Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 59

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I used to live in Buckhead! Many, many years ago. I'm sure it is very different now. If there had been a Bones, maybe I wouldn't have left.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I thought Bones had been there forever, but I don't really know when they opened. It's a great steakhouse. My all-time favorites are Gallaghers in NYC (which is threatening to close) and Manny's in Minneapolis. But I've been to a hundred nice ones all over the world.

It's been a great couple of days exercise-wise. I've been walking before work 3 - 4 miles and I downloaded some apps that start at your own level and bring you gradually up to 100 push-ups, 200 sit-ups and 200 squats. So it's all going well! I almost weighed myself this AM but put it off for a month :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

So, you game for trying some of these movements in the MDA post today? I'm not sure I'm ready to roll!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I likely will try them as I get in better shape, but for the time being, only my feet will be touching he earth. In fact, I am sore today the dreaded DOMS! So I am in worse shape than I thought. It's not real bad, but it's noticeable, particularly in my pelvis and lower ab region. I'm working on it! :-)
    Body Fat 30.5

I was crazy enough to try rolling and crazy enough to have liked it. It was actually much easier than I thought. Getting over the fear was the hardest part. It was fun! And I really like bear crawling but honestly, I can only do it where no one can see me. It's fairly embarrassing.

You know the cure for DOMS - more exercise!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I told DH I needed to find a hill to roll down.
    He thinks I've lost my mind.
    I said, well, Siobhan does it

Lol, well my morning walks will provide the perfect opportunity, since I leave the house at 5:00 AM and rarely see anybody else out, maybe another walker or jogger. At the end of the walk is a municiple park that at that hour is all mine. They have a fitness walk with a chin-up bar, balance beam, incline bench and dipping bars. So as I become more able I will make use of these. All under the shroud of dawn's breaking light!

Which is good news for everybody!
    Body Fat 30.5

I wish we had one of those here in my little village. There is one at the hospital where I work, but that isn't very convenient. The obvious geographical consideration aside, I don't really feel like working out in front of my co-workers, especially as a lot of it is fairly undignified. There is, however, a really nice playground behind the school that has all of those things, and is rarely used outside of school hours. And in this little place, there are no signs prohibiting adults with no children. Actually a bit sad that there aren't any children there anyway. Also, it is right across from the pool. Must think about this!

So yesterday my eating was as close to perfect as I typically can, all macros in line and calorie totals in optimal range. I only got in a two mile walk (Boy was at little league at the aforementioned park so I walked over to see him pitch and rode back with them).

This morning was supposed to be a long walk and calisthenics (sp?) But I overslept. I likely needed the sleep as much as the exercise. I may walk at lunch and do the cals tonight.

Finally I am seeing that I appear thinner and some of the (sadly) brand new clothes I bought are a bit loose! So it's working! It really always does work if I stop drinking and limit myself to meals and stop mindlessly snacking. My DOMS is gone, my feet hurt, but not enough to interfere with walking.

I can't wear the magic vibram barefoot shoes because they will likely never make them in my size (12 - 13 EEE, low arch, very high instep) but I did find a pair of new balance minimus shoes that I can wear. I havent taken them on long walks yet, but I am wearing them to break them in, or for them to break me in. Whichever occurs first.

I'm also trying to spend time barefoot, out of doors. Not so much because of the earthing/grounding thing (which as a Engineer I am dubious of, at least from the electrical potential point of view). But because my feet like it and because it makes me feel more connected to the Earth, which is benefit enough for me.

Funny, as a kid I was barefoot all the time, and ran and played on grass, pavement, dirt, leaves and gravel without much thought. Yesterday SWMBO and Boy went off to drop Boy to school and I noticed as they were leaving that she forgot her cell phone. I dashed out to bring it to her before she pulled out of the driveway and this meant running across our pea-sized gravel driveway. The pain was excruciating! I managed to hobble out, give her the phone and began the long limp back to the house.

Guess I need to toughen up!
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Those are some big feet you have!

I'm pretty skeptical of the electrical thing - I bought the Earthing book because I was so curious, but it is very short on science. However, as you know if you read my journal, I'm totally with the whole bare feet on the earth thing. It feels great. I don't know why, but there isn't anything like it. But it does take a long time to rough up the feet and maybe isn't so possible for adults. We just don't have the time or opportunity to run around barefoot enough.