Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 60

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, I don't blow over easily in the wind!

That's pretty much the same concluson I came too. I'll have to limit my barefooted frolics to soft grassy lawns and warm sandy beaches.

I've heard of the electrical thing for years now. I haven't read in depth the science behind it but my work involves high voltage electronics and I have lots of pricey measurement equipment at my disposal. So it is interesting to me. I'll have to read up on it.

There's lots of argument about accurate ways to measure electrical potentials that humans may store capacitively. Since our skin basically acts as a resister, we do not pick up the full potential of environmental charging and we continually partially discharge to grounded objects we are near to or making contact with.

Since current flowing during this charging and discharging is below the reaction level (about .5/1000 of an Ampere), we are generally not even aware of it. Sometimes we are (like when we walk across a rug and touch something at a lower potential and discharge into it painfully).

It's best to not get me started... I'm sure I've blown many dates about the time they ask, "so what do you do for a living?"

But no matter, there is an undeniable feeling of well being touching the Earth. Swimming in the ocean also provides this, in an efficient form. Lakes too and rivers. Pools too I imagine.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm very interested in all this stuff - basically anything that isn't CW is interesting to me. Years of working in a hospital has convinced me that we are, collectively, barking up the wrong tree with most of CW medicine. It's great for certain things, but wellness is not one of them.

I was talking with some co-workers about lightning strikes a while ago, and we were wondering why people are told not to shelter under trees, and why the charge jumps from the tree to a person. I guessed that it is because human beings are much better conductors than trees are, but I really have no idea. And when I worked at a large and very famous hospital in Boston I used to see a lot of electrocution victims - often cable workers. Although it was quite horrible, it was also fascinating. Okay, I'm going to a morbid place here. Switching gears - I am convinced there is something special about contact with the earth and bodies of water. It's not just imagination. When I was a kid I spent hours sitting or lying or running on the earth, and as an adult it is something I stopped doing, as do most adults. In southern California I used to walk barefoot on the beach year round but that is not possible in most places. Okay, I have gone on long enough. Oh, one more thing - the Earthing book is mostly just a lot of 'testimonials' from people who supposedly experienced huge benefits from sleeping grounded. Really no science. Just a lot of "Jim Smith from Podunk, Ohio cured his a-fib after sleeping grounded for two weeks. The doctors were astounded." Save your money.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Lightning takes the "path of least resistance" between the charged clouds and Earth ground. Air is relatively high in resistance, arcs (lightening) will more readily track across a dielectric (non-conductive) surface than through air. They will travel even more readily though conductive materials. So lightening will strike the tallest structure, or will jump from structure to structure to utilize the path with the lowest total resistance to ground. If you happen to be a segment of that path, it will end badly for you.

I remember some years ago a lightning strike behind my house. It was amazingly close, like an explosion! The next morning, I went out to see what had been hit. A fairly tall spruce tree was hit and it vaporized a one inch strip of bark exposing the white wood beneath the all the way down to the ground. At the base of the tree was a crater in the ground about three feet in diameter, and a foot deep. In the bottom of this hole was an old buried wire that went to a long forgotten pump that pumped water up from a stream at the foot of the hill. The pump was long gone but the wire was still there, ending in the water. The neutral wire had a pinhole burn in it where the lightning actually struck. There were shorter paths it might have taken, in terms of distance, but this one was lowest in resistance so bang!
    Body Fat 27.5

Well I slept too late for a long morning walk, guess I have to get to bed earlier...

All of my adult life I woke up naturally between 5:00 and 5:30, bounded out of bed and was ready to start the day. Starting this past Winter I have been sleeping in more, 'til 6:00 or 6:30. I have had trouble to wake up that extra hour earlier (which gives me time for a walk). I go to bed typically by 9:30, read awhile and go to sleep by 10:30 or 11:00. Like I have done forever.

I'm glad for the extra sleep, I am sure it is healthier, it just makes it hard to have time for purposeful exercise.

I did however have time this AM for the Calisthenics and enjoyed them. FatKitty wants to be involved in any activity that takes place on the floor, which proved to be an impediment, and my form suffered for it, particularly when she sat next to my head for sit-ups and tapped my forehead with each rep. I started chuckling-- Just try to do a sit-up while laughing!

She thinks I am crazy. Likely she's right.
    Body Fat 27.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    FatKitty is simply counting your reps for you! She's helping you take mental note of each rep so you don't lose count.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    FatKitty is simply counting your reps for you! She's helping you take mental note of each rep so you don't lose count.
    LOL. Exactly what I was thinking
    I love cats so much.

How fortunate to have your own private personal trainer! My own furry creatures are either overly helpful or completely appalled by my physical efforts, as I suspect is common among pets. I'm surprised FatKitty is not also your alarm clock. Maybe if you get up at 5:30 AM for a week and fed her right away, she will then take it upon herself to make sure you are always available to do so. (There is a reason that I have learned to sleep with covers and sometimes a pillow over my head.)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

She's a bit too tubby these days to fit through the bars of the gate at the top of the stairs, used to keep boy from tumbling to his death if he should get up in the night. (SWMBO is very protective). Fatkitty does yowl to wake me up around 5:30 to remind me that it is a new day and that the dry food in her dish has become poisonous overnight and that fresh food is required now!

But lately I sleep through it.
    Body Fat 27.5

Ah, so she's trying and failing - a disgrace to catdom! I'm sure you've seen this -

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol, no, I haven't seen those, but every single one of them is spot on!

This was a difficult week at work! Lots of interpersonal drama, but not that involved me personally, but involved coworkers and management, since I am a family member of the owners, but not management I get it from all sides. Lots of tension! I am glad it's the weekend.

I had Sashimi for lunch on Friday. I assume it's Primal Friendly, just cut up bits of raw fish, no rice or seaweed. The sake was not so good primal wise, but that was for my soul :-)

Dinner was a chicken breast salad that SWMBO made, by made of course I mean picked up on the way home. I had to pick out all of the croutons, and used just olive oil and ACV to dress it. That and some Strawberries were dinner. I didn't run my totals but I believe I did alright for the day.

Today I'll take a nice long walk and work on unclenching a bit from the frustrations of the week.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast