Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 62

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The app has been terrible! I was on the android app and it's slow as junk... Deleted that quickly... It lasted 2 days on my phone
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Been a good week food-wise, so-so for exercise. It has been a struggle for me to make time to walk and work out. Still I've enjoyed it when I was able to. It's just a busy time.

This weekend starts early for me. Middle Boy graduates from UMass tomorrow so I go up for the ceremony, then a family friend's wedding on Saturday afternoon in NH. Then a wedding brunch Sunday AM and then drive back to have a Mother's day dinner with SWMBO, Boy and the Outlaws Sunday afternoon!

For weekends like these I make my best attempt to eat Primally given the choices, and I just don't eat at all otherwise. So I'll eat a late dinner Friday, no breakfast or lunch Saturday, a late restaurant dinner Saturday night, Sunday Brunch and Dinner.

Sigh... I'll do my best!

Have a good weekend everyone!

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Well the weekend was very busy, mostly driving. Graduation was weird, the picnic was hosted by my ex-wife and her husband, nice people. My two older boys and their Grandmother were there. She never thought much of me. But it was nice, and I am very proud of my graduate son. I did feel very awkward being there and pretty lonely. SWMBO and Boy weren't there, they had a full weekend of sports stuff and an unwillingness (on SWMBO's part) to take part in an event that would be attended by my ex.

The wedding was equally weird, except for the bride and the maid of honor, I really didn't know anybody there. I'm not sure why I was invited. I tried to make myself useful. I was supposed to stay the night at the hotel where everybody was crashing. But I was worried that I'd be late getting home and SWMBO and her parents who had already changed their plans from brunch to dinner to accomodate me, were going to dinner for Mother's Day. So after leaving the reception at midnight, I canceled my reservation and drove the three and a half hours home.

The next morning Boy, who was overjoyed that I was home, woke me up after only 3 hours of sleep. Later, I found that SWMBO had not changed their plans and brunch was going to happen at 11:00. I guess she assumed I wouldn't get back in time, so why bother changing it. But I was a bit puzzeled why she didn't just tell me that.

We were discussing my going to the brunch, but the reservation was already for 6 people and the restaurant was very busy. It was all moot anyway, because our tenant called just then and said she had no hot water. I checked in the garage, where the hot water heater is and it was flooded and the unit was shot. So I spent the day replacing it.

During all of this I ate almost nothing, I drank a good bit (too much) at the wedding, but only picked at the food (picnic fare). Sunday I ate nothing at all, except some coffee. I was too exhausted.

Monday was better. I took a nice walk. This morning I did my calisthenics and lifted some weights. I'll walk at lunch.

We move on.
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 05-14-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Body Fat 30.5

Took a great walk this morning! It was beautiful outside. I got to watch the sunrise over the river and two herons have taken up residence near the bridge!

A beautiful day!
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    So glad you had a nice walk. When I read about it, I had a vivid picture pop into my head of my own heron-sighting place, a little causeway just a short way down the road. There is usually a heron or two hanging around there, and other beautiful shore birds. It is so great to live near the ocean, isn't it?

What a good landlord you are! I'm sure your tenant appreciates you very much, especially this morning when she took a hot shower.

Your story of the weekend reminds me of something that happened to me a long time ago. I was dating a man with whom I had a nice but tenuous relationship - he was mercurial in his moods, brooding, etc. Not my type. Anyway, he took me to a very upscale charity event, dinner, dancing, etc. and spent a lot of time telling me that his former girlfriend, a beautiful Chinese woman who had done some modeling, would also be attending. For some reason I am almost oddly unjealous, and I looked forward to meeting her. When we arrived, I spotted her immediately. She was sitting alone and I went over and introduced myself, complimented her on her dress (stunning) and we got to talking about girl stuff very quickly. She got the seating changed so that we could sit together and it was a lot of fun. My date was furious! I think he was hoping for a cat fight or something. He hated it when I took charge of things. Anyway, that was the beginning of the end of that relationship, such as it was! Don't know why your story reminds me of that, maybe the puzzlement factor.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Lol, probably because I can be mercurial and brooding! ;-)

Food is going well and exercise is too! I've been walking daily (sometimes maybe too much) and I am now lifting heavy things. Mostly just my own bodyweight, sit-ups and planks (ugh!) and push-ups. But I've dusted off my weight set and and doing squats and some arm and shoulder work too.

Feels good!
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Spring does wonderful things to the psyche, doesn't it? Nothing like that sunlight pouring down on us for many hours a day.

I keep starting to do more squats, lunges, etc., and I'm always put off by the muscle aches. I am such a wuss. I should welcome it, it means I'm working!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm not really sure what got me re-invigorated, but I feel good, I'm tired all the time at night, but I'm sleeping well, which is nice. I'm trying to take it slow so that I don't get hurt or so sore that I'm unable to keep at it. I've found several apps for my iPad that walk through the reps and build up as I get better.

But there certainly has been a change in my willingness to work out! Happy!
    Body Fat 30.5

Another long walk today and some weight lifting (chest & back). I'm back on the Warriors diet, which means little or no food during the day and a big meal at night. But I am doing it with PB eating principles. It took a couple of days to get used to it, but now I am and I feel better. Since most of my sloppy eating happens at lunch, it works out well for me. I didn't go out to lunch at all this week. The Warriors Diet allows fruit or salad or yogurt during the day if you get hungry, but so far I am good.

The other big change I have made is to really drink a lot less coffee and beer and a lot more water. So far that's going great! I'm surprised I'm not peeing way more though, I guess I was really dehydrated! Still haven't weighed myself, but I am getting thinner as evidenced by my clothes.

Beautiful day today!
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So yesterday I lifted weights, like I said, and went for a walk. I decided to walk until I felt really tired, to see how far it would be. Turns out it is nine miles! I plugged my route into Map my run dot com. Works like a charm! When I got home my feet were really sore but I wasn't really exhausted.

I slept really well and woke up feeling a bit stiff, but not really sore. So I did my weight lifting, arms and shoulders and some squats and push-ups. I decided on a short walk, but ended up doing 3-1/2 miles.

I'm really committed to losing all of my weight now. I think so many of my emotional issues, (Siobhan you were eerily on base about the mercurial and brooding comment) are rooted in being angry with myself at not taking care of myself. So that needs to be fixed.
    Body Fat 30.5