Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 86

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heaven definitely comes from the underside of a steer!

Yep, if we ever have a paleo meat...uh meetup, I'll cook my little heart out. Obviously there is an interest around here, why else would the co-op be carrying Paleo magazine? There is hope. Maybe when the community kitchen opens there will be a paleo/primal cooking group.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I hope that Mark does one of his Primal weekend dealeo's in the Northeast someday [hint, hint].

So last night was fun! I have a friend from high school who is a famous opera singer, travels the world, has sung at the Met, in Paris, Moscow, London, everywhere you can imagine. Even starred recently on Broadway as the lead in "South Pacific" a couple of years ago. He and his wife (also an Opera star) gave a free concert on the green in Old Saybrook, CT. A bunch of us (his friends) went together. The green was packed with people, Hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands.

They both were wonderful! The program was famous arias mostly and a couple of show tunes: "Some Enchanted Evening." Breathtaking.

Afterward we went out for drinks, I had dinner, because I hadn't eaten. I managed to eat fairly Primaly except for some polenta, which was hiding under the broiled scallops. Several classes of wine were enjoyed.

We ended up closing the place and stayed in the parking lot, some of us, lost in conversation and reminiscence until the wee small hours.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

I'm a huge opera fan....HUGE. Do you mind telling us his name?

I hope Mark is reading your post and taking it to heart. If he ever does a primal thing within a day's driving distance I am going no matter what.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Not at all, his name is David Pittsinger, and his wife is Patricia Schuman.

Photos

It was funny, somebody brought one of the programs from one of the shows we did in high school. It was "Man of La Mancha," I played Sancho and Dave P. played the Padre. Somebody remarked that it was the last time I got a higher billing than Dave P!

Very True!

Same here about the New England Primalcon
    Body Fat 30.5

I don't have any pictures from "Man of La Mancha" but here's one from the next Summer's production of "Godspell." I'm to the left of the guy who played Jesus (He's in the Superman shirt) and Dave P was immediately to the right of Jesus.

Godspell78.jpg
    Body Fat 30.5

I saw him in Manon!

Great pic! Wow, does that ever take me back...the clothes...the hair...those fresh faces...I sang "Day by Day" a very long time ago...

Cool!

Dave gives concerts here in CT from time to time. He lives here still when he's not off traveling. I've been to several of his concerts through the years and I saw him on Broadway when he was doing "South Pacific," I'm somewhat ashamed to say I've never seen him in an Opera, though I've had plenty of chances. I've been to several Operas over the years and I always enjoy it, so I don't know why I haven't gone to see him.

I'll have to make a better effort.
    Body Fat 30.5

YOU HAVE TO GO!!!! Is he at the Met in the coming season? GO!

I will! He said he had some things going on next year but on his website there's nothing this year. He is playing Arthur in "Camelot" at Glimmerglass this month, but I can't go, weekends are all booked through the end of the run. :-( He did sing, "How to handle a woman" from Camelot at the concert, so that was good.

Not much to report in my world. Food has been fine. Lots of socializing, just lately, which makes eating hit or miss. Mostly I can find something to eat, and if I can't, I just don't eat. That sort of freaks people out, and their big concern is, "don't you get hungry?" They say this with the same shock and fear as if they were concerned that I'd be hit by a bus!

Of course I do get hungry, but I've learned not to let it distract me, and not to fear it. In an odd way, I sort of enjoy it when it is by choice and I know sooner or later I will eat.

In my past I never really let myself get hungry, that's been the biggest change in my eating, I think.
    Body Fat 30.5

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All this opera talk made me think of my cousin; he's a young opera singer in NYC, and apparently is really good. Like, the reviews I've looked up for him have been overwhelmingly of the "rave" variety. He sings countertenor, which I guess is pretty rare, has sung in Europe a bunch, was in the touring version of "Chicago", etc. I've seen him sing in a couple small shows when he was back home for the holidays, but really need to get up to NY and check him out sometime soon.

My knowledge of opera isn't zero...but it's something approaching that. Still, I appreciate people who are good at what they do, and who chase their dreams down and tackle them.

Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast