Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 85

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Turns out I'm the grumpy one! SWMBO and Boy went off to the Outlaws and I am staying home. :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Probably just as well! There is always another time. Hope the hand heals up.

Don't worry about the fruit. Just imagine how much nutrition you received.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah, it was for the best, I wasn't feeling particularly hungry or social and a big, carby meal that I would have to pick my way around was just not what I wanted today. I finished the yummy pot roast and had a bit of yogurt and that's all I wanted.

We're all tired today, and I'm bummed about my hand. I did a bunch of Farmer's carries during training yesterday and a bunch of grip strength exercises, and what I am feeling might very well be just soreness or fatigue. I was just looking foreword to playing and had to cut that very short.

I'll live! :-)

I'm not too worried about all of the fruit, I was just surprised because it was a bit binge-y and I was a bit out of control, which is un-nerving, seeing as how I've been doing so well. But today has been better!
    Body Fat 27.5

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure Grok binged on fruit when it was available.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Fruit is made for bingeing. Yep, I'll bet our ancestors went crazy when they found ripe fruit. I've been looking back in my journal from last year and I lost a fair amount of weight while eating a pint of berries every day. Hmmm....light bulb going off...expensive though!

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Also it was seasonal and local, well except for the cherries, which were from Washington State I think. I'm feeling better about it! Thanks all!
    Body Fat 27.5

Hmmm all this talk of fancy cooking (I'm looking at you Siobhan and you too Ecks...) has me mildly dissatisfied with my own gastronomical proclivities...

I've always thought of myself as a competent cook, meaning that I have mastered the mechanics of cooking. I can cook a steak to the correct degree of doneness, I can sauté vegetables with the best of them, I can make fluffy rice (a skill I am not using much these days) and I can successfully make most any recipe. My grandmother always dismissed people who claimed they cannot cook with a wave of her hand and a sneering, "anybody who can read can cook!" And that's pretty much how I cook, with about the same level of artistry as I would employ when I assemble a set of IKEA bookshelves.

Some people take it to a different level though. They go beyond the simple competent mechanics of correctly prepared and cooked food, and make it sublime, just the right heat or just the right spice or interesting textures and that something extra that makes good food great. I love great food, but I make good food.

Last night I had hamburger thawed out that wanted using and some too-big summer squash and so I sautéed it all with an onion and some fresh salsa, salt and pepper and it turned well. It wasn't real pretty, but it was tasty and the cubed squash had just a bit of crunch to it. SWMBO tucked in and proclaimed it good, even Boy tried a little and declared it so-so (this is his highest level of praise for my cooking).

So I manage to keep everybody fed and healthy, but when I see the photographs and read the descriptions of the Gustatory Masterpieces that folks on the forum make I am humbled and hungry!!!
    Body Fat 27.5

Ah yes, I accept your accolades...I am humbled by own magnificence...(retching noise)

I am a good cook, yes, I have kitchen skills and I am passionate about food, and also I know a lot about it. The trouble with my cooking is that I am my own best customer. I cook everything exactly to my own taste, and I have the skill to do that - to make things taste just the way I want to. I like really spicy food, unusual and striking combinations, etc. Most people don't like that. People want potato salad made with mayo from a jar, not homemade mayo with ancho chile and lime potato salad made with purple potatoes.

Excuse me, I have to go tend to my zigni...Ethiopian Beef Stew, doncha know...

Well someday we'll have a huge PB-Northeastern Chapter potluck dinner and I will gorge! I'll bring chips! ;-)

All of this talk of food made me insanely hungry and since SWMBO ate all of the hamburger-squash stir fry, there was none for my lunch. (I eat lunch on training days).

Food choices around here are okay, but nothing fast, cheap and Primal friendly. In the center of town is a tiny building, about the size of a garden shed, called, "The Meat Hut" it just opened, and with a name like that I assumed it was a glorified hot dog stand, which it is. But they had slow smoked brisket and pulled pork. They aren't cooked in sauce, so I had a brisket sandwich, hold the bun and the sauce. They looked at me strangely but served it up.

A bit of heaven. If heaven comes from the underside of a steer!
    Body Fat 27.5

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    homemade mayo with ancho chile and lime potato salad made with purple potatoes...
    Yum, I'll take that to go please!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast