Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 84

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    *slow clap* A dude who understands how to answer a woman when she asks for opinion! I present to you good sir a solid high five!

By next summer you'll be oiling up at the beach showing off all of the hard work you're putting in. You're doing well and it will pay off.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    And it's only taken me 52 years and an ex-wife to figure this out!

I've been after that beach body for most of those 52 years, I can wait one more! :-)

Thanks for the kind words!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Congratulations on your new stats! Especially going down on the body fat. It's nice to know you're doing it right, and not just becoming skinny-fat. Take a five-minute Yankee break, and feel PROUD!

Lol at the Yankee Break! I can't! it runs too deeeeep! But thanks for the kind words! :-D
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    My Ex, who I have often mentioned in my journal and is a good friend, almost certainly has some form of Asbergers or some 'lack of social filters' and would often say very unkind things to me. And then he could never figure out why my behavior would change accordingly - that there were consequences to these events. For instance, when I was gaining weight and feeling bad about myself, and juggling a ton of things - school, work, my mother's illness - I asked him if I looked bad (and regretted it before it came out of my mouth and immediately told him not to answer) and he told me in spades how I looked, and that yes, he did find it kind of repulsive but after all having sex with a fat ugly person is better than no sex at all. (Need I mention that he is not exactly an Adonis) Then he was mystified when I lost all desire to have sex with him or even let him see me naked. I even told him exactly why, but he just didn't get it. There were many instances like this, not just with me, but with other people. Recently we have talked about his inability to tell when he is making someone really uncomfortable and being very unkind. He really just doesn't understand. He could never pick up those cues as you do with SWMBO.

Do you ever ask SWMBO how you look? What does she say?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Oh she's very complimentary about how I look, when asked. I weighed 215 when we met and was in pretty good shape.

She was very unhappy with me gaining weight and I could tell she found me unattractive. She didn't say anything directly, but I could tell. It made me feel bad, but it fell neatly into the "I'm no good, fat, nobody loves me, I'm worthless" narrative that has been at the base of my depression all of my life. She's suffered nearly as much as me with my depression. Sigh...

But Boy came along in the middle of it and we focused more on him than each other, co-existing more or less peacefully. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and we know each other pretty well. She knows when I need to hear a compliment and vice-versa.

But occasionally, she will see me dressed in something new and remark with some surprise that I look "like a normal person again, not a fat man." which always makes me feel better.

:-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That is great. I am sure she was, and continues to be, concerned about your health, and is happy that you are in fact much healthier in addition to having a bangin' bod!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well last night's workout was great! We worked on stair-climbing as a precursor to running and my shoulder has healed enough that we can start some more strengthening exercises, carefully. I did 4 sets of a barbell routine with 10 reps of deadlifts, clean and presses, bent rows, squats with the bar in front, and shrugs. Except for the deadlifts, this was all just with the Olympic bar, just to get a feel for the movements and to solidify form. In the coming weeks we'll add weight.

In the hour that I train, there is typically time for 2 circuits of 5 or 6 exercises, each circuit comprising 3-4 sets. For me it is worth the price of admission to have somebody plan this all out for me, provide the equipment and direct me through it. He's always looking at my form and seems to be able to recognize if something is hurting me (shoulder) or if I am just fatigued. I've already committed myself to another 3 months of training when this current session is over at the end of this month.

If I can swing it financially, I will continue it until next summer before switching to the boot camp style fitness classes.

It is a lot (!) of money. But I don't believe I would have ever done this on my own.

Food was good yesterday, I ate just over 1700 calories, about 110 grams of carbohydrate, which is higher than usual. SWMBO brought home a bag of the most beautiful cherries I have ever seen and well... I am only human!
    Body Fat 27.5

Interesting food days... Been hitting the fruit a bit too hard. So while my calories are in line, my macros are a bit off, with way too much carbohydrate. I sort of expected that I'd have stoked up my glycogen reserves and would have a better workout this AM. But didn't notice any difference.

Reading through journals I got a hankering for pot roast and I had a nice big chuck roast so went down and got it from the freezer. While down there I noticed a stray package of bacon! :-D. I thought it was all gone. So that was my lunch... All of it! Then the rest of the cherries...and some blueberries and some watermelon.

All in all I came in at 2100 calories, with 180 grams of carbohydrate! Yeesh!

But it's okay. Tomorrow is tennis and a light day eating wise.

We move onward!
    Body Fat 27.5

Hmmm tennis was a bust. I've somehow hurt my right hand and every time I hit the ball it hurt where I gripped the racquet. :-(.

SWMBO and Boy and I are all tired and grumpy. So we are heading to the Outlaws for dinner and a swim.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast