Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 82

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    David you are doing so well!! Lovely to hear of your progress and the activity adventures you are having. It must feel so good to be able to play more and do things you enjoy without having to pass because of your health! Well done, you are inspiring!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Aww thanks Coll! I'm beginning to feel really good about getting into shape and being able to do things that I'd forgotten that I enjoy. It's like finding a box in the attic that you put away a quarter century ago and opening it up and playing with all the cool stuff inside.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

After tennis on Sunday, I was all kinds of sore, particularly in my shoulder, but today is much better! Just in time to go to training tonight and get beat up again, sigh...

I am making progress however. I'm going to have a weigh-in tonight, I believe. That will be interesting. I know I am building muscle, and I am smaller in the waist, so who knows what I will weigh? Oddly enough, I do not really care. I can feel the progress I am making and I've been so happy not stressing over the scale numbers, that I almost don't want to know. But I do.

Yesterday was a bad day eating wise. I fasted until dinner, as usual. When I got home I snacked on an ounce or two of walnuts and ate a mozzarella cheese stick that boy didn't eat in his lunch. For dinner I made g.f. hamburger with taco seasonings, but just as I was thinking about a vegetable, the phone rang and one of SWMBO's friends wanted us to meet them at the beach for a quick swim. So I set dinner aside and we went. It was nearly 8:00 when we got back. SWMBO and boy had tacos but I just ate half of the meat and some raw carrots. I also had some strawberries. That was it for the day! Less than 1100 calories.

I'm not particularly hungry right now, but I'd better find some lunch today, or I'll be worthless tonight at training. :-(
    Body Fat 27.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention but nice display pic david! Your face is really thinning out!

I think you'll be just as good with your workout today. I wouldn't stress out over eating a big lunch. You've been eating damn near keto so you should be able to use your own body fat for fuel. Keep at it brother!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thanks ecks! I just changed it. It's not like I take an unending string of selfies, but this morning my assistant/supervisor said "Wow, your face is really getting thin!" I guess since I shave that face every morning I don't notice the changes, day to day, but I do notice the difference between photographs taken a week or two apart from each other.

I went to the grocery store at lunch and they had Applegate farms organic smoked turkey breast, so I bought a package of that and wolfed it down, sitting in my car. Bon appetite!
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    What a great pic!!

Thanks! :-)

So my stats have been updated. I lost 5 lbs and my percentage of body fat went from 31.1 to 29.5 :-)

Happy happy happy!
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow! You must be so proud! And your trainer too. You've lost 60 lbs - YOW!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, my New England Protestant Ancestors have pretty well disabused me of any notion of pride in myself, but I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllyy happy about it!

Trainer Cliff is too!

I hadn't noticed that it was 60lbs! That's more than what Boy weighs!

Ironic, I still am mildly dissatisfied with my progress, slow and painful... But milestones are milestones (when they're not millstones) and I am glad that 60lbs. is gone and I can focus on the 60lbs ahead of me.
    Body Fat 27.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Dude you're about to leave the 230's! Take the victory!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast