Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 53

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your dinner details remind me of eating at my former in-laws. My MIL would either over cook, under cook (turkey bled one year when it was served) or a combo of both. They also kept and served food that had been in their freezer for God knows how long.

I sure don't miss having to eat there or hear her say, "You never eat." I would use "I ate at my parents/sister's'" to avoid eating there.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Your former in-laws sound like my current Outlaws ("Outlaws" because I'm not married to my significant other). They buy way more food than they eat, so will keep things well beyond the expiration date.

It really does mystify me that people can be so consistantly bad at cooking. It's a relatively simple thing, granted, getting everything cooked properly for a big dinner, hot and on the table on time is a lot of work, but to screw it up every time, seems nearly impossible.

Yesterday was a great day, eating wise. I fasted through lunch and made Chicken Tikka Masala with spinach, onion and califlower thrown in. The sauce I use is great, but needs cumin and hot pepper to make it spicy enough. With the califlower in it, I don't miss having rice with it.

This morning I woke up and looked thinner. Since I've decided against weighing myself, I cannot say for sure, but I look a bit thinner and my pants fit better! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I think going by how your clothes fit is more consistent than weight. Congrats on the inches lost.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thanks! I tend to hyperfocus on weight, even though I know that at best it's not a static number. When I plateau or stop losing actively I try to restart the loss and am willing to try any wacky idea. This time 'round I'm really trying to make permanent changes to my eating, not focusing on weight loss, rather than "diet for weight loss."

I know most everybody says this, but I need to habitually eat properly so that if I do become depressed or pre-occupied, I don't fall back into bad habits.
    Body Fat 27.5

Isn't that the truth. When I'm sick or feeling down, it's easy to want my old comfort foods. It's even harder with S2 in the house, because there are off limit foods around for him. There are days (mind you I love my men) that I wish I lived solo like Siobhan - no having bad stuff in the house, no having someone eat the last bit of crispy pork belly you packed for your lunch, buying only what you want to eat..............

We've been eating healthfully (at least in the conventional sense) for a couple of years now, except for bread and pasta. So there aren't a lot of non-primal foods around. My biggest challenge to proper eating, bith in food choices as well as portion size is when I travel. That's where I had the real problems this past Winter. Oh and beer.
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I always had trouble when traveling (when I used to travel for a living) because it seems impossible to get a decent amount of food without spending a fortune. Even now that I rarely eat out, I have to do the Scarlet O'Hara so I won't starve. I went out a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd be safe ordering a 1/2 roast chicken special with veg. That was the smallest chicken in the universe, perhaps bred specially for Munchkins, and the veg was totally inedible, cooked beyond recognition. If they had given me raw carrots and celery I would have been happier. But when I eat at more expensive restaurants, it isn't a problem. In my limited experience, some places are actually producing really yummy stuff for non-grain eaters, like pureed cauliflower with many delicious seasonings. Well, if I win the lotto, I'll open my own restaurant.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I actually do better traveling.

I do okay traveling if I choose the restaurant, but more often its something quick off the highway or someplace that customers take us to, or recommend. I do the best at steakhouses. I can get a 10 - 12 oz filet or strip and some veggies on the side.

But my issues over the winter were not so much lack of choice, as lack of desire to eat well. There is something about the deep dark winter that in my psyche at least calls out for carbs...

I'll have to work on instilling new habits for next year. At least I've identified the trouble and have some time to work on strategies :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    This Gem may make you feel better

Fall Foods: Why Seasonal Eating Primes the Body for Fat Burning | Mark's Daily Apple

And I've done research on it... it's completely normal!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast