Page 80 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 80

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So SWMBO has left for Orlando for the week, so I am Mom and Dad. The morning went well and Boy was successfully shipped off to camp, hopefully with the necessities of life with him.

Mondays are a weird day for me with the workout schedule, like an extra day off. I would've liked to take a long walk this AM, but instead, was support staff for SWMBO's early departure.

Oh, well, after yesterday's tennis, I am a bit stiff and sore. It's funny, but I am constantly stiff and sore! I think that as I get in better shape I push myself harder, which I guess is good, but I hope that eventually my fitness level will allow me sufficient activity without the pain and soreness.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Happy to report that Boy and I are both alive and well more than 24 hours after SWMBO left. Tonight will be a bit rushed, leave work early to pick Boy up from camp, race over to my workout (Boy looks forward to coming with me) then a quick wash-up and off to Chinese food, which is a tradition for he and I. Whenever SWMBO is gone, we get Chinese food and eat at the restaurant. He is very excited. It's fun.

I am also happy to report that as of this morning, nothing really hurts on my body! I'm certain that tonight's workout will fix that, but for one day, at least, I feel good and pain-free! It feels like progress.
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a regular play date with Boy? You should! He is at such a fun age.

Maybe tonight's workout will surprise you -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Boy and I are having more play time together. One of the driving forces behind getting me into shape is so I can play more with him. All during little league we threw a baseball any evening when he didn't have practice. Lately we have been playing tennis, and paddle ball (racquets, not much bigger than pin-pong paddles, made of plywood with a small, not especially bouncy rubber ball). We've been having a lot of fun.

The one thing we haven't been doing much lately during my workout is anything involving all-out running. My transition into the barefoot shoes is to blame. I hurt my feet in transitioning too quickly (on my own) and they've been slow to heal. But they are getting better and we've been working on changing my stride gradually to avoid landing on my heels.

So that will likely be what hurts tonight! And tomorrow!
    Body Fat 30.5

Speaking of Boy, who will turn 8 in a few weeks... SWMBO is away this week and so I have been taxiing him around to his things and he's been accompanying me to some of mine. This morning I brought him to the bus stop where he picks up the bus to go to day camp. I let him bring his iPad (my old one) and play while we wait. The bus is often late, so we have time there. This morning I was listening to the Morning Classics program on WMNR, a local public radio station. They were playing some classical piece. Boy looked up from his game and said, "Daddy, why is it that sometimes my eyes fill with tears when I hear classical music?" I looked at him and sure enough, he was all teary-eyed! :-)

I told him I wasn't exactly sure, but it happens to me too. He smiled and went back to his game.
    Body Fat 30.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    He's just like his daddy eh? It's awesome reading about how you two have been spending more time together- even if it is because of current circumstances of the other half being away.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Speaking of Boy, who will turn 8 in a few weeks... SWMBO is away this week and so I have been taxiing him around to his things and he's been accompanying me to some of mine. This morning I brought him to the bus stop where he picks up the bus to go to day camp. I let him bring his iPad (my old one) and play while we wait. The bus is often late, so we have time there. This morning I was listening to the Morning Classics program on WMNR, a local public radio station. They were playing some classical piece. Boy looked up from his game and said, "Daddy, why is it that sometimes my eyes fill with tears when I hear classical music?" I looked at him and sure enough, he was all teary-eyed! :-)

I told him I wasn't exactly sure, but it happens to me too. He smiled and went back to his game.
    OMG I love him. There is nothing better in this world than a sensitive man.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I love hearing that! There is some hope for this world after all!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I thought about this, off and on, all day long. When I picked him up in the afternoon, I asked him about it. He said, "it's like when you are really laughing hard and tears come. Because the music makes you happy."

Then he showed me all the ways he learned to make loud, flatulent sounds with his armpit, elbow and between his palms.

That's my boy!
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not much to report today, made Chicken Tikka Masala last night with some of the free-range, organic chicken I bought. I used legs and thighs (SWMBO is away and she doesn't like dark meat so I save that for me and Boy and we have it while she's away). It was delicious. I'm not sure there is such a difference in flavor between this Chicken and conventionally raised and processed chicken, but it was in Masala Sauce, so it's hard to say.

It was delicious, even Boy, who is suspicious of anything I cook, liked it.

Tonight is personal training again! I'm down another inch around my middle and am beginning to see where my muscles are in my arms and legs! If I stand in just the right light, I can see where, rumor has it, my upper abs might be. Still lots of fluff to clear away, but there is a physique hiding beneath the last 40 or 50 lbs!
    Body Fat 30.5

Page 80 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast