Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 58

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for all the kind words! The painting is actually of a real house I once saw in Nova Scotia (Peggys Cove, I think). But the lighting & sky was based on a walk I took once in Amherst, MA. I was coming home at dust and there was this brilliant sunset over the valley and a different house on a hill, mostly in silhouette, but catching some of the setting sun. It was such a beautiful sunset and what struck me about it was that I could see through the window that their TV set was on and could hear that the news was on. Maybe they were in there watching the news, but in doing so they were missing this beautiful spectacle. The image stayed with me for some decades until I painted it. It's called "Evening News"

I gave it to my sister for Christmas. I've sold very few paintings in my life, I like painting them, but the merchantile aspects of art largely escape me. Funny, because my job requires a lot of sales, but somehow it's different when I am trying to sell something so personal.

Here's one more, and then I'll stop. It's called Maine Road and its a view out the window of my Brother-out-law's house of a blueberry field, near Blue Hill, Maine.

Siobhan, maybe you've driven the road?

Maine Road.jpg
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 04-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Sitting here at my desk at work and thinking about recent events, I realize that I'm not frightened, I'm sad. Sad that we live in a world where for some people, hurting each other is the only way that they can express themselves. Whether its political, or emotional or for whatever reason, these people feel that their final communication to the world must be one of murderous violence. It almost always winds up as their final act, they die in their hijacked airplanes, or they save their last bullet for themselves or die surrounded by police as the swat team crashes through their windows. Whatever point they were trying to make is uttery lost in the horror and senslessness of these acts.

I know people talk about insanity and they talk about terrorism and gun control and politics. But I'm sad that for whatever reason, innocent people always die. Too often it's children, all over the world, who only want to love and be loved. I think we've lost our way.
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I think I might have driven that same road, certainly one very much like it. I love the shapes of the trees poking up into the sky. It is recognizably Maine yet not the usual cliched view that we normally get - grizzled old fishermen, buoys, rocky coast - beautiful and great subjects all, but our beautiful roads are often ignored.

I would like to look at as many pictures as you would like to share with us!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Crazy couple of days! I'm getting ready for a week-long trip to Atlanta. I leave Monday. Eating has been pretty good, still no exercise apart from an occasional walk to or from Boy's little league practice (three miles away).

Besides that, just living! Onward
    Body Fat 27.5

Living is good, and very primal! That sounds like a pretty good walk to me. I am so happy the weather is allowing me to get out on the nature trails, although they are quite muddy. There is a reason why spring in Maine is called Mud Season.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Since you're in Atlanta, I thought I'd bring up your journal for you -

Thanks Siobhan!

I was there all week and managed to eat pretty well. Too much of everything, but not ever out of control. Did a lot of walking too (I always do at trade shows).

The traveling was easy and Atlanta was warm and sunny. But I am glad to be back home. I've stepped up the walking (pun intended) and have added a little bit of strength building exercises (push-ups, squats and sit-ups).

It's still cool here in CT but it is undeniably spring and my mood is much improved :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

I imagine you are a couple of weeks ahead of us here in mid-coast Maine. We have forsythia all over and the fruit trees are just starting to flower. Also daffodils!

Do you go to steak houses when you travel? I would love to visit a really good steak house, it's been a long time! When I used to travel a lot, there were always a lot of women who tried to outdo each other in not eating, eating delicately, etc. "Oh no, I couldn't possibly eat that, it's too heavy and it has butter!" When I think of all the good meals I missed, it makes me sad.

Yes! Steak houses are always on the list. In Atlanta (actually just outside of the city in a suburb called Buckhead) there's a place called "Bones," which is about as good a Steakhouse as any I've been to. We went there with a big group and I had a fantastic filet, but often I get the N.Y. Strip. Very pricey, but really excellent.

Yeah, there were very few women with us this trip and the one who was, loves steak so there was none of that. In fact many of our business asscociates are getting along in years and so the gluttony has diminished. I had the 12 oz filet and it was plenty for me.

We got sushi one night, German food one night and seafood on the last night. It was all good and except for drinks, it was reasonably primal!
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    We live very close to Bones in Buckhead, a champion in the restaurant world!!!
    In fact, after deciding to officially become floridians,
    Bones was a main reason to keep the house in ATL. It's that good.
    Oh, of course, friends and fam also played a tiny part

Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast