Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 51

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    David, sorry you are still not feeling completely right. I think the reason I got the flu was because I binged on chocolate and sugar! I had been fighting it all off for about 10 days and was fine - until my binge And then I got sicker than anyone else in the family. The kids do best with staying primal and they kicked the 'flu super fast. Even DS who gets horrid fevers was over it in a few days. DD kicked it in one day ... I was sick for over a week ... serve me right huh?

So glad you had a nice walk. We love the turmeric tea - delicious!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    It has been a weird couple of days. I am feeling better, my cold-flu-whatever is now just an annoying tickle that sends me into coughing fits at odd times. Work has been crazy this week, we have a huge project due and the customer came to see and sign off on it. But there were (are) last minute issues, mostly dealing with one of the component suppliers but still we have responsibility to make it right. So we've all been working a lot of hours. But my part in this is now over and I took today and tomorrow off.

It's been hard to make good food choices having lunch and sometimes dinner out or brought in, but I've managed.

I was hoping that today I could relax a bit and maybe take a walk. But it has SNOWED here all fricken day. Grrrr.

Tonight I'm having swordfish and collard greens. If I eat according to plan, my daily totals will be: total calories-1700, carbs-68 gr., fat-100 gr., protein- 140.

Not great, but not bad either!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 231.6
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 31.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Are you kidding, those macros are great!

We got buried in snow on Tuesday. Still digging out. I'm done with winter, seriously, even Pollyanna me is DONE.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah they were pretty good, I'm trying to get to 2000 calories a day and finding it hard to keep below 150 grams Protein and 75- 100 grams Carb, at least eating the things I normally eat. Last time around I was eating too little, at least toward the end. This time I really have no agenda except to keep to my macro levels as much as possible and to lose weight slowly.
    Body Fat 31.5

I think that as we ease out of this winter and your activity level increases and you feel like eating more fresh stuff things will start to change. You are doing great! I know how easy it is to feel like you are missing something, and if you can just figure it out, the weight will fall off. But you can't go wrong with good macros, IMHO.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I hope I can't go too far wrong. My mentality in the past has been, "If 2000 calories a day is good for losing weight, then 1500 calories must be better and then 1200..."

Of course intellectually I know that this is not true long term. But I somehow always think I can manage it and then I really can't. Then, disgusted, I swing too far the other way. typically this coincides with Winter. Fortunately this time I caught myself before I put all the weight back on.

I've been locked in this pattern for decades. So, I'm trying hard to do things differently, keeping to my macros with greater vigilance, not obsessively weighing myself. Trying to get out each day for some walking. It is beginning to work. I do feel better.

Thanks for listening! :-)
    Body Fat 31.5

I know I've said this a million times, but having my journal here has been instrumental for my success and I honestly would not have done this well without everyone here helping me. And so often I've just had to get out of my own way! I have it easy compared to others - I don't have any one but myself to deal with, either at home or work. I have temptations thrown my way every so often, but not really good temptations. I mean, if a world-famous pastry chef showed up at my door with an Italian cream cake or something...not likely.

Thanks!

Today is a weird day. I was supposed to take my two older boys to Manhattan to museum hop and eat dinner. We went around Christmastime and had a blast, but I was just not into it this time, I still am not quite up to snuff health wise and the idea of shivering in the cold of Manhattan just made we want to scream, so I cancelled the trip yesterday. We will do it later in the spring when hopefully it is warmer.

So that left me at home today doing chores and little projects. SWMBO is having friends over, ones I do not especially care for, I wasn't supposed to be here, so I will make myself scarce. Maybe I'll take myself to a movie...

Food has been good, both yesterday and today (so far). I think I have solved my dilemma in terms of my macros, I need to keep my protein about 125 gr. and want to keep my carbs from 75 - 100. This only brings me up to 900 calories a day. So limiting myself to 100 grams of fat only brought my total to 1800 calories. So I need to eat more fat to bring myself up to 2000 total. That's easily done. :-)

DC
    Body Fat 31.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol! Yeah, those need to thaw out too! ;-)

So yesterday I just did some shopping and hung out at a coffee shop for the evening reading. I didn't buy anything (except coffee). I drove by the movie theater, one of these huge multiplex theaters but it was crawling with people and there weren't any movies I especially wanted to see. I went to Barnes & Noble, it was vaguely sad. I have so little interest in owning physical books, now that I have the iPad. I know people like the whole tactile sensation of reading with a real book, but not me. I really like the Kindle program on the iPad. So looking at the books at B&N was weird, I didn't really want any of them. I wonder how long big stores like that can last.

SWMBO texted me about 11:00 that the guests had left and I made my way back home.

Food totals were good, a bit high on Protein (139) but not by much, Carbs 59, and Fat 140.
    Body Fat 31.5

Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast