Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 7

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So food today was great! Clams and spinach for breakfast, sausage and cabbage for lunch and hamburger and a BAS for dinner and an apple and some walnuts for dessert. I feel good!

I love Sundays. SWMBO takes young Son to tennis lessons and they hook up with friends and go have lunch, so it gives me a bunch of time to get projects done or to avoid doing same. Today I have successfully avoided doing lots of things.

I did make a nice omelet for breakfast and had some poached salmon for lunch.

It's 90-degrees and humid, so I've not even poked my head outside. I really do not like the heat very much, and would much prefer to be cold than hot. Soon enough it will be fall, so I do not complain loudly.

Today, of course is dinner at the outlaws. I will enjoy going swimming, they have a nice in-ground swimming pool and central air, so on a day like today it is appreciated.

I am trying to add a signature block, so this is a test more than anything.

I don't know if it was the heat or what but I didn't feel well last night. So I didn't eat much of the disgusting meal served at the outlaws, kind of a mix between sweet and sour pork and chop suey. The nutritional info on the packet of sauce said it was 21 grams of carbohydrate per tablespoon...meh!

I skipped the chow mien noodles, scraped off as much of the sauce as I could without drawing attention to myself and passed on drinks and dessert.

I got home at 8:30 and went to bed right after putting boy to bed. I feel better today.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Todays been an uber stressful day at work... Our sales manager is in the office this week and that always shakes things up, for the better really, but there is always a lot to do. Two of the other sales staff are out too, and the phone has been ringing off the hook.

I went out to lunch with the Sales Manager, had a salad with chicken breast and a Guinness, but only one.

The afternoon is going by slowly, very slowly. I'm hungrier than I was last week when I was IF-fing... :-(

My problem with IF-fing is that I dont eat enough at dinner to make up for what I should've eaten throughout the day and oddly I stop losing weight. All that fasting and then a normal sized dinner, maybe 1200 calories and I only lost .4 lbs this week. So I am going to try a week of regular eating 2000 cals a day (about) to see if it makes a difference.

One thing is that I continue to look thinner and that is making me feel better. Dunno what's going on with my weight but really what's important is how I feel and look.
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 08-06-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am interested to see what happens when you eat more calories, it doesn't seem like 1200 is enough. Are you getting enough fat? (I say that to everyone, don't mind me, I'm a busybody who believes in fat!)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I think I have been getting enough fat, light cream in coffee, I snack on nuts (organic walnuts and macadamias) cook with butter (Kate's from Maine) and EVOO and have been adding coconut oil to stir fries where appropriate. But eating one meal a day you really have to eat big to get enough calories, not to mention the 115 grams of protein I'm supposed to be eating. I clearly didn't think it all through, so now on most days I'll eat three meals and have one or two days where I do the IF.

Moderation. Not a strong point for me.

So today's food:

B: 4-egg omelet with salsa cooked in butter
    L: Chicken Caeser Salad, hold the croutons, pint o' Guinness (I know...)
    D: Grass fed pot roast (about 8 oz) with cabbage, carrots, stir-fried spinach with garlic and walnuts and a few raisins and for dessert a square of 70% dark chocolate, approximately 2 oz.

Later I'll punch the totals into Fitday and see what's what. It seemed like a lot of food.
    Body Fat 27.5

So last night I had the runs :-(. Lots of people at work are sick, late summer colds. I've been feeling tired and unsettled in my stomach since Sunday, but nothing major. This morning again I am a bit unsettled, but okay. I went for a walk, a nice slow one, my four-mile route. It was lovely.

So I've been thinking about my protein intake and I think it's been too low. Based on the formula given elsewhere on the site, I calculate my requirements at about 115 grams a day. I do not believe I often get there, looking back on my diet logs in the past, I rarely exceeded a hundred. So I guess I will add in a protein shake once a day. I bought a bunch of organic, grass-fed whey protein powder a while back and this morning mixed some up with some coconut milk. It tasted pretty good and added 20 grams of protein.

Last night my SO went out to the garden to see how the tomatoes are doing, she came in with a half dozen bell peppers, a mess of green beans, reports of large watermelons and she lost count at over a hundred tomatoes! Wow! It's a tiny little garden and we've really neglected it but with the weather we've been having (warm and wet) it's going to town!
    Body Fat 27.5

Last night's food was a nightmare. Primally speaking. I was perfect all through the day and then my Cousin, a computer whiz came to the house to upgrade my computer with a file server (very cool) and update the wireless network and install a network printer etc. We had to run wires and configure stuff so SWMBO got pizza for all of us. I ate some. At first I considered picking off the toppings and tossing the crust, but in the end just munched it all down. Funny thing, I didn't feel at all bloated or any of the things that folks report upon eating wheat products after eating clean for months. I never really experienced the gluten intolerance that some report.

I have always had bit of heartburn if I eat whole wheat bread. But the pizza wasn't whole wheat.

Today I skipped breakfast (not hungry) and have a good clean lunch. Tonight will be better.
    Body Fat 27.5

This morning I didn't wake up in time to take my usual morning walk but having no lunch date today I decided to take myself on a walk. Very hot and humid, but I didn't get as sweaty and stickey as I had guessed. One leg of my walk takes me right along the shoreline (Long Island Sound) and there was a nice breeze, it was low tide so it smelled of shellfish (made me hungry...) might have to stop for some more CLAMS for dinner.

Now I am back in my nice air conditioned office. All things being equal I'd just as soon be sweating in the heat...
    Body Fat 27.5

Gosh, I am a senior member now! I don't feel senior...

I will try to use this distinction and its authority wisely!

Get off my lawn!!!
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast