judy for the chart and the link! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, their recommendations are pretty easy to get down with! I never did like brown rice, glad to hear it's not good. Have to admit that having a bit of rice or potatoes also makes it easier to eat out, not that I do that very much.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Siobhan, it does make it easy to eat out. Still have to be careful though, particularly with bad oils.

Took SWMBO and Boy to NYC to See Spider-Man, Turn off the Dark today. Meh... Boy loved it and acrobatically it was thrilling, but the story was hashed out of the movie and the music was spotty, some good and some was not so good. The Sunday matinee was just over half full, which doesn't bode well for it's longevity. We did have the be$t $eats in the hou$e. First row mezzanine right next to one of the platforms where Spider-Man jumped off and on repeatedly. The actor gave Boy fist bumps and high fives to Boy's delight. It was cool! If the story and the music was as good as the aerial and trapeze work, the musical would be incredible.

Saturday I did some clothes shopping for my trip to California. The clothes I'm wearing these days are old things from my days (years ago) when I was this weight. It was nice to shop and try on clothes in normal sizes and have them all look good, rather than hope something would fit and that I would look okay wearing it. I've dropped from a tight 44 to a size 38!

So all in all it was a great weekend!
    Body Fat 27.5

Eating for the past few days has been not so good. Lots of get-togethers and work related Social functions. Today was the first day where I could eat what I planned. The PHD suggests 16/8 fasting, which is fine by me. So today I packed a healthy lunch and for dinner made a fried rice kinda thing with chicken and veggies and rice fried in coconut oil and lotsa spices. It was pretty good!

Today was my first personal training session that Eldest-son joined. He's not in very good shape, so it's good that he's willing to do it. Hopefully this three months will start him on some sort of life-long fitness journey.
    Body Fat 27.5

So Eldest son is a bit sore today :-) but not nearly as sore as I was when I started, Ahhh youth! I took him to lunch today, I'll be leaving for San Francisco tomorrow so he'll have two private training sessions before I'm back. He seems pretty enthusiastic!

I had coffee last night, forgetting that it keeps me awake and I was awake essentially all night! Grrrrr. Finally fell deeply asleep around 4:00 AM but had to get up at 6:45 for the day, sigh... It's been sorta surrealistic today, like I'm in a fog. Tonight I have to pack and get ready for my trip.

Maybe I'll sleep on the plane!

Still, I'm looking forward to the trip!
    Body Fat 27.5

Watch out, David, he'll one-up you pretty soon!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Greetings from San Francisco! The wedding was beautiful and I have been having a great time with my cousins. The pace has been a bit hectic and trying to organize five people's agendas and ideosyncracies has been a challenge. My cousins are all women and are sharing a suite, while I'm in my own room. So I'm doing a lot of waiting, lol.

The food has, surprisingly enough, been difficult to manage. People here are quite health conscious and there's plenty of fresh, organic food available, all of it on bread! I've taken to ordering sandwiches with lettuce and chucking the bread. Since we're here for a wedding, there have been a lot of events and so far only one dinner that we found for ourselves. I suggested we find a steakhouse but was voted down... I'll live, though I do feel somewhat underfed.

Been doing a lot of walking, but aside from some swimming (read: wallowing), no purposeful exercising.

It is lovely here, and today we're relaxing in the morning and this afternoon we'll drive out to wine country for one last event with the newly weds. Tomorrow we make the long trek home and back to reality.
    Body Fat 27.5

You didn't bring SWMBO and Boy?

No, SWMBO couldn't come because she didn't have time off and Boy has school. They might've flown out just for the weekend, but it would be too much traveling and not enough fun, (at least not from Boy's perspective).

SWMBO and I generally do not travel well together. She generally vacations with her family and I either don't vacation at all or I go with friends or cousins on short trips, often tacked onto the ends of business trips a day or two at a time.

I would love to go to Ireland with my older boys and will try to put a trip together before they go off and get married.

As Boy gets older I think that SWMBO and I will do better with the traveling, there will be less stress (traveling with young children is a real challenge).
    Body Fat 27.5

PrimalCon New York
    So true, traveling is stressful enough, adding in a kidling even more so. But think how much fun you will have when he is a little older. And get to Ireland with the offspring - you will have the time of your lives! Three DCarrs loose on the Emerald Isle! Watch out!

Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast