Page 65 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 65

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    This morning I took my 4-mile walk and then finally made time to download an app for my phone that allows you to build custom workout routines and has a timer built-in to time breaks between sets. I set it up to do the workout that I once got while working with a personal trainer some years ago and it works great! So now I'm all set, I'll do the workout 3 days a week, walk/sprint 2 days a week and a long walk (5 miles +) once a week and the remaining day is just a rest day.

My food is going along fine, doing the Warrior diet is so easy! I doubt it's for everybody, but it does seem to be working for me.

I've dropped a pants size! Yay!!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    I've dropped a pants size! Yay!!
    Way to go David!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I am so glad to hear things are going well.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

The long weekend was nice! I'm working on several home renovation projects and got some significant time in on them. Feels good to be productive. I did a lot of walking, every morning about 4 miles. I also lifted weights.

I installed a chin-up bar in the basement, I bought it ages ago, but needed some special hardware so I could remove it when I'm not using it, so it isn't a bump-your-head hazard. Once it was up I tried it out and I cannot even do one pullup. In fact, I'm not even close to being able to to one. :-( Just hanging off the bar hurts, so I'll have to figure out some sort of progressive way to work up to them. Seems to me that in one of Mark's books he had some method.

In doing them, or trying to, I pulled an abdominal muscle, not badly, but it's sore enough so that I'm glad today is my rest day!

This morning it really doesn't hurt but I'm going to go easy on abdominal exercises for a couple of days to be sure.
    Body Fat 30.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Kipping- that's your progression.

CROSSFIT: Kipping Pullup Tutorial Video - YouTube
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I've found that the best way for people to learn pullups is by doing "negatives"; use a chair or something to get up to the pull up position, then lower yourself down as slowly as possible. Keep your feet on the chair at first if necessary.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Thanks Ecks and Mr. Anthony! I will incorporate both ideas into my workouts. I'm assuming that at the same time I am building strength, my losing weight will make it easier. But it was surprising I couldn't even lift myself a little!

Onward! (And upward!)
    Body Fat 30.5

This morning's workout was disrupted by changing schedules, SWMBO had to get up and leave abruptly to cover a trade conference at the last minute, so I had to get Boy dressed and off to school solo. So no walk or weight lifing. The rest of my day is busy and I'm not sure I'll get to working out until tonight, if at all.

I know missing a single workout is not really a big deal, but I like to do something intentional for my health every day. Just for the sake of continuity. I once read in some health book somewhere that every derailed fitness program started with a single missed workout.

Food has been good lately, still doing the Warrior diet, using Primal foods, trying to keep my calorie totals near, but not above 2000. It's all good. I've really hit my stride with the fasting during the day schedule. I'm rarely hungry, and if I am I have some water or coffee and I'm okay.

The biggest change in all of this is that I am never sleepy during the day, and I have a lot of energy. It's amazing how the body can adapt to nearly any schedule.
    Body Fat 30.5

Well it was a nice weekend. I've decided that now that I am feeling better, I need to get out of the house and do more things. Boy has tennis lessons on Sunday mornings so I decided to join him and SWMBO. I played tennis all through High School and College but haven't really played very much since. But there were courts open and SWMBO and I hit the ball around for half an hour and I was amazed at how much I remembered.

It was really fun.

When we were finished we met up with friends and we drove around looking at local tennis/swimming clubs to see if we would like to join. They are pretty expensive, but the two we saw were beautiful and had great courts and pools as well as all kinds of picnic areas and activities for Boy (camp programs etc.) We're seriously considering it. One of the clubs has a lot of families from Boys school, so we saw several people we are aquainted with. Playing tennis is much better when there are lots of people to play with and I think I'd find people.

It was also nice to be with people, I've kind of shut myself off from everybody this Winter, getting out and doing some fun activity that supports my weight loss, was really fun!

People are really beginning to notice my weight loss now, which is nice.
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hope you join the club, I bet you will enjoy it. They probably have a round robin, right? So you always have someone to play with. And it will be great for Boy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold