Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 83

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Dude you're about to leave the 230's! Take the victory!
    +1

I do know what you mean - in reading my journal I think I often sound rather smug and self-satisfied, but I realize that most of the time I am comparing myself with the population at large, which is mostly fat and out-of-shape. I shouldn't be comparing myself with anyone. I should be asking myself, am I happy with where I am and why or why not and change things accordingly. But it is too easy to look around the room and see that I am the most-fit-looking-and-thinnest person. Which is frightening because I am not thin or fit. Just compared to everyone else in my world. So sad!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    You do make a good point. I've always been embarrassed to wear a bathing suit at the beach. But was there last week and SWMBO asked why I hadn't taken my shirt off. I told her and she chuckled and told me to look around. With the exception of a couple of teenage kouroi strutting about, every other guy was bigger than I, some were morbidly obese.

This is less self-congratulatory than it is an observation about how fat we've become as a country. It is sad.

It's also ironic that even though I acknowledge that I am getting thinner and from some angles, with my gut sucked in, I really don't look half-bad, I still think of myself as disgustingly obese. I wonder if that self-mage will ever go away?
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

I think the self-image will go away with time, but I don't think the fear of being like that again will ever go away. Which is probably good in a way.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I suppose it is a good thing. Growing complacent about my appearance, once I got down to a reasonable weight has always been the first step to gaining all the weight back in the past.

Incidentally, 232 is the lowest weight I've weighed in over 10 years!

Tonight will be a challenge for me, food-wise. I am going to parents night at Boy's summer camp, where we have a picnic provided by the camp, with awful food, institutional steamed hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken patties, soft drinks and other delicasies. After the repast, there will be an evening of skits, written and performed by the campers themselves, punctuated by swatting at mosquitos.
    Body Fat 30.5

I bow to your parental code that requires such things. I am once again reminded of the Sartre quote I threw out a couple of pages ago.

Oh, how cynical I am! It will be fun!

Well it could've been worse. SWMBO brought us chicken salads from Starbucks, it wasn't enough, but it was actually pretty good and held me over until I could get home and make proper food, leftover summer squash sautéed in butter with some fresh salsa and a couple of eggs scrambled in and some cheese grated over the mess and under the broiler it went! Certainly not a photoworthy masterpiece visually like ecks's, but very tasty with some red curry powder and fresh grated pepper on top.

The skits were funny and goofy like they ought to be, filled with inside jokes about various camp Counselors and staff that had the campers choking with laughter and the parents scratching their heads. But it really was fun.

I don't often have dessert these days, but tonight I had a cup of plain full fat Greek yogurt with some local blueberries mixed in. It was wonderful. But it made me hungry or craving carbs, so off to bed with me, before I do something I regret!
    Body Fat 30.5

Yogurt with berries or other carby mix-ins have the same effect on me - just make me hungrier. I'm always scratching my head at seeing that other people eat this for breakfast. I would mow through my whole kitchen by 11 AM if I did that!

Polite spam! The best kind!

I have to be careful of fruit all the time. Something about it makes me want more! It's the one thing I can binge on, if I am not careful.
    Body Fat 30.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're starting to come to terms with your beach bod. I do agree with you though- just because you're smaller than the other guys on the beaches doesn't make your bod any more acceptable- yet. You definitely have to be proud of how far you've come though! You don't have that far to go to be there and you know that! Start looking in the mirror every day and appreciating the changes you've made instead of noticing the flaws that are still left. You're getting close brother!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whoever's job it is to wipe the journals clean of the SPAM that creeps in has a thankless job! Until now! Thank-you Spam-fighters!

It's funny ecks, I can turn this way or that when I look in the mirror and I look pretty good! Then I turn some other way and it's not so good, lol. But photographs tell a different story. Particularly ones in which you don't know you are being photographed.

SWMBO does the same thing, when she tries on an outfit and she likes what she sees in the mirror, she turns ever so slightly, lifts her shoulders and throws her hair back a smidge. When she doesn't like it, she turns straight at the mirror and slouches just a bit.

She asks me how she looks and I read her body language then give her the answer she is looking for. She really doesn't want my opinion, she wants her opinion in a deeper voice.
    Body Fat 30.5

Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast