Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 77

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Actually we probably weren't given a choice, but I was even more contrary at that young age. I remember seeing the first group of my schoolmates finishing, and a few of them had really pushed themselves too hard and were vomiting and in distress. No way was I going to do that to myself. Now that I think of it, I am annoyed that fitness was presented to us in such a way.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I agree, the peer pressure was pretty intense. It was one of the first times I felt like a failure, and that feeling lasted a long time, some part of me still feels this way, part of my lifelong issues with my weight, no doubt. I am enjoying getting fit now, in my fifties and having my formerly fit and now fat friends scratch their heads in wonder. It's not where you start, but where you finish, I suppose!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I am impressed with how well you are doing David! It definitely is how you finish that counts!! You have come a long way and I am so glad those old friends are wondering what is going on - maybe some of them will even be curious enough to ask and change their lives.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

This is totally a different subject, but your comment reminds of me a lifelong issue for me, which is that I do and always have looked quite a bit younger than I am. When I was 16 I looked like I was 12. When I was 25 I looked like a teenager. It wasn't fun and I was teased unmercifully and usually in a rather mean-spirited way. But now...a few years ago when I was in my late forties a friend visited with her two daughters, both in their early twenties. A waitress mistook me for their sister. They compounded the situation by chiming in and saying they had noticed that I looked like them and they were making me their honorary sister. I thought the top of my friend's head was going to blow off. She was one of the worst at teasing me when we were younger.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I always looked younger than my years up until about 5 years ago when my hair started going grey. I had always been blonde, as a child I was a toe-head. It became more Ash-blond as I got older. With the grey mixed in my kids described my hair as colorless or beige. Lol.

In fact it is going silver, which I do not mind at all. But I have noticed that people are more aware of my age. However, since losing weight and becoming more fit, I have been told that I look younger. Looking younger is not really a goal for me. Looking healthy is.

But so far nobody had told me I look like my son's brother!

Christmas Carrolls.jpg
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    What a handsome trio, but that one in the middle, wowza!!

You really have done so great; kudos to your willpower!

Great pic, and so much humor! Strong resemblance.

It is interesting, but they each look like me in different ways, to the right of me as is Eldest and he looks much like I looked in my 20s with the long wild hair, still blonde. To the left of me (wearing the I <3 NY shirt) is Middlest, he looks like I did in my 30s with short hair, beard and glasses.

They're both 6'-2" (thanks bovine growth hormone in milk!)
    Body Fat 27.5

I take it you are Yankees fans?

As with everything else in my life, it's complicated... Growing up near New Haven I was just east of where being a Yankees fan was compulsory. But just west of where being a Red Sox fan is compulsory. The actual half-way point between Fenway park and Yankee Stadium along Rt. 95 is in Clinton, CT. Where I work. There's a bar there that makes a big deal of this when the two teams play each other.

Anyway, I grew up a Yankee fan and at my very core I still am. But SWMBO and the Outlaws are rabid Sox fans so I stay quiet.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast