Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 73

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    The place I got it from is the manufacturer (Mars). I was reluctant to post it because I didn't want to sound like I was shilling. But it's CocoaVia.com

They sell it in sweetened and unsweetened forms. I got the unsweetened.
    I got mine from Amazon and its great in my morning coffee. Thanks for pointing my toward it David!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    You're welcome! I'm really enjoying it. I have it in my coffee in the morning as well. One of the benefits they mentioned in the study was healthier and thicker skin. I'm hoping it will help with loose skin as I lose weight.

With my training schedule I always have two days in a row off (Sunday and Monday) by Tuesday morning I usually feel pretty good! I'll have a whole week off because of the holiday. I'm going to focus on walking, some running and sprints and eating clean for the whole week.

I don't really do a whole lot over the Fourth, we have a family Picnic, but the food is pretty Primal Friendly and there isn't usually much pressure to eat much. So I usually do really well there and generally we do something athletic, softball or volleyball, which is welcome.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Not available in canada
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Well that's too bad... It's a new product so it may become available soon. I'm not sure there is any real difference between this product and whatever amount of dark chocolate you would have to eat to get the same amount of flavonols. Except that eating the chocolate gives you the sugar that I don't want while losing weight. Once I'm at my goal weight I'll likely just eat chocolate.

Had my training tonite, then again tomorrow and then not again until next week. Since we're doing two days back to back he did a lower body workout tonite then tomorrow it will be arms, shoulders and core. I enjoyed tonight's workout. Squats and dead lifts and some Yoga and stretching. Kinda low key.

But I am tired!
    Body Fat 27.5

Well I notice that my muscle soreness is less intense after workouts these days, so I guess that's progress. It also seems like I'm better able to get through workouts. He may be going easier on me too. What I like is that we're always doing different things, he really mixes it up.

One example: He had this decline bench thing where you would do sit ups. I got on that and sat up and he passed a medicine ball to me, which I caught and then holding it up over my head, went down into the sit-up position and I had to touch the ball to the ground behind my head, then sit back up and throw the ball back to him. It was fun!
    Body Fat 27.5

I know I've been going on an on about the training, but food has been good too recently. I was reading through random journals and there was discussion about feelings of deprivation particularly at the beginning of changing to Primal eating. I got thinking about this and wondered how I feel about it.

I acknowledge that I am no longer eating a lot of foods that I used to eat regularly and enjoy. Pizza, Cookies, Sweets of all kinds, Pasta dishes and nearly everything else. I can't say that I really miss them and I don't crave them, at least not very often.

I think that somehow in my mind I have convinced myself that these foods are poison and were killing me. So far I haven't been very interested in substituting Paleo-friendly foods for bad foods, just to have the experience of eating pancakes or chocolate chip cookies (for example). I don't miss these foods because I know that they were killing me. I'd rather eat eggs and bacon or meat and a veggie curry anyway.

My relationship with these other (bad) foods had a lot to do with nostalgia, comfort and safety. My Grandmother made me pancakes, and she wouldn't have fed me something that wasn't good for me, right? She made them with love and confidant in the knowledge that they were good wholesome food. In that context I ate them, and loved them. But now I know that the modern equivalents of these foods aren't good for me, and that changes everything. Somehow it makes it easier for me to give up at least the worst foods entirely.

Since I am beginning to make real headway in my weight loss, I am daring to wonder how my eating will need to change when I get to my "ideal weight." I don't even know what this is and it's still a long way off. But I've so fully changed my way of eating that I'm not sure how I will add calories back in.

I suppose I will worry about that happy problem when I am faced with it.

Right now I am just happy that I'm not struggling with cravings for foods that will kill me slowly.
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Eating can be so emotional, can't it? Something I struggled with my whole life. And it is one of the weirdest things that I don't really have cravings anymore. Certainly nothing like I used to! Not so long ago I would have driven 40 miles for a doughnut. I would have eaten strawberry jam out of the jar and eyed the Pepto Bismol bottle. Now, although I enjoy food very, very, very much, it doesn't have a hold on me. I remember my grandmother making oatmeal for my breakfast and wonder if I ever really liked it, or if I just ate it because she made it with such love. Although to give credit where it is due, Grandma would have been totally down with primal eating. She was a great believer in beef and bacon!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yep, eating has always been an emotional thing for me. It's taken me a long time to really understand my attachment to food (beyond survival). Fortunately I am practical enough to know not to eat things that are actually bad for me, even if I like them.

It gets a little more difficult when the foods are good for me, but I have to limit what I eat to lose weight. But eventually I'll be done with the weight loss and things will change in ways I'm not thinking about yet.

So I'm off of working out until Tuesday. It will give me a chance to rest and walk a bit. One of the things we're working on is learning to run in my barefoot "Minimus" sneakers. I have to adjust my running so that I strike more on the ball of the foot and less the heel (which I do now). So I'm starting by walking. I'm already feeling stiffness in my feet due to using different muscles. I'm also wearing different shoes to work and trying to get out to the beach to walk barefoot and maybe jog a bit too.

I just got a pair of New Balance Minimus cross trainers, they fit great!

I got on the scale on Wednesday and was 237, so a pound lower than I was last week! :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Minor triumphs edition.

I went to my families Fourth of July picnic on Saturday and the relatives many of them commented that I looked "fit" and "muscular" :-). So that was good. It was miserably hot, so we wallowed in the pool. I didn't feel like eating much, so I didn't. Eldest and Middlest sons were there and brought beer for me so I drank some, but that was about the extent of my transgression, well that and a chocolate chip cookie...

I played tennis this morning. It was so hot that I didn't last long. But I did work up a sweat. Not hard to do these days.

SWMBO and Boy went to a birthday party leaving me to do laundry and other chores. I decided to do some sets of assisted pull-ups. One of my goals in my physical training is to be able to do a full, unassisted pull-up. After 1 month of training I am on my way to be able to do one!

I bought a set of fitness bands (like a huge rubber band) that I hook over the bar and then set my knee into it. I had to use the one with the most force to assist me. I could still only do three at the start. But I've worked up to 10 now and switched to the next smaller band. I can only do six with that one. When I get to where I can do 10 I'll switch to the next band and so on. Just for grins and giggles I tried to do one unassisted and I still can't, but I can begin to lift myself! A big improvement!

Today I had a third of a pound of grass-fed ground-beef and some walnuts. It will be a light day food wise after the debauchery of yesterday.

DC
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the scale movement down and the pull-up movement up! It is also my dream to do an actual pull-up. Of course I have to try in order to do this, not just dream.

Good job on the party yesterday. I went to a party also, and was not even remotely tempted by the red dye colored hot dogs (Why? Why? I ask you!) Of course I would not touch wheat or I would have been out in the woods behind a tree in a most undignified position. I drank a ton of water, something I normally have to be forced to do, but it is so bloody hot that I seem to be able to down water with impunity and not even have to pee.

I wish I had a kayak.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast