Page 64 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 64

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night, I broke my long fast with a cup of yogurt, then some Chicken Tikka Masala, and a salad, which included some fresh Mozzerella cheese from a local farm, drizzled with some EVOO. The meal was nearly picture-worthy.

This morning was rushed, but I did manage to get a 4-mile walk in, but got caught in a thunderstorm and got as wet as I have ever been (unintentionally). Fortunately I was just a half-mile from home on my way back when the sky opened and drenched me.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

canio6 Guest
    See, nature provided a shower, just like Grok would take

Dang, it now I want Tikka Masala.

right...back to lurking...

Coll is offline Senior Member
    mmm, that meal sounds heavenly! That rain sounds fun - especially since you were almost home When you have a long way to go it isn't nearly as much fun...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking it is not yet quite warm enough to enjoy a natural shower!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well when I walk I often do a bit of all out sprinting. There is a part of my usual walk that takes me through a town park (I've mentioned it before) and there are certain spots where I typically sprint. I've been going really slow with this because I have hurt myself in the past doing this. But yesterday I felt good and did a 30-second sprint, three times. The final one was really full out! It felt great! But after that I began to sweat uncontrollably so whatever the temperature was on the outside, inside me the cool rain was welcome.

Not much to report, last night's dinner was a half pound of GF hamburger, sauteed with some kale and cauliflower left over from other meals. Spiced up with some Cayenne. Tasty and filling. Some dark chocolate and cherries found their way in too!

This morning, I just did my calisthenics. It was raining and while being caught in the rain during a walk and making the best of it is one thing, purposefully walking outside in the rain is another. Hopefully I can get a short walk in during my lunchtime.
    Body Fat 30.5

Dinner tonight was a beautiful pair of Rib-eye (grass fed) steaks and a ton of steamed broccoli! It was wonderful! Even SWMBO who would be a vegetarian liked it!

That is all!
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Beef! It's what's for dinner.

One thing I don't like about working nights is that I never really get to sit down and enjoy a meal, especially one involving steak. I'm always eating on the run. But maybe tomorrow night a steak will be in the works.

You are doing so great!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks! Well I just got back from my walk, today was my wind sprint day this time I got to a full out sprint twice in six attempts (which were just shy of full out). It was great! I do not have the stamina to sprint for more than a very slow count of ten, but I am making progress. I don't lift weights on sprinting days. So I basically do four weight lifting days, two sprinting days and a day of rest (or just a walk).

It feels good.

I'm still doing the warriors diet, eating only between 5:00 and 8:00, but trying to get 1500 - 2000 calories in during that one meal. I'm really adjusting to it. It's easy to integrate Primal foods into this since Protein and Fat are so calorie-dense. I also eat a big plate of steamed veggies. I kinda like eating this way. Fortunately summer is a slow time for trade shows and business meetings, so I haven't had to contend with business lunches much. When I have I just eat as best I can and at my normal dinner time just have a small portion of meat or yogurt.

This week I haven't felt hungry or tired at work, which was great! Last week I did, but also I was weaning myself down from 6 or more (really) cups of coffee down to two or sometimes three, so that withdrawal may have accounted for some of last week's loopiness.

I feel like I'm doing well. Particularly so after what was a difficult Winter.

One of my great triumphs has been not weighing myself. I got really obsessive with scale weight and that made me crazy(er). I'm now withing a belt loop or two of my smallest, achieved last summer. So I know I am losing fat, which is what matters!

Thanks for the support Siobhan!
    Body Fat 30.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm I always feel like a king when I do warrior fasts. I sit down for dinner with a barn's worth of animal and a big ass salad and go to town on it!

Congrats on avoiding the scale. I had the best thing in the world happen to me a few weeks ago with mine- battery died! I'mma let it go for a while.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, the scale thing was driving me crazy, I wasn't able to control how often I weighed myself. I tried weekly, but always peeked (often every day). Then I finally just said fine! I'll weigh myself everyday. Of course your weight fluctuates and everytime I weighed myself and I guessed my weight would be lower and it went up I got discouraged.

It was really disheartening. I'd have one bad day and my weight would rocket up 5 pounds! Sometimes it took me two weeks to lose it again.

Of course the long term trend was lower, but I didn't see it for the daily fluctuations.

So now weighing myself isn't part of my plan at all. I'm not even taking measurements. The only way I know I am losing weight is by how my clothes fit. So far it is working and my stress level is way better. I'd leave the batteries out a good long while.

Good for you for breaking your plateau!
    Body Fat 30.5

Page 64 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast