Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 76

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Why? Play is an important part of primal living. Other than the chugging contests, it all sounds pretty okay to me.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Think about how this would have played out pre-weight loss, pre-training sessions. That will cheer you up!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    Siobhan: I actually shudder to think...

During the chicken fighting I remember thinking that I was putting my core muscles to good practical use! It was really a lot of fun! And worth the minor excruciating muscle pain! SWMBO was not really very sympathetic however. Oh well...
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Minor excruciating muscle pain? Is that an oxymoron?

You know what? You had to do it. You wouldn't be you if you didn't.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well I'm as big as an ox and can act like a moron for sure! ;-)

But I am getting smaller.

I was pleased to learn that everybody involved in the tipsy chicken fighting woke up the next morning stiff and sore. I was the oldest in the bunch by nearly 2 decades, so I guess that's not soo bad!

The soreness has all but passed. Tonight I have training again and I am ashamed to say that I really haven't been doing my daily walks (my "homework") because it's just been too freak'n hot and muggy :-P

Last night SWMBO texted me to say she and Boy were meeting friends of ours for dinner at a nice seafood place. I managed to navigate my way through the menu pretty Primally and the only real indiscretion was a small ice-cream cone at the end of the meal. It was a nice evening with good friends. Nice.
    Body Fat 30.5

I have been an absolute lump during this heat wave and can't really even think about doing anything. Even something like going to the beach and having a dip in the nice cool ocean, which I understand is currently quite a nice temperature. Must work on that.

I have fond memories of a seafood place I used to go to years ago with DH of blessed memory. They served the most delicious sourdough bread! I wonder if it would tempt me now or if I could pass it by without a qualm? I'll never find out since it is in southern California.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Double spammers!! I'm thankful we have central air. Last summer the unit needed more coolant and it was miserable. We even have the generator connected to them in case the power goes out.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

We are fortunate in that there are a lot of good seafood places around here. It's funny because though we're right on Long Island Sound, relatively little of the seafood served here is from local waters, it's too polluted. :-( We do eat local lobster (at our peril) but the good stuff comes from Maine or Boston, clams from Rhode Island, shrimp from the Gulf and most everything else from Ipswich or Chesapeake Bay area.

Still it's nice, eating Seafood by the Sea and to heck with the details. I do like the fact that much of the seafood is wild caught. Clams on the half shell (raw) are only 7 calories each so I can eat a dozen and then have a big salad and it's a nice light meal.

Last night I worked out in the heat, there's no air conditioning at his place, besides we did a bunch of stuff outside anyway. I soldiered on through, did pretty well too! I think working out in this heat and humidity qualifies me for that Presidential Physical Fitness Award that I didn't get in 1968 when I was in the third grade!
    Body Fat 30.5

I didn't get it either, David, being the contrary brat I was I refused to participate as I thought it was ridiculous. I was not an attractive kid. But you definitely deserve an award!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah it was the pull-ups and the 500 yard run that killed me, you had to do it under a certain time and I couldn't. :-(

I don't really remember being given a choice, we all just did it but only a few got the medal. I remember being very jealous.
    Body Fat 30.5

Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast