Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 72

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I know that for myself, I can't sleep well if I am too hungry. I can fall asleep but not stay asleep. In my youth, going to bed hungry was no problem, but in my middle age, forget it! Quite a few times I got up in despair after an hour or two and ate something.

I've been soaking my feet in epsom salts before bed also. Sure feels good!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting stuff ecks! I've been really sleeping hard and I'm not aware of being restless, but in the morning I'm really groggy for a good half-hour (which is not characteristic for me). I thought it was that I was so exhausted from working out that 8-hours of sleep was just not enough. But I'm not sure that's right.

Another Idea I have had is that I'm so used to 6-1/2 - 7 hours of sleep which I had for many years, that I'm just not used to longer sleep periods. Maybe my sleep cycles haven't adjusted yet to the new schedule?

I don't really have a real good before sleep regimen. I like the idea of the Epsom salts, Siobhan. I don't watch TV, but I do read before bed using my iPad, so I can stop that.

One issue will change by itself, my training has been Tuesday and Thursday 7:00 - 8:00 pm, which puts it and dinner much later than I would like it. But he just asked me last night if I'd consider going to 5:00 - 6:00. Yes! I would!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    David! No iPad before bed!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    See if your ipad has the equivalent of f.lux. My android phone has an f.lux like app. At least it'll remove most of the blue light and slow down any impedance of melatonin production.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I didn't see anything in the App store about that... :-(

Most nights lately I'm so tired that I can pretty well dispense with the reading. My problem is rarely getting to sleep, unless I have something on my mind, more often it is waking periodically during the night. I'm rarely awake long, but long enough to come to full consciousness.

I'm tired today, but I wonder if that is because during my training I was worked to exhaustion?

TMI alert! We did wind-sprints backwards uphill! I have whole new muscles in my A$$ that I was unaware of before that hurt!
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Hey David, you are doing so great, dude. I grin while reading your journal and seeing your sweet face.
    I am hooked on the iPad at bedtime too. I dial back the brightness in tools to about 1/3 and that works well for me.
    I just have to stay alert enough to power it down because I don't move it very far away from us sleeping,
    and DH is always reminding me that he doesn't want a brain tumor from 'that thing'

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    *settings, not tools

Thanks Judy! I'll give that a try!
    Body Fat 27.5

Today is an off day, so no workout. But Boy had his tennis lesson and SWMBO and I played tennis. The parents of one of the other students were there and I played with the father, we are pretty evenly matched, though he is young and fit and I'm not. We volleyed for a half-hour and I was exhausted and drenched in sweat! We went out to breakfast afterward, all of us, and I had to stop and buy a new t-shirt on the way so I'd be presentable.

It was fun, but I'm pretty beat. This afternoon it's off to the Outlaws for a swim and not a whole lot else.
    Body Fat 27.5

So I managed to eat healthfully at the Outlaw's house, given the choices presented to me. Always a triumph. They are getting along in years and as such, they are more often into simple foods, rather than casseroles and heavy pasta dishes. All good news for me.

Today I'm just going to rest. I'm sore in so many places and really just exhausted. This week, my trainer is off so I'll go from Tuesday to the next Tuesday without any sessions. I'll have to figure out what to do during this time as far as workouts go. I'm sure he'll give me "homework."

I have my weigh-in on Tuesday and he's going to do my percentage of body fat. He uses one of those handheld impedance measurers, which are not terribly accurate but will show a difference from reading to reading. What's in my signature line is based on the circumference method, so its bound to be a bit different. I'll update my numbers with his readings tomorrow.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast