Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 52

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My nuts are still frozen...
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Mine too!

So I had a few vacation days which were nice in that I could make healthy foods and walk whenever the mood struck. I'm back at work now and either I have to plan ahead to make food to bring lunch, or fast during lunch or try my luck at the local restaurants.

My goal is to bring primal lunches daily, but optomistically this will happen only 2 times a week on average. I wish I was more disciplined than this, but I'm just not.

Today I have a little pastured pork and a bit of broccoli. It's probably not 250 calories worth, but all we had in the house that was primal and ready to go this morning.

It will have to be enough.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just think of the great meal you can have tonight! (Says the woman who is for some reason mowing through her fridge like she hasn't eaten for days.)

Hey, you should come over to my journal and weigh in on the underwear discussion. Inquiring minds want to know.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

So I've been away since Tuesday, traveling for work. I managed to eat pretty well while away. When I got home Friday I took a shower and then went to pull the chain on light over the sink to shave and poof! All the lights upstairs went out. Grrrrrr.

So, dripping wet I went downstairs to reset the breaker, but it hadn't tripped. This is not a good thing. So I dressed in the dark and went to figure out what might be wrong. It's an old house with old wiring and some of it is decidedly sketchy. To make a long story short, one of the neutral wires in a junction that branches every circuit upstairs broke loose. But it took all day long to figure that out.

Now I'm splitting out some of the circuits and running new wires. It's dirty nasty work.

On the plus side, my diet has been great and I am beginning to feel better all around!

:-)
    Body Fat 27.5

How did SWMBO take the power outage? Probably good that you were home and it didn't happen to her while you were away. Congrats on the good diet. And it is decidedly spring-like now, why does it seem like we get exponentially more daylight every day?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Fortunately she had just left for the day when the lights shut off so except for me not getting anything done at all on my honey-do list (because the wiring took all day), it didn't affect her. Today I took the opportunity to clean up the wiring in the bathroom that has always been trouble. So she's now happy.

Another good day eating! The only trouble was that boy went to an Easter-egg hunt and came back with candy and he wanted to "share" some with me. So I indulged the both of us and had a pixie-stick, a little tootsie roll and several little sweet-tarts. It was fun.

Tomorrow is my family's big Easter Breakfast. Staying Primal will be a challenge, but I'll do the best I can!

Happy Easter Everybody!
    Body Fat 27.5

You'll do it! I just came back from an Easter breakfast where I enjoyed a fresh ham (produced locally), sausage (same), and scrambled eggs (ditto). Amazed everyone by putting butter on my eggs. Should have put it in my coffee also, that would have floored them.

Happy Easter!

I had a really nice Easter, my family does breakfast and the traditional food served has always been deep fat fried bread dough, sort of like fritters. They are spread with a variety of homemade butters, maple, honey and all sorts of jams and jellies. Clearly this is problematic from the Primal point of view. But they are all avid hunters and farmers, so there is always a lot of sausage, bacon and fresh eggs as well, so I made my meal of that and it was all home-grown and home-made, and it was all wonderful.

Then off to the outlaws house to see in what new and unusual way how they can ruin a perfectly good spiral sliced ham. This year the method was to bake it too long at too high a temperature and then to take it out midway through the process to work as much sugary glaze into the spiral cuts as they would hold, so that the entire ham had a sugar-encrusted-leathery-dry-texture. They cut this cloying sweetness by a liberal application of mustard.

On the side they served mashed potatos, of course boiling them as long as they did, mashing was really a wasted and redundant effort. They served asparagus, I offered to cook it for them, but they wanted me to relax. They boiled them early then let them cool in the hot water, thus cooking them into oblivion and then at the last minute sauteed them hot again with butter and garlic. They had a texture to match the mashed potatos, just grayer. Nobody ate them.

Curiously pale salad and burned-bottom bisquits rounded out the feast. Fortunately, I had eaten "so much" at the breakfast that my nibbling at dinner wasn't noticed really.

Still it was a fun day. If the food had been great, I would've over-eaten, so from my perspective it was okay.

:-)
    Body Fat 27.5

I had a grandmother, bless her memory, that cooked like that. We used to go over to her house for Sunday dinner. My mom never ate anything and managed to 'not feel well enough to go' on a regular basis. She used to make a cake - I don't know how she did it, but it was absolutely rock hard. And no, it wasn't supposed to be like that.

I had an aunt who would boil brussels sprouts for an HOUR and then mash them. That's why I always thought I hated them.

That brings up lot's of memories! When my oldest was a young child (he's 24 now) we used to go to his Grandmother's for Sunday dinner and most holidays. She cooked in much the same way, and was always perplexed when things didn't come out just like they did on Julia Child's program. One of the things that she consistantly ruined was roast beef. I don't know how she did it. But every method she tried and every cut turned out grey and tough, when she was aiming for medium rare.

One day we were out shopping and by chance ran into her. She invited us to dinner and asked what we would like. We hemmed and hawed and then our little 5 year old, who had lost several teeth, announced that he hoped he didn't have "that hard meat" again because it was "impossible to chew!!!" Her face fell and took on the same grey color as the meat always had. I had to stop myself from laughing.

The next christmas I bought her a new meat thermometer, wrapped it up and put it into her stocking, from the boy.
    Body Fat 27.5