Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 78

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well yesterday's workout went really well! Since I go three times a week, every workout is a full-body workout because I get a full day of rest (at least between sessions). But each workout we focus on a single area, shoulders and back, lower body or chest arms and core.

Last night was shoulders and back and I think it's my favorite, though his goal is to work the areas to exhaustion. He is really good at it. We were talking about how personal trainer is sort of a new career and I disagreed saying that through history there were similar careers, though most involved wearing a black hood.

His place has no air conditioning but he has fans all over the place, which really does help. But I always leave there as wet as if I poured a bucket of water over my head.

But I am making progress. My shoulder is not so painful and I can do 10 inverted rows. Kinda like an upside down push-up hanging from a bar waist-high. When I started I could barely do three. Cliff remarked that I was indeed making progress.

I am really enjoying this! I can tell that my whole mood is improving as a result. Keeping to an eating plan is easier because I know it is in support of my overall fitness. I enjoy getting dressed because I know I look okay. I'm even more tolerant of the heat and humidity. Boy wanted to go out and play with a parachute-guy toy he got at a birthday party and we did, in the 90+ heat! I never would've done that before.

I am looking forward to slightly cooler weather though. SWMBO is gone next week, so I am Mom and Dad, so no early AM walks for me, but I do look foreword to getting out more soon!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Well yesterday's workout went really well! Since I go three times a week, every workout is a full-body workout because I get a full day of rest (at least between sessions). But each workout we focus on a single area, shoulders and back, lower body or chest arms and core.

Last night was shoulders and back and I think it's my favorite, though his goal is to work the areas to exhaustion. He is really good at it. We were talking about how personal trainer is sort of a new career and I disagreed saying that through history there were similar careers, though most involved wearing a black hood.

His place has no air conditioning but he has fans all over the place, which really does help. But I always leave there as wet as if I poured a bucket of water over my head.

But I am making progress. My shoulder is not so painful and I can do 10 inverted rows. Kinda like an upside down push-up hanging from a bar waist-high. When I started I could barely do three. Cliff remarked that I was indeed making progress.

I am really enjoying this! I can tell that my whole mood is improving as a result. Keeping to an eating plan is easier because I know it is in support of my overall fitness. I enjoy getting dressed because I know I look okay. I'm even more tolerant of the heat and humidity. Boy wanted to go out and play with a parachute-guy toy he got at a birthday party and we did, in the 90+ heat! I never would've done that before.

I am looking forward to slightly cooler weather though. SWMBO is gone next week, so I am Mom and Dad, so no early AM walks for me, but I do look foreword to getting out more soon!
    D, have you thought about using one of these?
    Amazon.com: ProActive Frogg Togg Chilly Pad (Blue): Sports & Outdoors

Hmmm, never have seen one before... Thanks! I will give one a try! I wonder if I could have a hat, T-shirt and shorts made of the material, Lol!
    Body Fat 27.5

So I realize that my Intermittent Fasting is really all about laziness. In reading through other people's journals I see what they prepare themselves for breakfast and lunch and I think, where do they get the time, to organize and shop and prepare all of these things?

Half of the reason I do the Warrior's Fasting or the 20-4 fast or whatever you want to call it is because I don't have the interest or energy to prepare and cook more than one meal a day. It's just handy that I can make and eat one big meal at night and still get adequate nutrition and lose weight.

I do manage to eat lunch a couple of days a week, mostly on training days. If I don't, I've found I poop out too soon and can't lift much.

Slow Friday afternoon... Everybody in the office has already left for the day. I'm here until the whistle blows in case the phone should ring. Mostly it doesn't and when it does it is typically one of our sales reps wishing me a good weekend...
    Body Fat 27.5

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    As far as eating lunch, I don't do it. If I get to feeling a bit puckish a few slices of natural salami take care of it. I don' think you are being lazy, I think every body has different requirements. It sounds like yours does just fine the way you are going.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I so admire that you can do the Warrior Diet - I would love to do that, but I was a miserable failure. I just have to eat more often. Guess I'm not a true Warrior You're right, it would save loads of time.

I have a similar towel thing, although mine is a fashionista-type one. I sleep with it on my chest with the fan blowing on it. Thanks to Coll for this tip!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I've never been much of a breakfast eater and I've always felt bad about that, well, because of conventional wisdom. But always ate a great big carby lunch then carb cycled my way through snacks all afternoon and a huge dinner and more snacks and crap all evening.

But with the IF, I don't eat breakfast at all, ever. Which is fine by me. On days that I don't eat lunch, I do get a bit hungry around 4:00. My only rule is that I don't eat until I get home. When I get home, I can pretty much eat whatever I want as long as its Primal. I only eat from 4:00 - 8:00. Eating only primal foods it's actually not so easy to eat 2000 calories. It's a lot of food. Generally I have a huge salad or vegetables, butter and a big portion of some meat. I also try to keep my carbs below 75 grams. I'm well satisfied by this. I go to bed early so I am not tempted to snack at night, and I need the sleep.

On training days it's actually harder because I will have lunch (600 - 800 calories, typically) and then I have to be careful of how much I eat at dinner. Those days I'm actually hungrier than when I don't eat lunch.

I wish I could work out in the morning, then I would be okay, I think. But it just doesn't work in my schedule.

But it really is working pretty well!
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That is great, and the best thing is that it is sustainable. You're not starving yourself or forcing yourself to eat or not eat.

If it is not too personal, what does SWMBO think of all this?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

She is generally behind it. She had little interest in the science behind it, but she's all for healthy eating and was never one for a lot of starches anyway. Since I do all, every single bit, of the cooking, she pretty much eats what is put in front of her. She eats breakfast, mostly yogurt, and eats lunch out at work, and eats whatever she wants.

Her big downfall is sugar, she puts it in coffee, still drinks soft drinks and binges on chocolate, or ice cream. She's only about 10 lbs over her ideal weight but is forever chasing it. Maybe when I get to within 10 pounds of my ideal weight she'll take it seriously.

But she is supportive of what I'm doing overall, which makes it easier.
    Body Fat 27.5

Not much to report today. Workout went well. I've been transitioning into barefoot shoes, so I haven't been doing much sprinting, which in this weather is fine with me. Today we worked the lower body, squats, dead lifts, lunges, etc.

It was hot and humid and I was totally wiped when I finished. I've been taking it easy all day. SWMBO and Boy went to Lake Compounce, an amusement and water park and report it was miserable. Thunderstorms are now coming in so hopefully it will cool things down a bit.

It's supposed to be a bit better tomorrow so hopefully I'll get in some tennis or a walk or both.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast