Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 67

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So today was my first real workout with my trainer. I think it went really well! We did a bunch of exercises in circuit training. All with a conscious effort to exhaust me (that worked) while not hurting my shoulder. Most of the exercises were quite Primal in nature, planking, lifting kettleballs, planking, walking up and down hill carrying a log over my head (okay the log was a 3-foot long capped drainpipe filled with sand) and more planks. We talked about nutrition and he's totally okay with what I am doing (which is good because I wouldn't change it anyway), and he seems like a generally nice guy.

I told him there are a couple of weeks when SWMBO will be away and is it okay to bring boy, and he said sure, his kids often come during the day when their Mom needs to be spelled.

So it's all good. I have a great sense of relief that I am finally doing something positive about my health and fitness :-D

I am however a sweaty sore shell of my former self, but in a good way!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That sounds seriously fun although very hard!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah, he's all about core conditioning! Other than some light shoulder exercices with dumbbells, we didn't really do any weights at all. Most everything was done with body weight (which I have in abundance).

Speaking of weight, he took mine on his scale and it was 240. So only up 4 pounds from my low last summer! He said he'll take my weight periodically, so I won't. Problem solved!
    Body Fat 27.5

This is fantastic! I am really, really jealous. Hmmm, need to at least ask at the Y about personal trainers. We don't have any other gym here.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

There are actually a bunch of these places, small gyms owned by a Physical Therapist or Personal Trainer. The gyms often participate in these extreme fitness challenge competitions. But they (some of them also have regular clients, who pay the bills). There may well be something like it up your way. This place I found doing a web search for Personal Trainers.

It's expensive, compared to the Y, I'm a member there too, but I rarely go, we joined for SWMBO and Boy to swim. But I realized I needed my hand held a bit. Paying the money will help me take it seriously, I hate wasting money.

I feel good! But tired, nothing is sore yet, though my shoulders are really fatigued.

Next session on Tuesday after work!
    Body Fat 27.5

So only a little soreness in my shoulders and quads (lunges-ick!). Beyond that just the sort of pleasant stiffness that reminds you that you worked out.

I went again to Boy's tennis lesson and played a bit. I really have missed playing all of these years. Once again we met the same friends who took us to yet another tennis country club to see if we liked it. This is the clear winner of the three we've looked at. A beautiful place. We're going to inquire about joining, I think.

I'm going to go out for a walk now, though I did do some running around. I'm pretty tired, tomorrow will be a day of rest for me as I will be traveling for business all day and won't be able to fit a workout in at either end of the day, so it's a rest day.

I think I need it! :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Do they have lots of indoor courts? So you can play through the winter?

Nothing wrong with a rest day!

No, this is strictly a Memorial Day to Labor Day club. We do have those that are year round with indoor courts but they are twice as expensive and on top of the dues, you have to rent court time. Very pricey!
    Body Fat 27.5

Mmmm wine and Spam!
    Body Fat 27.5

Hey! My spammer didn't leave a waving smiley! Or maybe they are recycling yours?

Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast